EnvArgsEnd not found!

riff
IRC: riff
In-game: riff

EnvArgsEnd not found!

by riff » Post

Hi when I start up up my server it gives the error

Code: Select all

18:05:25: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerEnvironment::loadMeta(): EnvArgsEnd not found!

In thread 7fa63854f840:
/builddir/build/BUILD/minetest-0.4.11/src/main.cpp:880: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
Debug stacks:
DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7fa63854f840:
#0  int main(int, char**)
(Leftover data: #1  Dedicated server branch)
(Leftover data: #2  void ServerMap::loadMapMeta())
./bin/mteststartupscript: line 13:  5305 Aborted                 (core dumped) minetestserver --world /home/rowan/minetest/worlds/mesocool --port 30000 --logfile /home/rowan/minetest/debug/mt_debug_$(/bin/date +%F).txt
I am using a script to start it up, here it is

tar czf "/home/rowan/minetest/mtest-backup/anarchia-$(/bin/date +%F).tar.gz" /home/rowan/minetest/worlds/anarchia/

tar czf "/home/rowan/minetest/minetest-backup/mesocool-$(/bin/date +%F).tar.gz" /home/rowan/minetest/worlds/mesocool/

if [ -f "/home/rowan/minetest/util/minetest-mapper" ] ; then
	/home/rowan/minetest/util/minetest-mapper -i /home/rowan/minetest/worlds/mesocool/ -o /home/rowan/minetest/mesocoolmap.png
fi

while true; do
	minetestserver --world /home/rowan/minetest/worlds/mesocool --port 30000 \
	--logfile /home/rowan/minetest/debug/mt_debug_$(/bin/date +%F).txt
	sleep 30
done
I used to be registered as nextmissinglink but I kinda want to start fresh.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

Re: EnvArgsEnd not found!

by Krock » Post

I know, this is a forum for bug reports for Minetest but here's a great site to solve the problem.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

riff
IRC: riff
In-game: riff

by riff » Post

Krock wrote:I know, this is a forum for bug reports for Minetest but here's a great site to solve the problem.
really sorry about that, usually I would google it but I used the search forum function and my problem did not come up so I presumed it new, again sorry for the inconvinience, also there is a google for this http://www.fuckinggoogleit.com/
I used to be registered as nextmissinglink but I kinda want to start fresh.

jogag
GitHub: jogag
IRC: jogag
In-game: jogag

by jogag » Post

This error always happens to my sister!!!

I know how to resolve it:
  1. Go in the world path (usually ~/.minetest/worlds/<the name of the world>)
  2. Open the env_meta.txt file with a text editor (create it if does not exist)
  3. Type in the following lines:

game_time = 0
    time_of_day = 0
    EnvArgsEnd
  4. Save it
  5. Reload the world in minetest
It should work after doing this.
Sometimes the player data will also be deleted, and that's a problem if you aren't in creative. So make world backups.

Texan
In-game: Texan

by Texan » Post

When i tried to enter one of my minetest singleplayer worlds it said that the "EnvArgsEnd" could not be found.

I used jogag's solution. I can enter the world, but now the world is empty. I have no 'inventory", and none of my commands go through. Each time I type and enter a command, this error message comes up:

2015-09-11 11:28:05: ERROR[ServerThread]: Got packet command: 50 for peer id 2 but client isn't active yet. Dropping packet

Is there a solution for this also?

BTW: I made a world backup, before I messed with things.
-- Texan :)

Clouds
In-game: Cloud

by Clouds » Post

Easiest solution I have found is just deleting env_meta.txt and the game will just generate a new one for you. This will allow the map to load

jogag
GitHub: jogag
IRC: jogag
In-game: jogag

by jogag » Post

Texan wrote:When i tried to enter one of my minetest singleplayer worlds it said that the "EnvArgsEnd" could not be found.

I used jogag's solution. I can enter the world, but now the world is empty. I have no 'inventory", and none of my commands go through. Each time I type and enter a command, this error message comes up:

2015-09-11 11:28:05: ERROR[ServerThread]: Got packet command: 50 for peer id 2 but client isn't active yet. Dropping packet

Oh no, it also happened to my sister but I forgot to say it.
Make world backups, minetest is still unstable. Should auto-backup be added by default to MT? (= should I post an issue?)

myster
In-game: myster

by myster » Post

Alright, I have successfully restored Texan's map. It is in full working condition. The fix is actually very simple. After Texan gave me a copy of her backup I started to examine it. Some things stood out to me. Mainly, that env_meta.txt was completely empty. I knew the from the errors that something was wrong with this file. I proceeded to create a world with the same exact seed as Texan's world. Upon examining the env_meta.txt in this new map, I saw it had the game time and time of day for that map. I copied the env_meta.txt from this alternate map to the faulty one, replacing the env_meta.txt from the bad map with the env_meta.txt from the good map, and Vualaa!! It opened, but it still was giving error messages. The error messages now pertained to the client. There was no inventory and the coordinates were doing weird things when i tried to move. Also, when I typed commands the i got error messages like the ones Texan described. This situation prompted me to check out some more .txt files, and upon investigation, in the "players" folder there was a file called "singleplayer". This file was absoltely empty as well. I then proceeded to compare this file to the "singleplayer" file of the map with the exact seed. The "singleplayer" file of this alternate map had data describing the position, inventory contents, and much more. So i replaced the "singleplayer" file of the faulty map with the "singleplayer" file of the map with the exact seed. When I went to open it up, It worked completely. Every single function was in complete working order. It was that simple. As it turns out, for some reason, the environment and the player had no identity. What did puzzle me was that these files were empty. How did they get that way? That is the question.
Congrats Texan on your newfound identity. :P
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

Texan
In-game: Texan

by Texan » Post

LOL Thanks myster for your help.
That world is important to me, and I didn't wanna lose it. I'm so glad you fixed it.
-- Texan :)

Hari Mohan
In-game: harimohan

by Hari Mohan » Post

Texan wrote:When i tried to enter one of my minetest singleplayer worlds it said that the "EnvArgsEnd" could not be found.

Yes, i did the same
when i first googled it i saw that one could type anythin in the env-meta.txt file and the world would run but like your case im unable to do anything about the empty world
geeks out there im in trouble pls help

Hari Mohan

by Hari Mohan » Post

myster wrote:Alright, I have successfully restored Texan's map. It is in full working condition. The fix is actually very simple. After Texan gave me a copy of her backup I started to examine it. Some things stood out to me. Mainly, that env_meta.txt was completely empty. I knew the from the errors that something was wrong with this file. I proceeded to create a world with the same exact seed as Texan's world. Upon examining the env_meta.txt in this new map, I saw it had the game time and time of day for that map. I copied the env_meta.txt from this alternate map to the faulty one, replacing the env_meta.txt from the bad map with the env_meta.txt from the good map, and Vualaa!! It opened, but it still was giving error messages. The error messages now pertained to the client. There was no inventory and the coordinates were doing weird things when i tried to move. Also, when I typed commands the i got error messages like the ones Texan described. This situation prompted me to check out some more .txt files, and upon investigation, in the "players" folder there was a file called "singleplayer". This file was absoltely empty as well. I then proceeded to compare this file to the "singleplayer" file of the map with the exact seed. The "singleplayer" file of this alternate map had data describing the position, inventory contents, and much more. So i replaced the "singleplayer" file of the faulty map with the "singleplayer" file of the map with the exact seed. When I went to open it up, It worked completely. Every single function was in complete working order. It was that simple. As it turns out, for some reason, the environment and the player had no identity. What did puzzle me was that these files were empty. How did they get that way? That is the question.
Congrats Texan on your newfound identity. :P

ok so what you said is right but i dont have a backup then what do i do?

Hari Mohan

by Hari Mohan » Post

GUYS !!! MYSTER IS A GENIUS!
ok so all u have to do is go to the .minetest file(im on ubuntu so its .minetest whereas in windows its "minetest" )go to worlds in worlds go to the selected world in the selected world go to the file called players in players go to the desired players and open the txt file
it will be blank
so type or copy-paste this
breath = 11
hp = 20
name = singleplayer
pitch = 7.79
position = (-12.19,145,55.65)
version = 1
yaw = -146.79
PlayerArgsEnd
List main 32
Width 0
Item default:dirt
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
EndInventoryList
List craft 9
Width 3
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
Empty
EndInventoryList
List craftpreview 1
Width 0
Empty
EndInventoryList
List craftresult 1
Width 0
Empty
EndInventoryList
EndInventory

and u got ur world back

P.S : guys there is this line called "name = singleplayer" above
change the singleplayer to whatever u want(ur name that is)

DI3HARD139
GitHub: DI3HARD139
IRC: DI3HARD139
In-game: DI3HARD139 DI3HARD139_

by DI3HARD139 » Post

Easiest solution to both problems is to just delete the files and let them auto regenerate on startup/login.