[Server][Game] Extreme Survival

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:AI enemies die in water for some reason, why don't they go up to not die in it?

Interesting side of this server is this: lots of easy and hard enemies, lots of loot (but "easy come - easy go"), very dangerous caves, extremely dangerous mining (was recovering my diamond corpse like 5 times, running is not helping).

I've played for few days and I got 1 full chest of good axes and good swords, lots of wood, but very few ores and diamonds (just for 2 protections).

BTW, why not make dropped loot with another way: if AI vs AI - no loot dropped for the player, but only if you kill the enemy (so picks and axes will be much rarer probably).

Also, I've mentioned bones on protected areas earlier, looks like it needs some fixing in code (or we will have a bone city).
Ahh...

AI I changed to die in water so they would be less populated in world to decrease lag a bit. I like them to swim too, actually. I am working on a fix.

Bones are protected only with the areas mod, yes the rainbow village (formerly gold village) is boneville :D I like it actually. hehe.

I like your idea about ai not dropping on ai vs ai.

YES mining in caves is DIFFICULT! the best way I think is to strip mine in skinny shafts so you are not flanked so bad.

More to do and add.

Read top post for current updates!! I changes a few things. Thanks for playing!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Do you have some kind of anticursing mod? They are dating again, "need gf/sister/bf/dog/whatever"

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:Do you have some kind of anticursing mod? They are dating again, "need gf/sister/bf/dog/whatever"
Nothing really to do. The anti curse works for swear, I guess ill hack one to work with dating. But why waste the time id rather mine.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:Do you have some kind of anticursing mod? They are dating again, "need gf/sister/bf/dog/whatever"
I make a quick and dirty anti dating mod based of lag's anti curse mod. :D
Restart in 15minutes....

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Build your house out of locked chests. You will need a lot of locked chests with all the loot monsters/badplayers drop.
Last edited by BBmine on Fri Aug 28, 2015 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

What I don't like is these crashes before reset (and reset itself), I was working with protection blocks when suddenly it went offline, now I have no clue if that protector was placed or not, now I need to connect to the server when it is up again before reset, but it is not possible in some cases (with indefinite Connecting to server/Connection timed out), so you will loose your stuff because of crash+reset. Why not reset weekly? Is it too heavy on the server?

// It is 22:10, and it is unreachable again :(

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Server is broken. I'm bowling now. I won't reset tobight as it is unfair. All the new mods I added caused major bugs. I a sorry for these growing pains. I might pull the recent mods to see what causes crash. It is crap.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

SERVER IS FIXED!1

Thanks for the patience, we are working very hard ironing out all the bugs.

Fishing only works if one player is online.
Armour has major conflict, I will fix and add when it is stable. (Next few days.)
areas and villages conflict kinda, I will rectify the protection problem, just build away from villages for now.

Added the Army mod, wow, it is awesome and has a great gun to fight mobs!

Updated the mobs, they are very tuff to kill and some of the drops are VERY valuable, i.e. the soldier drops his gun and ammo.

We now sell guns (probably sold out by now,) and ammo, 12000 rounds to buy at main spawn shop under the cat.

Thank you for the input, it is very appreciated and help to make this a better server.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

SERVER OFFLINE for updates.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

maikerumine wrote: areas and villages conflict kinda, I will rectify the protection problem, just build away from villages for now.
mg_villages comes with its own protection system. Houses, sheds and empty plots can be bought from the village with some ingots if you right-click the plot marker in front of the house. You can turn the protection the village provides for its buildings off by setting mg_villages.ENABLE_PROTECTION = false in mg_villages/config.lua.
A list of my mods can be found here.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Sokomine wrote:
maikerumine wrote: areas and villages conflict kinda, I will rectify the protection problem, just build away from villages for now.
mg_villages comes with its own protection system. Houses, sheds and empty plots can be bought from the village with some ingots if you right-click the plot marker in front of the house. You can turn the protection the village provides for its buildings off by setting mg_villages.ENABLE_PROTECTION = false in mg_villages/config.lua.
This is sweet! I was wondering what those were used for. Do the plot markers spawn naturally or do we need to craft it? I originally set the villages to spawn without protection, then I enabled it. Does this break the plot marker feature?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

SERVERA IS ONLINE
Changed how PVP works with Ten's protector mod, if you are in a protected area you cannot pvp, also spawn area is protected against pvp as well. ADDED shooter mod and tweaked a few things like punch timer and eliminated all other weapons except the rifle, tweaked the sound too. I believe currently I have set the rifle to only harm mobs, not people. This will give builders a better chance at surviving while building. Added armour, but only steel armour. Updated the pathsv6alt mod from Paramat today as well. Hopefully things work and not crash so much. Enjoy.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

maikerumine wrote: This is sweet! I was wondering what those were used for. Do the plot markers spawn naturally or do we need to craft it? I originally set the villages to spawn without protection, then I enabled it. Does this break the plot marker feature?
The plot markers are placed into the villages automaticly when the village is generated. They will not be present in villages that where spawned before I added that feature. If you've got the plot markers in front of the houses (tiny, not very high stone brick slabs, slightly smaller than one node), then you can use them if protection is enabled. If protection is disabled, you can build and dig in the villages as much as you like without having to worry about the plotmarkers. If you turn protection back on and didn't remove the plotmarkers in the meantime, you can again buy the houses. Else they're protected forever :-)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Sokomine wrote:
maikerumine wrote: This is sweet! I was wondering what those were used for. Do the plot markers spawn naturally or do we need to craft it? I originally set the villages to spawn without protection, then I enabled it. Does this break the plot marker feature?
The plot markers are placed into the villages automaticly when the village is generated. They will not be present in villages that where spawned before I added that feature. If you've got the plot markers in front of the houses (tiny, not very high stone brick slabs, slightly smaller than one node), then you can use them if protection is enabled. If protection is disabled, you can build and dig in the villages as much as you like without having to worry about the plotmarkers. If you turn protection back on and didn't remove the plotmarkers in the meantime, you can again buy the houses. Else they're protected forever :-)
Sorry to trouble you, could you please post a link to that new version so I can confirm that I have the right version? I picked this version from stampyland game.
Thanks in advance!!

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

maikerumine, is there any way possible you can (pre)release extreme_game? Just as it is now. Your awesome server inspired me to make my own super challenging survival server. I have a few of the mods, but some I can't find, and some are tweaked too much for me to get it just right. I am working on super-sizing your bad player mod and going a different way with other things. You server is just so perfect, I would like to get close, but with my own twist. If not, it's totally cool, I was just wondering. Thanks in advance!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Tedypig wrote:maikerumine, is there any way possible you can (pre)release extreme_game? Just as it is now. Your awesome server inspired me to make my own super challenging survival server. I have a few of the mods, but some I can't find, and some are tweaked too much for me to get it just right. I am working on super-sizing your bad player mod and going a different way with other things. You server is just so perfect, I would like to get close, but with my own twist. If not, it's totally cool, I was just wondering. Thanks in advance!
Thank you for the compliment! I stand on the shoulders of the giants of Minetest, that is the only way this server is possible. And MANY hours of mix and matching mods, settings, and gameplay. I started this project about a year ago and finally it is almost where I'd like it to be.

RELEASE, YES!! I was planning on sorting out a few things and putting the game on github, there are a few items of redundancy that can be removed, as well as fixing some crafting recipes. I am shooting for this friday a release, I just need to go through all the licenses and see if it will be legit.

Thanks for playing!

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

I have "Connection time out" on your server :(

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:I have "Connection time out" on your server :(
Try using a 4.12 client it will work when server load is high.
Currently my ISP has been wonky which may cause some issues.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

20150826-UPDATES: Fixed the villages so that all new villages spawned the buildings and plots can be purchased by right clicking the little plot marker that looks like a stone brick 1/4 slab. Note only one purchase per village.
ADDED more roadways like DC road and NGREGOR roadway, which lead to current villages.
ADDED the AWARDS mod by Rubenwardy for a little incentive as you play.
ADDED MERU, so off in the barrenlands you will find the 2000 meter mountain to climb or mine.
FIXED the wield item mod, there was a conflict with 3dweildview and armour, now this is fixed.
FIXED the armour mod, you now have a full set of STEEL armour. I chose this to keep it simple, when you die you keep your armour.
4 Protection can be made now with 1 Mese block. This is to encourage more building and expanding.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

maikerumine wrote:
I've managed to connect after some time, but now I'm unable again, how it looks: at some point you loose connection and unable to connect with error message "Connection time out", in server browser it slowly goes down and number of players goes down to 2-3 or less, until you restart it or something happens, don't know. Looks like it is some kind of glitch. And I've tried your advice way before with going back to 0.4.12 because it has longer "time out time" it seems, but it won't help, it will load soooo sloooow (minutes!) and it is not playable (no terrain around), super slow.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:
maikerumine wrote:
I've managed to connect after some time, but now I'm unable again, how it looks: at some point you loose connection and unable to connect with error message "Connection time out", in server browser it slowly goes down and number of players goes down to 2-3 or less, until you restart it or something happens, don't know. Looks like it is some kind of glitch. And I've tried your advice way before with going back to 0.4.12 because it has longer "time out time" it seems, but it won't help, it will load soooo sloooow (minutes!) and it is not playable (no terrain around), super slow.
I noticed that too. I am monitoring from work and will try to reset and also re config the conf file. This seems to be getting worse, I am sorry. I want it to run smoothly without restart so many times.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

maikerumine wrote: Sorry to trouble you, could you please post a link to that new version so I can confirm that I have the right version? I picked this version from stampyland game.
If you're looking for handle_schematics, mg_villages, mobf_trader and other related mods, just take a look at my github repros :-) All mods are rolling releases and fixed once a bug shows up or an improvement is added.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

4 Protection can be made now with 1 Mese block. This is to encourage more building and expanding.
I like this change a lot.
Last edited by Fixer on Thu Aug 27, 2015 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

FIxerol:

1--2--3--4--5--6--7

o--o--o--o--o--o--o 1
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 2
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 3
o--o--o--x--o--o--o 4
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 5
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 6
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 7

O's are the protected blocks,
X is the protetection block.
I don't know if I'm right, haven played too much on this server.

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

Dragonop wrote:FIxerol:

1--2--3--4--5--6--7

o--o--o--o--o--o--o 1
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 2
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 3
o--o--o--x--o--o--o 4
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 5
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 6
o--o--o--o--o--o--o 7

O's are the protected blocks,
X is the protetection block.
I don't know if I'm right, haven played too much on this server.
This is correct. It's 3 from center in each direction, so 123P321 is 7 nodes total. P=Protector.