[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

Dartmouth

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.11] [technic]

by Dartmouth » Post

DoyleChris wrote:So i switched the blast concrete and regular and it works now. C=Concrete B=Blast Concrete S=Stainless Steel W= Water O=Core I=Wire.

Code: Select all

CCCCCCCCC
CBBBBBBBC
CBSSSSSBC
CBSWWWSBC
CBSWOWSBC
CBSWIWSBC
CBSSISSBC
CBBBIBBBC
CCCCICCCC
So you had them the other way around before? That explains it then I guess :)

DoyleChris
In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

Yeah

uind_w

by uind_w » Post

Hello.
I enjoying Technic.
And I want to control Technic Machine with Mesecons.
So, I made some small machines. (topic is here)
When EU supply, this machine outputs Mese Signal.

More, I want to make something "When Mese Signal comes, it works as cable".
But I didn't finish it.
Is there any easy way to make new "Cable"?

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

DoyleChris wrote:So i switched the blast concrete and regular and it works now. C=Concrete B=Blast Concrete S=Stainless Steel W= Water O=Core I=Wire.

CCCCCCCCC
CBBBBBBBC
CBSSSSSBC
CBSWWWSBC
CBSWOWSBC
CBSWIWSBC
CBSSISSBC
CBBBIBBBC
CCCCICCCC
the code says:

-- The standard reactor structure consists of a 9x9x9 cube.  A cross
-- section through the middle:
--
--     CCCC CCCC
--     CBBB BBBC
--     CBSS SSBC
--     CBSWWWSBC
--     CBSW#WSBC
--     CBSW|WSBC
--     CBSS|SSBC
--     CBBB|BBBC
--     CCCC|CCCC
--     C = Concrete, B = Blast-resistant concrete, S = Stainless Steel,
--     W = water node, # = reactor core, | = HV cable
--
-- The man-hole and the HV cable are only in the middle, and the man-hole
-- is optional.
--
-- For the reactor to operate and not melt down, it insists on the inner
-- 7x7x7 portion (from the core out to the blast-resistant concrete)
-- being intact.  Intactness only depends on the number of nodes of the
-- right type in each layer.  The water layer must have water in all but
-- at most one node; the steel and blast-resistant concrete layers must
-- have the right material in all but at most two nodes.  The permitted
-- gaps are meant for the cable and man-hole, but can actually be anywhere
-- and contain anything.  For the reactor to be useful, a cable must
-- connect to the core, but it can go in any direction.
--
-- The outer concrete layer of the standard structure is not required
-- for the reactor to operate.  It is noted here because it used to
-- be mandatory, and for historical reasons (that it predates the
-- implementation of radiation) it needs to continue being adequate
-- shielding of legacy reactors.  If it ever ceases to be adequate
-- shielding for new reactors, legacy ones should be grandfathered.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

I have another question with grinders and furnaces. In the picture below i have the grinders and furnaces side by side both have a controller to feed into tubes and between each other. And for the furnace to send out to chests.
Question is how do i set up a feed tube to the grinders so i can put all my lumps in a chest and have that feed grinders. I know i need a Injector to send to the grinder but how does the grinder know what is grinding and what to add to the queue to grind.
Example I have 2 grinders and 3 sets of lumps (99 Gold grinder 1, 99 Iron grinder 2, 99 Silver). Does the injector just force the silver into the tube and hopes that it gets there, or does the grind pull when the queue is empty.
Attachments
Grinder_Furnace
Grinder_Furnace
Grinder_Furnace.jpg (324.06 KiB) Viewed 822 times

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Post

The injectors just push the items into the tube after being triggered by a mesecons signal. However, the grinder can only have one type of material in the input slot, so you can't insert more materials while a stack of a different item. is still being processed. You'll need sorting tubes to sort materials to different grinders.

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

So i need a grinder for each lump (iron, copper. Gold, silver,.....)

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

ls there a cheaper diode pipe than the sorting one?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:ls there a cheaper diode pipe than the sorting one?
one way tube
but thats a question for pipeworks, not for technic
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Aberts10

by Aberts10 » Post

What do I need to download to get this working on the latest minetest? it doesn't seem to be creating the Machines... Do I have to move all the folders inside the Zip into the main mod folder?

EDIT: I just took Every folder with a lua script out and put it in the Main minetest folder... but I get this error... ive also renamed some of the folders because it said it was invalid name

2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: C:\Users\user\Documents\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\tools\init.lua:
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: ...\Documents\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\tools\init.lua:1: attempt to index global 'technic' (a nil value)
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: ...\Documents\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\tools\init.lua:1: in main chunk
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Users\user\Documents\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\tools\init.lua
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Users\user\Documents\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\tools\init.lua
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: Error from Lua:
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: ...\Documents\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\tools\init.lua:1: attempt to index global 'technic' (a nil value)
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: ...\Documents\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\tools\init.lua:1: in main chunk
2015-09-17 18:56:22: ERROR[main]: Check debug.txt for details.

swordpaint12
In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

by swordpaint12 » Post

What folders did you rename? Are you calling the mod 'technic'(no capitals)? How did you rename the folder?

Also, I have a question of my own. What kind of wires are used for nuclear reactor, etc? I've been using mesecons. I don't know what else to use. What is the inventory name of the wire? Does it come with another mod? I have moreores, mesecons, pipeworks, and digiline working. Is there anything else I need?
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

The technic wires are made from copper. There are LV, MV, and HV variants.

The Nuklier Reactor needs HV wires.

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Post

@Aberts10
You need to extract the Zip folder from GitHub to minetest\mods, which should give you a folder called technic, with a file called modpack.txt and several subfolders in it.

@swordpaint12
technic comes with LV, MV, and HV cables for this. The reactor, being a HV machine, needs HV cables to transfer the power to machines.

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Post

Oh okay I was searching for wires not cables. Thank you! Also, What are the networks and how do I set them?
Yay for MT! No MC here!

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

Each Tier has advantages.

LV items easy to make (cheap) but machines are slow, and cant send things through the tubes.

MV more expansive, needs rare materials but machines more effiecant and you can use tubed with upgraded.

Best start with LV machines then upgrade.

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Post

I know about lv, mv, and hv, but I don't know how to establish a network.
Yay for MT! No MC here!

Desour

by Desour » Post

swordpaint12 wrote:I know about lv, mv, and hv, but I don't know how to establish a network.
you need a switching station

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

You have a solar array connected to a switch then a battery and machines.

Aberts10

by Aberts10 » Post

swordpaint12 wrote:What folders did you rename? Are you calling the mod 'technic'(no capitals)? How did you rename the folder?

Also, I have a question of my own. What kind of wires are used for nuclear reactor, etc? I've been using mesecons. I don't know what else to use. What is the inventory name of the wire? Does it come with another mod? I have moreores, mesecons, pipeworks, and digiline working. Is there anything else I need?
So appearently, there are some items in the game that I found when I searched "technic", but there only a few, no reactors, power systems.... so I'm still having a problem

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Post

@ Aberts10 huh. That's strange.

I put a switching machine under the HV generator but apparently that needs a network too and I'm clueless as to how to set it.
Yay for MT! No MC here!

uind_w

by uind_w » Post

swordpaint12 wrote:I put a switching machine under the HV generator but apparently that needs a network too and I'm clueless as to how to set it.
Put switching machine "ON the cable".
other machine can connect from side,front,back,top,bottom.
But switching machine must connect from bottom.
(So, One switching machine can connect Only one Network)

Example:
[Switch Machine]
[HV Cable][HV generator]

hb.operandi
In-game: Belle

by hb.operandi » Post

My gameplay has been leaning heavily on this mod. Love it.

Made a killer Nuclear Powerplant. I would absolutely suggest building it underground (i.e. the top of the plant is level with the ground) since a big concrete box looks ugly. Plus if it ever (mine hasn't but who knows) melts down, it melts into the earth rather than over whatever structure is built around it. No harm done. (Don't tell the environmentalists I said that!)

Also if you build it close to sea level it gives you an awesome setup for the quarry machine. Simply run an HV cable down through the bottom and have it extend out, this'll provide MORE than enough power to keep several of them running consistently. If you couple this with the Pipeworks mod than you can run teleporting tubes out and you won't have to see the underside again. Just clear out your inventory.

The top of the structure should also have a cable running out. (This can be broken if you need to hop back in and refuel it) How I have mine set up is with two outputs, one HV cable running to an HV battery box (for charging my drill) and then the other to a supply converter which outputs an MV cable that goes to the machines. All of which is nestled in a neat little house above the power plant.

It makes the perfect home base for all of my exploration and mining operations. Especially since it's not dependant on the time of the day.

What I'd like to see?
More HV machines. From what I've gathered HV isn't really necessary unless you're making a quarry or a force-field. The first is taken care of by all this power, and I have no use for the second; so really all of my power needs can be handled by a few solar panels. Doable, sure; exciting? Nah.

Secondly, I know it sounds lame, but lighting would be awesome. Little bulbs that need power to be on, a switch (without a mesecon) that can turn a dark house bright, and could be flipped off to conserve juice.

I know i'm probably late to the game for suggestions, but I like this mod so I'd figure my two cents still have some worth.
cheers
There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties."

my other life
http://hboperandi.blogspot.com/

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

I set up a reactor and some quarry machines in one of mine mines. And they started digging Then all of a sudden started diggig a checker board patteran. I noticed on the minimap that there is a checker pattern by the reactor. I have a anchor block on top of the reactor to keep the machines alive.

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Post

OK--I've done the Google thing, but for some reason, some of the crafting recipes for technic are not working--what am I missing?

Running minetest 4.12 on Fedora 64-bit
technic mod plus dependencies are installed in ~/.minetest/mods
I am trying to make two things--a steel ingot and a grinder
I cannot find a recipe to convert an iron (wrought or cast) ingot into steel
The recipe I found to make a grinder does not work (5 desert stone, 1 diamond, 2 stone, and 1 copper ingot)

Is there an updated page for technic recipes?

DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

I have a question about the admin anchor. If i tell it i want 8 blocks, how many are kept alive. Would it be a 8*8*8, or 8*8 and all the way up and down.