Where is the selection box for wall mounted nodes?

Zen

Where is the selection box for wall mounted nodes?

by Zen » Post

I’ve been typing in the tables for wall mounted nodes in minetest, but this makes for a rather large text file.
I’m wondering if the wall mounted tables exist, but require a different method of access than the ones I use for fixed nodes.
Attachments
identify.zip
Identifies the node a player is looking at, but not for all node types.
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Last edited by Zen on Sun Sep 13, 2015 02:15, edited 3 times in total.

BobbyBonsaimind
GitHub: RobertZenz
IRC: Robert_Zenz
In-game: Bobby

Re: Where is the selection box for wall mounted nodes?

by BobbyBonsaimind » Post

Zen wrote:I’ve been typing in the tables for wall mounted nodes in minutest, but this makes for a rather large text file.
If possible, write a function to generate it for you. Easier to reuse, easier to change, write once, use everywhere.
Zen wrote:I’m wondering if the wall mounted tables exist, but require a different method of access than the ones I use for fixed nodes.
I'm not sure what you mean, but you can define different nodeboxes for when a node is wallmounted.

Code: Select all

nodebox = {
    type = "wallmounted",
    wall_bottom = { ... },
    wall_side= { ... },
    wall_top = { ... }
}
On another note, your code is very interesting to read, a very unique and clean style. There are quite a few parts that could be simplified as far as I could see with some restructuring, but very nice to read.

Zen

Re: Where is the selection box for wall mounted nodes?

by Zen » Post

BobbyBonsaimind wrote:
Zen wrote:I’m wondering if the wall mounted tables exist, but require a different method of access than the ones I use for fixed nodes.
I'm not sure what you mean, but you can define different nodeboxes for when a node is wallmounted.
I’m not wanting to define them.

I want to dig into the nodes registered in the minetest engine and access their definitions.
By crawling through the mesh node by node my algorithm finds the node highlighted by the user.
And, now that I’ve made some changes to the zip file above, the lamp now lights when looked at.
But the lamp is still a little buggy.

Code: Select all

if not (center == nil) then
		local name = minetest.get_node(center).name
		local selection = minetest.registered_nodes[name].node_box -- .selection_box -- .collision_box -- 
		if not (selection == nil) then
			for key, value in ipairs(selection) do
				message[3] = message[3]..tostring(key)
			end
		end
		message[3] = message[3].." C: "..tostring(minetest.registered_nodes[name].collision_box)
		message[3] = message[3].." N: "..tostring(minetest.registered_nodes[name].node_box)
		message[3] = message[3].." S: "..tostring(minetest.registered_nodes[name].selection_box)
		message[3] = message[3].." T: "..tostring(minetest.registered_nodes[name].selection_box.type)
		message[3] = message[3].." Z: "..tostring(minetest.registered_nodes[name].selection_box.wall_top)
	end
I’ve just discovered, by adding the code above to the file, that Regular and Wallmounted nodes
have hidden selection boxes in them, but there not like Fixed node selections boxes that I can read.
There’s no [1], [2], [3], [4], [5], [6] access.

I don’t know about Leveled nodes yet, I haven’t encountered them.