[OFFLINE][hungry_games_plus] GunshipPenguin's Hunger Games

horse_lover
IRC: LizzardBeth
In-game: horse_lover LizzardBeth

Re: [0.4.13][hungry_games_plus] GunshipPenguin's Hunger Game

by horse_lover » Post

lol a few days ago I played about forty five minutes... for one game :P Both of us had full mithril armour and diamond swords, I had almost a stack of bread slices and 6 bottles of nyan rainbow juice. It's way too easy to accumulate all this OP stuff with the chest refills. If my helmet was almost broken, I had like 2 extras to swap out. I think there should still be chest refills, just not as often. Also I think there should be a time limit. After the time limit, it's either a death-match or a tie. But that’s just my suggestions...

BTW the match ended because I was getting bored and left.
Blue Roses are my thing
Love horses ;D
Fishies too <3 Fish Lore - Aquarium Fish Information

programmingchicken
GitHub: pchicken
IRC: chicken pchicken

by programmingchicken » Post

you could have used fire arrows
ya that's a tiny bit OP
:3
<gamerdude> I apologize for the above content

horse_lover
IRC: LizzardBeth
In-game: horse_lover LizzardBeth

by horse_lover » Post

I couldn't find enough in one go to kill :P
Blue Roses are my thing
Love horses ;D
Fishies too <3 Fish Lore - Aquarium Fish Information

programmingchicken
GitHub: pchicken
IRC: chicken pchicken

by programmingchicken » Post

:3 I think the armor should be reduced and the weapons increased (it makes the games quicker)

I want factions.
<gamerdude> I apologize for the above content

GunshipPenguin
GitHub: GunshipPenguin
IRC: GunshipPenguin
In-game: GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

horse_lover wrote:lol a few days ago I played about forty five minutes... for one game :P Both of us had full mithril armour and diamond swords, I had almost a stack of bread slices and 6 bottles of nyan rainbow juice. It's way too easy to accumulate all this OP stuff with the chest refills. If my helmet was almost broken, I had like 2 extras to swap out. I think there should still be chest refills, just not as often. Also I think there should be a time limit. After the time limit, it's either a death-match or a tie. But that’s just my suggestions...

Wuzzy suggested a sudden death feature whereby after a certain time, all chest refills would be stopped, food would be removed from everybody's inventory and all chests and perhaps other handicaps imposed on all players still remaining. From then on, the match would end quickly.

I'll see what I can do on the front. It may be a bit complex, but it would add a lot to the game.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

How about this mod?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11140

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

GunshipPenguin
GitHub: GunshipPenguin
IRC: GunshipPenguin
In-game: GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Post

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13114
This is the topic for my hungry_games fork. All future discussion pertaining to the subgame should take place there.
Hybrid Dog wrote:How about this mod?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11140
A mod such as that could certainly add a lot to this subgame. However, I believe that it is more suited to be installed as a regular mod, rather than as a part of the subgame. I'd like to keep the subgame rather simple, and let server administrators customise to their tastes through installation of mods such as this.
horse_lover wrote:lol a few days ago I played about forty five minutes... for one game :P Both of us had full mithril armour and diamond swords, I had almost a stack of bread slices and 6 bottles of nyan rainbow juice. It's way too easy to accumulate all this OP stuff with the chest refills. If my helmet was almost broken, I had like 2 extras to swap out. I think there should still be chest refills, just not as often. Also I think there should be a time limit. After the time limit, it's either a death-match or a tie. But that’s just my suggestions...

I'm also finished with a sudden death feature. I should have it committed to the github repo and running on the server within the next few days.

Essentially what happens is this. After a configurable time interval (default 15 minutes), all chest refills stop, all chests are emptied and each player receives a configurable kit of items, which by default is currently just a steel sword and one apple. After a short while, somebody will have to win the game due to hunger and thirst.

I also plan on reducing the odds of powerful items such as nyan rainbow juice and diamond swords spawning in order to balance the game.

Sky27
IRC: Sky27
In-game: Sky27

Re: [OFFLINE][hungry_games_plus] GunshipPenguin's Hunger Gam

by Sky27 » Post

You can put a parkour like the life on the edge and in outside of the lobby