[0.4.13] Inventory movement using shift

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

Re: [0.4.13] Inventory movement using shift

by Don » Post

I have a machine with an input and an output. There are buttons to create a new node.
I can shift click to the input from inventory. I can shift click from output to inventory but when I shift click input to put the stack back to inventory it goes to output.
How would I make it so input goes to player inventory?

Code: Select all

"list[current_name;input;10.5,6.5;1,1;]"..
		"listring[current_name;input]"..

"list[current_name;output;10.5,8;1,1;]"..
		"listring[current_name;output]"..
		"listring[current_player;main]"..
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

est31
Developer

by est31 » Post

How would I make it so input goes to player inventory?
If you want that "A goes to B", you should specify the first occurence of A directly before (any occurence of) B.

It seems you want a ring like:
output -> player inventory -> input -> player inventory
So that from output, it goes to the player's inventory, from the input it goes there too, and from the player's inventory it goes to the input.
In code that would look like

Code: Select all

"list[current_name;input;10.5,6.5;1,1;]"..
          "list[current_name;output;10.5,8;1,1;]"..

"listring[current_name;output]"..
          "listring[current_player;main]"..
          "listring[current_name;input]"..
          "listring[current_player;main]"

est31
Developer

by est31 » Post

About the groups: haven't yet come around to implement them. It's on my TODO list though, lets hope I don't forget it again :).

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

est31 wrote:About the groups: haven't yet come around to implement them. It's on my TODO list though, lets hope I don't forget it again :).
Not trying to rush you. Just wondering. I am trying to learn how listring works.
Thanks for all you do est31
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

est31 wrote:About the groups: haven't yet come around to implement them. It's on my TODO list though, lets hope I don't forget it again :).
Ah, yes. Being able to move from any arbitrary listring into another arbitrary listring would be very useful, like for furnaces.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Don wrote: Just wondering if anything has been done for groups? I would like to be able to shift click dye and have it go to the dye slot or flora to the flora slot etc.
My chesttols mod has chests with a filter function. If you click on the button named FA (which stands for "filter all"), items from your inventory will be moved into a chest provided the chest contains already at least one of the items. That makes it easier to sort materials in chests.
Don wrote: I would also like to be able to define a certain item to a slot. Eg. a slot that only accepts cobble.
As to "a slot that only accepts cobble" - won't work safely as there's a bug in the implementation. But at least you can come close with the function allow_metadata_inventory_put. It just won't work as expected if you drag something out of such a slot and put it into a full one in your inventory.
A list of my mods can be found here.

YT - Rhianna
IRC: TwilightWolf
In-game: TwilightWolf

Re: [0.4.12-dev] Inventory movement using shift

by YT - Rhianna » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
luizrpgluiz wrote:I hope this function does not have the minetest, I hope one day to test it on Linux and perhaps also in windows
that makes no sense at all; please rephrase.
ThatGraemeGuy wrote:I might just be dumb, but I have NO idea what this is or how to use it. :-/
It's not yet in minetest_game, but it is in this version: https://github.com/Amaz1/minetest_game/tree/listrings

By 0.4.13 or whatever it will be in minetest_game. Just shift+click an item to auto move it (eg: in a chest to move to inventory, vise versa)

How do I install 0.4.13 for Ubuntu? I asked around a couple of people on some servers, but none of them knew.

est31
Developer

by est31 » Post

Install this PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~minetestdevs/+ar ... ntu/stable

Or wait for Ubuntu 16.04 to be installed and install it, it has minetest 0.4.13.