[Mod] PMobs (progress mobs) [pmobs]

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

Re: [Mod] PMobs (progress mobs)

by KCoombes » Post

Updated to 3.5 and I have noticed the basic NPC (and his new girlfriend) are no longer walking around on their own. Also they seem to spawn a bit more frequently - within sight of the next closest NPC (from this mod).

CProgrammerRU
In-game: CProgrammerRU

by CProgrammerRU » Post

linushsao wrote:awesome,i had try this mod.

it seems to need more ram or powerful cpu or other.because pmobs's npc(yeti,guard) will attack other mods's mobs , this situation increases loading of cpu and ram. i also notice something strange,npc guard&wolf will suddenly fly to sky very fast,and then server will got full loading and crash. it happen in about 5 min.

anybody got the same problem like me?
Try to compile minetest with luajit. It will work better.

CProgrammerRU

by CProgrammerRU » Post

KCoombes wrote:Updated to 3.5 and I have noticed the basic NPC (and his new girlfriend) are no longer walking around on their own. Also they seem to spawn a bit more frequently - within sight of the next closest NPC (from this mod).
In the future i will make villages. Npc will spawn only in the villages. Also I will fix the spawn frequency.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

CProgrammerRU wrote: In the future i will make villages. Npc will spawn only in the villages. Also I will fix the spawn frequency.
My mg_villages mod - in combination with mobf_trader - already adds villages with traders in them. They just don't move around. But: I've added some code so that the npcs from mobs (simple mobs) get the trading function as well. Maybe that can save you some time.
A list of my mods can be found here.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

In mobs_redo NPCs can breed now, but I've never seen one spawn....would it be possible to make it so that if they do spawn, they turn into one of the ones from this mod?

And also, could you make it so that it ties in with the throwing mod? I can't make an archer because this mod defines bows and arrows, but i use throwing enhanced, so it doesn't work...

CProgrammerRU

by CProgrammerRU » Post

benrob0329 wrote:In mobs_redo NPCs can breed now, but I've never seen one spawn....would it be possible to make it so that if they do spawn, they turn into one of the ones from this mod?

And also, could you make it so that it ties in with the throwing mod? I can't make an archer because this mod defines bows and arrows, but i use throwing enhanced, so it doesn't work...
in mobs redo npc spawning i disabled. The throwing mod is integrated in this mod. I redone some bow textures.
I will make breeding for npc later.

CProgrammerRU

by CProgrammerRU » Post

Sokomine wrote:
CProgrammerRU wrote: In the future i will make villages. Npc will spawn only in the villages. Also I will fix the spawn frequency.
My mg_villages mod - in combination with mobf_trader - already adds villages with traders in them. They just don't move around. But: I've added some code so that the npcs from mobs (simple mobs) get the trading function as well. Maybe that can save you some time.
It's great. But my friend want to write an world gen with villages. Some npc will be traders. I think to integrate money mod. But i will maybe write my own (make money from gold ingots).

benrob0329

by benrob0329 » Post

Could you make it so that if the throwing mod is installed it will use that?

CProgrammerRU

by CProgrammerRU » Post

benrob0329 wrote:Could you make it so that if the throwing mod is installed it will use that?
Ok. I will make it.

benrob0329

by benrob0329 » Post

Thanks! I'm sorry if I came off rood, I'm trying to get better at not being rood.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

CProgrammerRU wrote: It's great. But my friend want to write an world gen with villages. Some npc will be traders. I think to integrate money mod. But i will maybe write my own (make money from gold ingots).
Good luck! Maybe you'll find another approach. But you'll most likely be faced with similar problems mg_villages was faced with. Integrating a money mod might be very trivial by comparison :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

jakab
IRC: jakab
In-game: jakab

by jakab » Post

hi :)

i like this mod :>
i have an idea what i couldnt make with lua :P : make a button, where we can set a players name, and if he/she around the npc will atack him/her :D
(i need it becoulse my game)