[Server][Game] Extreme Survival

rnd
GitHub: ac-minetest
IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server

by rnd » Post

1. simple linux script to auto restart server 10 seconds after crash ( you can still look at logs later); run_server.sh:

#!/bin/bash
while :
do
minetestserver --quiet --worldname 2015 --logfile /home/minetest/.minetest/log/debug.txt
echo "Server has stopped with exit code $?, restarting in 10 seconds, ctrl-c to abort. Backup daily."
sleep 10
done

2. errors:
2015-09-05 15:59:33: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2015-09-05 15:59:33: ERROR[Main]: ...n\..\games\extreme_survival\mods\inventory_plus\init.lua:60: in function 'get_formspec'
if i look at https://github.com/cornernote/minetest- ... it.lua#L60 i see:
--player:get_inventory():set_width("craft", 2)
that line seems to be commented (--). Only reason for crash there would be if you made changes; you need to post your init.lua Also that part seems to display when player views a recipe. Most bugs seem to happen when game wants to read/write to a variable and it isnt defined

sometimes server crashes for more serious reasons ( segfault, memory leaks ).. not much to do then but fix the bug in source code
1EvCmxbzl5KDu6XAunE1K853Lq6VVOsT

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

it is down again

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

rnd, he uses Windows (8, I believe). Your script wont work for him.

maikerumine, if it's a problem with Inventory Plus and/or the craft guide (I assume because rnd said "Also that part seems to display when player views a recipe"), maybe you could switch over to Unified Inventory, which has the craft guide built-in. The only problem I can see with that is, the skins menu doesn't work (no button) (unless there's a fix that I don't know about). I'm no expert, just trying to help. Even with the lag and crashes, this is my favorite sever in a long time. Thank you for making it so awesome.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

I wonder if this lag caused by lack of bandwidth or lack of cpu or both. Uptime is 8hr and lag changes from good to bad and back from time to time. What is program priority, what you do on this PC? what you download beside of minetest on this and other PCs, what is cpu load, ram usage, network usage (windows updates, torrents, whatever), what is upload speed and etc... What is your PC spec?

// also, just to be on the safe side, make a backup of the database and other needed files, including auth.txt (because of just test password disaster).

//// btw, lag is kinda wavy, with up and downs (from good to bad and back)...

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

looks less laggy for me now. BTW, what the deal with corpses? Lots of them lying around but when I gather them they don't appear in my inventory.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Tedypig wrote:rnd, he uses Windows (8, I believe). Your script wont work for him.

maikerumine, if it's a problem with Inventory Plus and/or the craft guide (I assume because rnd said "Also that part seems to display when player views a recipe"), maybe you could switch over to Unified Inventory, which has the craft guide built-in. The only problem I can see with that is, the skins menu doesn't work (no button) (unless there's a fix that I don't know about). I'm no expert, just trying to help. Even with the lag and crashes, this is my favorite sever in a long time. Thank you for making it so awesome.
Thanks man, that means a lot. :-) I do believe you, the people make the server a great place, all the mod makers that made the cool mods we are using, and the developers for hammering out code, just to make this all work in the first place.

Fixerol wrote: I wonder if this lag caused by lack of bandwidth or lack of cpu or both. Uptime is 8hr and lag changes from good to bad and back from time to time. What is program priority, what you do on this PC? what you download beside of minetest on this and other PCs, what is cpu load, ram usage, network usage (windows updates, torrents, whatever), what is upload speed and etc... What is your PC spec?

// also, just to be on the safe side, make a backup of the database and other needed files, including auth.txt (because of just test password disaster).

//// btw, lag is kinda wavy, with up and downs (from good to bad and back)...

looks less laggy for me now. BTW, what the deal with corpses? Lots of them lying around but when I gather them they don't appear in my inventory.
The corpses do not drop bones, mainly to defeat the "bonefarm" trick. HAHA! I figure fighting monsters and mobs will be more part of the gameplay overall for balance.

I am happy to hear the lag is less, still tweaking settings in the .conf file to get things right, which hopefully does not corrupt the map...

Backups are done every morning, as for the entire minetest directory, just to be sure and safe.

Bandwidth is around 30mb dl and 12 ul, cpu is 4 cores only utilizing 2-5% processing. Ram is 16Gb and only 15-20% is utilized.

I do not run any other applications on the pc, I believe the lag and crashing may be partly caused by too many people--I lowered this to 28ppl max and it seems to run better. I do wish I was able to host more ppl, oh well.

NETFLIX... is utilized on occasion thusly bandwidth may suffer a teeny bit.

Sometimes I play on this machine while the server is running, I am sure that lags it a bit.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

everamzah
GitHub: everamzah
IRC: everamzah
In-game: everamzah

by everamzah » Post

12 MB/s upload is how they bill it and 1 MB/s up is what you get? That's how it is with mine, billed as 30MB/s upload, and I can upload 3MB/s actual speed. I haven't tried a speed test, yet. So 3MB/s upload and quadcore AMD 64 with 8 GB of ram and debian stable as an operating system. Debian is running solo, nothing else on the machine except minetestserver. Still, at 33 users, the server will lag. A lot of this, I feel, is due to settings in the conf, but I thing that a hosting a lot of users no matter what settings is going to require a lot more bandwidth.

I wonder if the network bandwidth were greater, that any burden on the CPU would be reduced. Does minetest have to work harder when it's got a lot of data and has to wait for the network to catch up?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

UPDATE!!

ADDED Quartz, Mese Crystals, and cottages. Changed the conf file AGAIN to help with less lag. Fixed minor bugs and added shared chests.

everamzah
GitHub: everamzah
IRC: everamzah
In-game: everamzah

by everamzah » Post

FYI, players can harvest mese crystals from the growing plant using the crystalline bell even if it's protected.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

everamzah wrote:FYI, players can harvest mese crystals from the growing plant using the crystalline bell even if it's protected.
OOOOHH!! This is VERY GOOD to know! Thanks mate!

BlueFireIceUn
In-game: BlueFireUn

by BlueFireIceUn » Post

Maike, why did you add a skin about asia14? There was already one named jojoa
Blue who loves you all but mostly someone :)

AndDT
GitHub: AndDT
IRC: AndDT
In-game: AndDT

by AndDT » Post

It would be nice if you add sand monsters that will drop sand

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

SERVER IS OFFLINE TO TRY TO FIX CORRUPT PART OF THE MAP.

I did add sand monsters, they somehow don't spawn. I did add a new Mt Meru made of sandstone and desert stone though.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

BTW, I've tried singleplayer on 0.4.13 there are probably a dozen of new blocks: beds, trees, new slabs, new stairs (including metals) and even vessels shelf, it would be nice if it will be available in your game if your are staying on 0.4.13.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

BTW, there is two kinds of pinewood slabs: Pine Wood slub and Pinewood slubs (look the same) :D

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:BTW, there is two kinds of pinewood slabs: Pine Wood slub and Pinewood slubs (look the same) :D
I saw that... I am currently migrating to 0.4.13 to rectify this. This will be fixed and all current nodes that use the wrong 4.12 naming will be corrected. Tonight's restart will be one step closer to a full working game. I removed some things and added requested things. I will eventually fix the crafting guide or move to a streamlined inventory mod, key is lightweight.

The village mod was tweaked and caused ghost towns to lock out peoples property, all I need is a list and I can hack the rest!

see ya later.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

maikerumine wrote: The village mod was tweaked and caused ghost towns to lock out peoples property, all I need is a list and I can hack the rest!
Do you need any help with that, or have you found the relevant data already?
A list of my mods can be found here.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Sokomine wrote:
maikerumine wrote: The village mod was tweaked and caused ghost towns to lock out peoples property, all I need is a list and I can hack the rest!
Do you need any help with that, or have you found the relevant data already?
Yes. I kinda screwed up by changing frequency of w homes this caused a remap of areas. Is there a way to parse in excel?

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

maikerumine wrote: Yes. I kinda screwed up by changing frequency of w homes this caused a remap of areas. Is there a way to parse in excel?
The file mg_all_villages.data contains all the information about the villages in a normal lua table. Excel would be the wrong tool for that. Each entry represents a village. Even the lone houses count as a (full) village in this regard. You can walk through the deserialized table with for village_id, village_data in pairs( mg_villages.all_villages ). village_id is a key derived from village_data.x and village_data.z, seperated by a ":". Provided you've got the right privs, you can type e.g. /visit 3 in order to be teleported to the third village (where you can see your x and z coordinates), or you can use the /villages command in order to get a list of all villages.
Manipulating the data in the file mg_all_villages.data and deleting villages there will remove protection in these villages, and it will remove the ability to teleport there with the visit command, but it won't change the map in any way.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Server works soo much better, lag is less and uptime is up to 50000 sec.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Down due to major electrical storm. Online when storm passes.
New ore and crafting bits.
MERU has been discovered by Carlos but not yet climbed. It is all sandstone and desert stone. ;-) as requested.
Lag is up maybe because I suck at modding.

Enjoy!

AndDT
GitHub: AndDT
IRC: AndDT
In-game: AndDT

by AndDT » Post

It would be nice if you add technic_chests. It requires only default mod (fat mods like pipeworks are optional)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Code: Select all

11:36:52: WARNING: Undeclared global variable "intllib" accessed at ...ERVER\bin\..\games\extreme_survival\mods\awards\init.lua:8
11:36:52: WARNING: Undeclared global variable "unified_inventory" accessed at ...\Uberi-Minetest-WorldEdit-44c9576\worldedit_gui\init.lua:70
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ERROR[Main]: NodeResolver: failed to resolve node name 'mapgen_river_water_source'.
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ACTION[Server]: Announcing to servers.minetest.net
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ACTION[Main]:         .__               __                   __   
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ACTION[Main]:   _____ |__| ____   _____/  |_  ____   _______/  |_ 
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ACTION[Main]:  /     \|  |/    \_/ __ \   __\/ __ \ /  ___/\   __\
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ACTION[Main]: |  Y Y  \  |   |  \  ___/|  | \  ___/ \___ \  |  |  
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ACTION[Main]: |__|_|  /__|___|  /\___  >__|  \___  >____  > |__|  
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ACTION[Main]:       \/        \/     \/          \/     \/        
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ACTION[Main]: World at [D:\MTSERVER\bin\..\worlds\AWFIX]
2015-09-21 11:36:53: ACTION[Main]: Server for gameid="extreme_survival" listening on 0.0.0.0:30000.
[basic machines] loaded
2015-09-21 11:37:24: ACTION[Server]: ADMIN [23.28.75.103] joins game. 
2015-09-21 11:37:24: ACTION[Server]: ADMIN joins game. List of players: ADMIN
2015-09-21 11:37:33: ERROR[Main]: UNRECOVERABLE error occurred. Stopping server. Please fix the following error:
2015-09-21 11:37:33: ERROR[Main]: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'badplayer' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ....\games\extreme_survival\mods\mg_villages/protection.lua:3: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
2015-09-21 11:37:33: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2015-09-21 11:37:33: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'pairs'
2015-09-21 11:37:33: ERROR[Main]: 	....\games\extreme_survival\mods\mg_villages/protection.lua:3: in function 'get_town_id_at_pos'
2015-09-21 11:37:33: ERROR[Main]: 	....\games\extreme_survival\mods\mg_villages/protection.lua:40: in function 'is_protected'
2015-09-21 11:37:33: ERROR[Main]: 	...VER\bin\..\games\extreme_survival\mods\badplayer/api.lua:962: in function <...VER\bin\..\games\extreme_survival\mods\badplayer/api.lua:950>

In thread 5f1c:
/home/stefan/mt-build/build/minetest_64/minetest/src/server.cpp:505: step: A fatal error occurred: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'badplayer' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ....\games\extreme_survival\mods\mg_villages/protection.lua:3: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'pairs'
	....\games\extreme_survival\mods\mg_villages/protection.lua:3: in function 'get_town_id_at_pos'
	....\games\extreme_survival\mods\mg_villages/protection.lua:40: in function 'is_protected'
	...VER\bin\..\games\extreme_survival\mods\badplayer/api.lua:962: in function <...VER\bin\..\games\extreme_survival\mods\badplayer/api.lua:950>
Debug stacks:
2015-09-21 11:37:33: ACTION[Server]: ADMIN leaves game. List of players: 
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 508:
#0  run
(Leftover data: #1  loadBlock)
(Leftover data: #2  loadBlock)
(Leftover data: #3  deSerialize)
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 1224:
#0  run
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 4368:
#0  run
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 5ab0:
#0  run
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 5dd8:
#0  run
#1  AsyncRunStep
#2  DeleteClient
(Leftover data: #3  GetNextBlocks)
(Leftover data: #4  serialize)
(Leftover data: #5  getCraftingResult)
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 5f1c:
#0  main
#1  Dedicated server branch
#2  dedicated_server_loop
#3  step
(Leftover data: #4  SendAccessDenied_Legacy)
HELP!

The server crashes now when I log in. nothing was changed and I use a separate client... is the map glitched?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I am clearing all objects to hope this resolves this....