Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

MinetestForFun HUNGER GAMES

by Minetestforfun » Post

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAImage
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMinetestForFun HUNGER GAMES
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA158.69.114.146, port 30042
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAservers.xorhub.com, port 30042
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(visit http://minetestforfun.com/ if you want to follow the progress of the server)

Hunger Games server hosted by MinetestForFun team. Runs a modified and improved version of the subgame from Splizard.
(You can find here our re-worked version of the hungry_game subgame)

It's our second server, our first server is MinetestForFun (Survival - PvP - Hardcore) [FR/EN].

Address / Port

How to play

To start the game, you can left click a VOTE block, click from your inventory the VOTE button or type /vote to vote to start a game.
Once enough players have voted, the game will start. There is also a 2-minute countdown if at least 2 players have voted.
Collect items found in chests. There are many secret areas too.
Be the last survivor, either by killing all players or by letting them die by themselves.

Rules

All languages are welcome, but try to speak English if you can.
Swearing is allowed, within reasonable limits.

Server specifications

CPU: 6 vCore @ 3,8 GHz (shared with our other servers)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 (shared with our other servers)
Storage: 100GB
Operating system: Debian 7 64-bit

Screenshots
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Some pictures of our fighting map (it's a modified version of the Calinou one)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Last edited by Minetestforfun on Sun Jul 03, 2016 22:27, edited 4 times in total.

Minetestforfun

Re: MinetestForFun HUNGER GAMES

by Minetestforfun » Post

Hi,

The latest updates of the server fix many bugs and we add new 32px textures Commits here

Mapping : The lobby has been improved with itemframes for explain what is worst/best arena weapons. The arena has been a little improved (add labyrinthe and a beach)

We also planned to merge our HUNGER GAMES version with the latest HG+, so we will upgrade the server to 0.4.13 when it will be done ! :)

Have fun on our MinetestForFun servers !

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

it look good :D
Have a nice day! :D

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

@MineYoshi
Thank you for your feedback :)

Update of the server :
- 4 crashfixs,
- Some bugfixs,
- Merged our HUNGER GAMES version with the HG+ version,
- Improved again the lobby
- A new feature is added, its name is skip. Just do "/skip" ingame or in the lobby.
It works in the same way as "register" but it's a reverse feature. So, "/register" register you to the next HG, "/skip" will make you skip the next HG.
(why we added this feature ? Because now our lobby is really interresting, the Races, Simon, Labyrinth, Jumping puzzles, ...etc Make our Lobby very attractive, if you want to compelte all of our minigames, you can do it with the "/skip" command) Don't forget, you can use the "vote", "register", and "skip" feature in your inventory, in the "vote" section, just click the button you want,
- We also improved a little the arrows trajectory.

Have Fun on our "MinetestForFun HUNGER GAMES" server !

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

I ask for somebody to do the announce but apparently nobody of our kind developers want to do it... :p

We are currently on the migration of the server in CANADA, because of many things, but mainly because of the french partriot act and secondly for a more powerful server (+100MB bandwith, +16GB RAM, + 1To HDD, etc...).

We don't want any type of privacy violation for our players or for us.

We can't give you the time at which it will be over, but i have 1To of data to migrate, so it will be long... Sorry !

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Server Up Again !

Well done ! The migration is OVER, the server is now hosted in CANADA.

The new IP Address is now xxx.xx.xx.xxx (same port as before)
If you was using the domain name "xxx.yyy", you will surely wait until tommorow to used it again.

Have fun on our servers ! :)
Last edited by Minetestforfun on Sat Apr 13, 2024 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Nice server. There are many nice things, I like your rebuild of Calinou's world. The world can be a bit overwhelming if there are only a few players around, but it is still fun. :)
The lobby is great and very creatively done, good job.

I like the idea of the “VOTE” blocks. I think something similar to that should be added to Hungry Games Plus (by GunshipPenguin).

Although I am a bit pissed off that the server has not yet merged the listrings (shift+click to instantly move items in inventory) from Hungry Games Plus. It is a very useful feature.

I just noticed that skipped games count towards the total number of “played” games and the win percentage on the ranking list.

Edit: Another minor thing: The red vote notification text that appears in the lobby says that the player should use the vote blocks, but in reality you must punch them. This may be confusing for newbies.

Edit 2: The game does not seem to start when the 2 minute voting countdown went down to 0.

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Thank you for your reports Wuzzy, i opened an issue on our Git repository for fixing this points :)
https://github.com/MinetestForFun/serve ... /issues/75

We will fix as soon as possible the points you tell us.

GunshipPenguin is welcome if he wants to take some of our ideas in his subgame ! Our subgame is mainly based on his HG subgame, so he doesn't need a hard compatibility work to implement our features like the VOTE block.
Last edited by Minetestforfun on Sat Nov 21, 2015 22:45, edited 3 times in total.

Mg
GitHub: LeMagnesium
IRC: ElectronLibre Mg
In-game: Mg

by Mg » Post

I just want to clarify about the list rings : they were added long ago but since Minetest doesn't update any formspec stored in meta data (which is somehow normal since it's designed this way) only a few chests can handle list rings.
Also, I already knew about the countdown bug, but I always had more important tasks to do. However I should be able to investigate about it and fix it now.
(By the way skipped games shouldn't be counted as played games; that's how it was supposed to be designed, but apparently I failed at coding it; that's another task for me too).
Thanks for the reports.
"[...] Manganese and Mercury, Molybdenum, Magnesium [...]"
Mods I shared : metatools, ignore, PvPButton with U_inv support
You can look for more in my GitHub repositories
Tox ID : D878DF75D369C10DC0D3A1A782636EA242AE64FD687EDBADCB679AFACA78910BCEAAECF825E0
Currently developper for MinetestForFun server .

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

The server has been merged, the fixs/improves are applied since this commit => https://github.com/MinetestForFun/serve ... 7c1a81dbc0

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

That was fast!

Thanks for your work and for continuing the legacy of the Hungry Games.

May the Hungry Games go on … :-)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The top 3 list currently has a name which is displayed incorrectly.

On rank 3, there is player _dcr_, but it appears as “?DCR?”.

You might just support all possible player name characters to fix this. It shouldn't be too hard, you only need to support a-z, A-Z, 0-9, underscore and hyphen. All other characters are forbidden in player names.
Proof: Look for “PLAYERNAME_ALLOWED_CHARS” in the Minetest source code.

prof-turbo

by prof-turbo » Post

We know that. It will be merged soon. Follow the Github commits

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Wuzzy wrote:The top 3 list currently has a name which is displayed incorrectly.

On rank 3, there is player _dcr_, but it appears as “?DCR?”.

You might just support all possible player name characters to fix this. It shouldn't be too hard, you only need to support a-z, A-Z, 0-9, underscore and hyphen. All other characters are forbidden in player names.
Proof: Look for “PLAYERNAME_ALLOWED_CHARS” in the Minetest source code.
Already fixed on our Git repository but not yet merged ingame (we add the "-" and the "_" characters support)

Anyway, thank you for your report :)

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Server Updates

At first, i introduce to you our new website :
http://xorhub.com/
(XorHub - our team is evolving in a free gaming platform)

Updates since the last news :
- Add spectator mod, this mod is a fork and introduce many new features, you can now spectate players from our inventory, or by punching the "eye" node of the lobby. Players in the arena can see who is watching him, and players who spectate other arena players can switcheasily between spectated player with an inventory menu.
- Bugfixs, also some crashfixs
- Add the report mod if you want to communicate your ideas/complain to moderators/administrators
- The arena has been improved, you can see new buildings and secrets.
- The black tower of the arena has been improved and the jumping puzzle challenge is now simply to the almost we can do

No more important feature will come in our Hunger games server, it's stable, funny and challenging, we think we reach our goal in this server !

Have fun on our server ! :)

New spectator block, punch it and watch arena players

Top 3 players this month, congratulation to them !

The Black Tower (jumping Puzzle/Traps challenge)

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

Server Upgrade + OS upgrade + Updates Coming Soon

Server Upgrade
All of our servers are now on Minetest 0.4.14 Stable release !
Players with an older client version than 0.4.14-stable are greatly recommended to update their game client version :)
Anyway, players with Minetest client version 0.4.10+ can still connect on our servers

OS Upgrade
We took advantage of this Minetest upgrade, to also do a huge upgrade of our server distribution to the latest Debian Jessie version (currently 8.4)

Updates Coming Soon
We are going to include a new feature to our Hunger Games improved version, we will add 2 more arenas, with the actually arena, it will have 3 arenas.
All players will randomly spawn at each starting game in an Arena. It's funny and a very interresting way to add diversity to our HG server :)
Know an arena won't be enough ! You will need to know every arena !

Also, in the future, we will add some "Arena Vote Blocks" to the lobby. Yes, you will can vote for your favorite arena !

Our community is waiting for you, do not hesitate to join us and visit our website http://xorhub.com
AND Have fun on our servers ! :D

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

I really don't like this server,it glitches, lags,and kills me for no reason(my hunger,and thirst weren't low,and there wasn't a player in sight),and it said a player killed me later on,and I didn't even see a player attacking me! *thumbs down* I like the skyblock one better.
Look at that, a signiture box! To bad I have nothing to put in i-... Wait...

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

@BlueTangs Rock
First time I read this about our HG server, the feedback has been always good since now... it's sad :(

Can you give us more explanations about your problems or maybe can you test locally with our latest repository version and tell us if you can repeat your problems ?

When you die, you can see on the "kill hsitory" or in the "chat" the cause of your death, can you tell us if you see this informations or not ?

TailsTheFoxDoes MT
In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Post

Minetestforfun wrote:@BlueTangs Rock
First time I read this about our HG server, the feedback has been always good since now... it's sad :(

Can you give us more explanations about your problems or maybe can you test locally with our latest repository version and tell us if you can repeat your problems ?

When you die, you can see on the "kill hsitory" or in the "chat" the cause of your death, can you tell us if you see this informations or not ?
IT ROCKS! But idk wtf happened to my account but it won't let me in! :( It's called TailsTheFox. But good game. This is the best server, besides CTF but still! :D
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hey, that's funny. Me, too! I recently logged in, too, played 4 rounds, left, but after that I couldn't join again. :-(
What's going on?

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

Wuzzy wrote:Hey, that's funny. Me, too! I recently logged in, too, played 4 rounds, left, but after that I couldn't join again. :-(
What's going on?
I lost a round, got off to wait for my friend and BAM! I couldn't get back in! :(
Wh- WHAT IS GOING ON?!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

Minetestforfun

by Minetestforfun » Post

@TailsTheFoxeDoes MT
@Wuzzy
We are investigating your issue, i checked first your player file and it's not corrupted, so it's strange...
Please, can you confirm again you can't connect to the server ?

Mg
GitHub: LeMagnesium
IRC: ElectronLibre Mg
In-game: Mg

by Mg » Post

Apparently your files are correct, according to MFF. What kind of message did you receive upon logging in?
Can you try again now and keep us informed? (if you can, on either the server or IRC, or here)
"[...] Manganese and Mercury, Molybdenum, Magnesium [...]"
Mods I shared : metatools, ignore, PvPButton with U_inv support
You can look for more in my GitHub repositories
Tox ID : D878DF75D369C10DC0D3A1A782636EA242AE64FD687EDBADCB679AFACA78910BCEAAECF825E0
Currently developper for MinetestForFun server .

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

Mg wrote:Apparently your files are correct, according to MFF. What kind of message did you receive upon logging in?
Can you try again now and keep us informed? (if you can, on either the server or IRC, or here)
Hm, it works now, weird.
EDIT: Whoops i accidentially went MFF Skyblock, Hunger Games STILL won't work.

Code: Select all

Acess Denied. Invalid Password.
My mods:

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Did you maybe reset all accounts at some point so that when I logged in after that, I actually registered a new account without knowing, but at the same time I entered a different password (because of typo or whatever) at the worst possible moment and from that point on, I was stuck with that new password.

Could you just reset/delete my account (“Wuzzy”) so I can try again? Send me a PM when it is ready.

By the way, Minetest's account system has SERIOUS usability problems and in desperate need of improvement IMO, it is so intransparent to the user and easy to accidentally kill an account by entering the password on the first login (=silent account registration!), and, and, and …