Resources for how to edit main menu?

leiget

Resources for how to edit main menu?

by leiget » Post

Hi, I'm new. I was wanting to know if there are any resources for changing the look of the main menu, like how to make "Singleplayer, "Multiplayer", etc. tabs into buttons on the left of the screen, like with Freeminer. I've looked and used search on the dev wiki and didn't find anything. The closest I got was http://dev.minetest.net/formspec.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

Re: Resources for how to edit main menu?

by benrob0329 » Post

The main menu isn't customisable without editing the Lua code in the builtin directory.

Red2
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red1

by Red2 » Post

You would have edit the lua files in /builtin/mainmenu.

blert2112
GitHub: blert2112

by blert2112 » Post

See ... /your_minetest_folder/doc/menu_lua_api.txt

leiget

by leiget » Post

Okay, thank you guys. I've been looking at the code in the builting directory and also the api documentation, and right now I'm trying to find out sinply move the header picture over to the right a little.

leiget

by leiget » Post

Been looking at the code more, and went into the C++ code to look around, and I've just barely started started. I'm trying to customize all of MineTest, just because, and it's been pretty hard finding out how to do simple things like make a menu on the left side of the screen, like in FreeMiner.

I've found that "guiEngine.cpp" has a lot of important stuff, but I'm still not sure how to go about making a button menu on the left side of the screen. It seems that MineTest isn't really made for that, so it looks like I'm going to have to make my own functions, and what not, and try to integrate them into what MineTest already has.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

Well, I'd love to see a customisable menu get added to MT, would you do a pull request if you can figure it out?