[Server][Game] Extreme Survival

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Extreme Survival Minetest server

by maikerumine » Post

QUick fix: removed the badplayer mod, now there are no sandmonster, spider, and fake players till we resolve.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

maikerumine wrote:QUick fix: removed the badplayer mod, now there are no sandmonster, spider, and fake players till we resolve.
UPDATE

I am testing a new map for debugging purposes.
All current data is backed up and is being debugged.
Sorry for inconvience.

rnd
GitHub: ac-minetest
IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Post

Since you put all those minerals at -10000 it is "slightly" annoying to be killed by monster that spawns right below you while falling in shaft and going back to spawn to repeat the process 10x. Solution would be to disable clip box for monsters or prevent them from spawning inside 1x1 area ( checks for space around monster spawn).

Vertical elevator from travelnet is probably out of question, since this is "extreme" survival :)
1EvCmxbzl5KDu6XAunE1K853Lq6VVOsT

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

rnd wrote:Since you put all those minerals at -10000 it is "slightly" annoying to be killed by monster that spawns right below you while falling in shaft and going back to spawn to repeat the process 10x. Solution would be to disable clip box for monsters or prevent them from spawning inside 1x1 area ( checks for space around monster spawn).

Vertical elevator from travelnet is probably out of question, since this is "extreme" survival :)
Understood, agreed that is sucks, however, there is a method to surviving a fall like that with server lag and footholds. I seldom just drop, I need to see if mob is below, because you are right... it SUCKS to have to repeat a 12 minute drop and then dodge your bones in time to get them.

I just reset server, cleared al objects so there will be NO mobs in your shaft. Happy hunting!

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Try using this options for debug (shows mods performance iirc):

Code: Select all

#    Mod profiler
mod_profiling = true
#    Detailed mod profile data
detailed_profiling = true
#    Profiler data print interval. #0 = disable.
profiler_print_interval = 60
Also, look my PM.

First server performance graphs: https://i.imgur.com/prFPq7a.png

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:Try using this options for debug (shows mods performance iirc):

#    Mod profiler
mod_profiling = true
#    Detailed mod profile data
detailed_profiling = true
#    Profiler data print interval. #0 = disable.
profiler_print_interval = 60
Also, look my PM.

First server performance graphs: https://i.imgur.com/prFPq7a.png
Done! Also added Emerald Axe as per Herny request, added anti no-clip cheat written by rnd, it kills you and you lose everything when cheating, so be careful when digging through protected areas.

I will try to implement the auto restart at every <20000 second uptime later tonight. need to tweak some codes on other mods. Thank you for all your input, Fixer!

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

This option should provide some info somewhere, probably in debug.txt
Also, test new mods on separate local server, and test it a lot before using on official server, don't install mods that are unstable.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:This option should provide some info somewhere, probably in debug.txt
Also, test new mods on separate local server, and test it a lot before using on official server, don't install mods that are unstable.
The conf changes actually glitched out the server, took over an hour to figure it out!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

maikerumine wrote: The server crashes now when I log in. nothing was changed and I use a separate client... is the map glitched?
The log sounds as if you had a problem with the protection part of mg_villages and/or your mg_all_villages.data file. As the server seems to run, you seem to have resolved the problem? I don't read the forum each day and sometimes need a bit time to catch up.
rnd wrote: Since you put all those minerals at -10000 it is "slightly" annoying to be killed by monster that spawns right below you while falling in shaft and going back to spawn to repeat the process 10x. Solution would be to disable clip box for monsters or prevent them from spawning inside 1x1 area ( checks for space around monster spawn).
Hear, hear! And that from rnd - who isn't exactly treating players with velvet gloves. That might be quite a strong hint that the current situation is bad. Quite bad.
rnd wrote: Vertical elevator from travelnet is probably out of question, since this is "extreme" survival :)
One problem might be that the first elevator installed would allow all players to use it and get down quickly without any trouble. On the other hand, falling down continously a long shaft or walking long distances over and over again is not exactly what one might call exciting. To put it mildly. And beeing killed for no other reasons than lag/mobs spawning unexpectedly/not beeing able to killt the mobs due to lag but beeing killed is not good either.

So please add my elevators or another way to get back down in a reliable way. You might make it so that only the player who placed the elevator may use it. There's a function

travelnet.allow_travel = function( player_name, owner_name, network_name, station_name_start, station_name_target )
which can be used for that. That way, we all have to undertake the journey to -15000 once - but only once. And lag doesn't waste time anymore. Furthermore, areas where falling players just pass through don't have to be loaded.
A list of my mods can be found here.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Sokomine wrote:

One problem might be that the first elevator installed would allow all players to use it and get down quickly without any trouble. On the other hand, falling down continously a long shaft or walking long distances over and over again is not exactly what one might call exciting. To put it mildly. And beeing killed for no other reasons than lag/mobs spawning unexpectedly/not beeing able to killt the mobs due to lag but beeing killed is not good either.

So please add my elevators or another way to get back down in a reliable way. You might make it so that only the player who placed the elevator may use it. There's a function

travelnet.allow_travel = function( player_name, owner_name, network_name, station_name_start, station_name_target )
which can be used for that. That way, we all have to undertake the journey to -15000 once - but only once. And lag doesn't waste time anymore. Furthermore, areas where falling players just pass through don't have to be loaded.
Soko- I will jam on this code if in fact only placer is able to use. ;-)

UPDATE: I did make an addendum to the main public mine, a new section located at 0,-750,-140 goes all the way to -14700, this should help more get the special ores with little trouble, however there are some random mines that get in the way during the drop.

Thank you for your input and your mods.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

maikerumine wrote: Soko- I will jam on this code if in fact only placer is able to use. ;-)
Just let the function return false if player_name ~= owner_name. A chat message might not hurt either.
maikerumine wrote: UPDATE: I did make an addendum to the main public mine, a new section located at 0,-750,-140 goes all the way to -14700, this should help more get the special ores with little trouble, however there are some random mines that get in the way during the drop.
Thanks, but those spawning mobs make travel too difficult. I don't even manage to get down inside my own mine - and that's only about 3000 m deep. Rnd showed me his mine; but even there we had to give up due to...mob traffic jamming.
A list of my mods can be found here.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

regarding mines ----

you could play with my little red spire mine from VanessaE's almost basic server. I posted the schematics and some instructions in the "share your WE-files" thread: viewtopic.php?p=150822#p150822
You could extend it downwards by stacking a region containing 4 levels down the y axis. Carefull though as dungeon-masters seem to be attracted by the structure.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

twoelk wrote:regarding mines ----

you could play with my little red spire mine from VanessaE's almost basic server. I posted the schematics and some instructions in the "share your WE-files" thread: viewtopic.php?p=150822#p150822
You could extend it downwards by stacking a region containing 4 levels down the y axis. Carefull though as dungeon-masters seem to be attracted by the structure.
I like what I see! I will look into it for sure.

I tweaked the mob behavior and added a bedrock bottom. Changed crafting to elevator to a more manageable recipe.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

SERVER DOWN FOR MOST OF THE DAY FOR UPDATES BUG FIXES AND MAP SHRINK

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

SERVER IS UP

20150930-- Major update:
Changed ore generation, now the goodies are at: -1000, -3000, -4000, -4300 with a world limit of -6000 meters to save in map file size. (REQUESTING ALL PEOPLE WITH ELEVATORS BELOW -6000 TO PLEASE MOVE BY THIS FRIDAY.)
Added chat2 again.
fixed some grief at spawn and gave a facelift.
Infinium can make very strong armour, it takes damage when you fall, starve, or drown.
RND updated basic_machines- new machines!
Changed mob activity and spawning- toned them down a bit.
Added cblocks by tenplus1, this adds colour to your existing stonebrick and wood.

rnd
GitHub: ac-minetest
IRC: ac_minetest
In-game: rnd

by rnd » Post

another cheater with noclip/fly cheat (note how he travels 1000's of blocks through rock in a matter of minute)
another_cheater.jpg
another_cheater.jpg (444.33 KiB) Viewed 924 times
1EvCmxbzl5KDu6XAunE1K853Lq6VVOsT

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

rnd wrote:another cheater with noclip/fly cheat (note how he travels 1000's of blocks through rock in a matter of minute)
another_cheater.jpg
He changes his ip, he has been banned three times already. Time to revoke privs

asia1444
In-game: asia14

by asia1444 » Post

Has server been updated recently? I heard that Friday you were going to make some changes to make it faster, but i'm unable to log in much to check and didn't see a post here about it.
I'm on mobile so my client isn't the fastest, but now i'm having trouble connecting and crashes within a minute. Is anyone else having this problem? I thought it was all the mods added but if the server has updated that cant be it...

-Asia

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

asia1444 wrote:Has server been updated recently? I heard that Friday you were going to make some changes to make it faster, but i'm unable to log in much to check and didn't see a post here about it.
I'm on mobile so my client isn't the fastest, but now i'm having trouble connecting and crashes within a minute. Is anyone else having this problem? I thought it was all the mods added but if the server has updated that cant be it...

-Asia
Asia!
Firstly, welcome to the forums. :-)

Okay this is what you need to do:
A. Connect your kindle to a computer with USB charging cable.
B. Look into the minetest/freeminer/multicraft folder in your kindle- It will be in a folder named software or apps... Not sure I forget.
C. In the minetest folder look for a folder named cache.
D. Open it and look for folder named temp or media- look inside.
E. When you see the folder with a bunch of files named a bunch of numbers and letters you found it.
D. Select all of these files and delete them, this is what is gunking up your device.
E. Unplug from computer and start the game, it should work now.

Fix number 2:

Uninstall the game from your kindle and reinstall.

I do daily tests with our sons kindle and cell connection to check for comparability and it works.

I will offline server now and troubleshoot for bugs.

I am sorry you are having all these crashes, Asia.

Try to clear the cache folder and test.

asia1444
In-game: asia14

by asia1444 » Post

asia1444 wrote:quote=maikerumine"]
Asia!
Firstly, welcome to the forums. :-)

Okay this is what you need to do:
A. Connect your kindle to a computer with USB charging cable.
B. Look into the minetest/freeminer/multicraft folder in your kindle- It will be in a folder named software or apps... Not sure I forget.
C. In the minetest folder look for a folder named cache.
D. Open it and look for folder named temp or media- look inside.
E. When you see the folder with a bunch of files named a bunch of numbers and letters you found it.
D. Select all of these files and delete them, this is what is gunking up your device.
E. Unplug from computer and start the game, it should work now.

Fix number 2:

Uninstall the game from your kindle and reinstall.

I do daily tests with our sons kindle and cell connection to check for comparability and it works.

I will offline server now and troubleshoot for bugs.

I am sorry you are having all these crashes, Asia.

Try to clear the cache folder and test.
[/quote][/quote]

Thank you!

I'm actually using my ipod for your server because it's faster. I did fix 1 and I didn't find the MineTest file... So i deleted and reinstalled MineTest and it's still crashing. I'll look for the file again on my laptop, I was only able to find photos though.

-Asia

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

DERP DERP DERP
SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE DUE TO ADMIN SCREWUP! LOL
Will be back online after a few things are reset to the way they should be.

derp!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

MAP UPDATE:
CHANGES:
20151009--Changed some things:
Tweaked armour and tools to be a bit tougher.
Changed spawn command, now you must wait till timer is finished before you can use it--this makes things more strategic, use wisely.
removed voting box.
Added Technics --heavily tweaked as a stand alone mod without dependencies of pipeworks and mesecons.---in this mod I removed the griefing tools, err I mean mining tools until they work with protection. There were broken machines that had to be fixed manually, I didn't make notes. oops.
Updated basic_machines, a few times as rnd tweaks it.
removed afk kick, I believe it slowed the server down.
Added world edge mod, now world limit is 2200 in x and z directions. mainly to keep map size down.
Changed the behaviour of mobs, they are more aggressive the deeper you go, so be careful!

ADDED-- some buildings from the Just Test server using world edit.

I hope the server is running smoother now.

Fixer

by Fixer » Post

What is funny on this map is some pieces are missing, like my classic house is absent, while sand beach near it is present o.O

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:What is funny on this map is some pieces are missing, like my classic house is absent, while sand beach near it is present o.O
I need to add the nodes in the colors file. This is a todo. :-)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

UPDATED basic_machines:

-readded accidently deleted recycler recipe
-major mover rewrite: gui update, in inventory mode mover can now move items between inventories of 2 nodes directly (for example from technic grinder into technic alloy furnace). available inventories can be selected from dropdown lists.

-rnd