[Server] Xanadu

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: Xanadu Server

by TenPlus1 » Post

The grove dirt should only be on the top layer with 5 dirt below, seems like a mapgen error.

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

Xanthin wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Xanthin wrote:First picture from geo satellite Nihtna-X II
[and so on.]
Wow, slick. Could someone label different points on it? I would try but I don't know my way around very well yet.
Ah, and my intention with the map was to help for that. If I'm correct north is at the top of the map. I attached a small picture with the four colored spawn pathes marked in their color, maybe this helps a bit.
Wow, Thanks!
I can see my house and garden (and the wild carrots that have taken it over :\ ).

CroGamesVP
In-game: CROMBO

by CroGamesVP » Post

TENPLUS1 DO YOU NEED MORE ADMIN?BECAUSE I NEED /CREATIVE/FAST AND /FLY IM GREAT ARCHITECT I WAS BUILD GREAT BUILDINGS ON SERVER AMHI I BUILD WHITE HOUSE,SHOPS,TOWERS,VILLAS AND OTHER I WILL HELP YOU ON XANADU BUT I NEED THAT :)

botch
IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

Playing on 4.10

by botch » Post

I noticed today that all of my stairs were all now stacks of wood. Neon stated same thing. Apparently I'm not going nuts, at least I think not, but is this a new thing? Kelena said she sees the stairs....?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Stairs in Minetest 0.4.13 are .obj files which were used to speed up drawing of stairs from the old nodebox model, last night I switched from the old nodebox to the new .obj which should work in official minetest clients, but if you guys see them as blocks of wood then I may switch back to the old style for compatibility.

Update: Minetest 0.4.13 for Android built by WaywardOne
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=12169&view=unread#p193533

CroGamesVP
In-game: CROMBO

by CroGamesVP » Post

Im sorry for all about but i was think that with minecraftkick will be happenend in Xanadu :( I want say sorry Bonny,TenPlus1 and IceAge.And i I don t know that is Caps are spam i don t know that! :( SORRY! :)

Einszone

by Einszone » Post

Meanwhile, somewhere near the Magicville...
Attachments
screenshot_20151012_112156.png
screenshot_20151012_112156.png (277.73 KiB) Viewed 630 times

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Woah!

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

Great Job, Einszone!

myster
In-game: myster

by myster » Post

That looks awesome! Great job. The fins, in particular, look really neat.
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

jerrythecairn
In-game: jerrythecairn

by jerrythecairn » Post

Is there anywhere we can find out which mods are running, version, location of source code and so on? The reason I ask is that I'd like to learn about creating mods and I need an orange armchair which does not exist at the moment so that seemed like a good entry point to adding to the existing code that Xanadu runs.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

jerrythecairn wrote:Is there anywhere we can find out which mods are running, version, location of source code and so on?
In game type: /mods

https://github.com/tenplus1

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

jerrythecairn, in this topic you can look at the opener (first page) for the installed mods with links, but its not up to date.
At the minetest server list you can hover your mouse over the third column in the Xanadu line to get a list of currently installed mods.
Same if you join the server and type the /mods command in the chat.
If you press F5 ingame for the debug screen and point at a node (maybe the armchair) you get its nodename and top texture name displayed. Than you see, that the armchair belongs to the homedecor mod.
That doesn't tells you if it is original part of this mod (it is :)) and neither the version of the mod.
Also, most mods here are tweaked, modified or created by Ten, a growing list of this versions can be found at his github account.

---------
Einszone, a big amazing! for the air ship! :)

---------
PS: you were fast auouymous, I see: a man - a word, a woman - a dictionary ;)

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

this is Ten's fork of Vanessa's homedecor modpack:
https://github.com/tenplus1/homedecor_modpack

it is much smaller than the original and uses a few different reciepes.
this is ther version that runs on the Xanadu server.

most other mods are also in Ten's github, only the decorative blocks and the improved mob skins are not available.
(but maybe Ten will send you the textures if you ask nicely)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

neozerosv
GitHub: neozerosv
IRC: neozerosv
In-game: neozerosv

by neozerosv » Post

Its me getting crazy or someone added some cobblestone and dirt to one little fountain of mine in the green path? just wondering.

PS: It had protections.

firefox

by firefox » Post

this reminds me on other mysterious cases where single sandstone bricks in Sol Sanctum disappeared.

every time, this happened i found a small leak in my protections.
i usually hide protectors inside walls or other not so visible places.
this sometimes leads to leaks in the grid.
so now i place protectors on the top and bottom and on every side of all walls and objects.
this way i have everything covered, even a small ring around the building.
(this is important, because otherwise, some players build right next to you and cover your artistic work with cobble walls.)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

NaoKat
In-game: RavenFox

by NaoKat » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:
NaoKat wrote:Right now, a moderator named IceAgeComing has kicked me for making a little joke, and now... he removed my perms, isnt listening to anyone, and spamkicking me. Soon after, he is removing everyones perms, and spamkicking everyone. I have no proof of this because when i was trying to take a screenshot of all this, he kicks me as i get on the server. my friend said his perms were removed and he is getting kicked too. Someone REALLY needs to do something about this abusive moderator.
That little joke wasn't so little.
You were asking people if they want BJ!!!! And you did that infront of CHILDREN.
And after we gave you a warning, you didnt show any signs of regret. Instead you called one of us an idiot.
This kind of behaivor is not tolerated on Xanadu. With me there was another 2 moderators who witnessed this and are very disgusted with you and your friend.

Your friend lost your privs in constant arguing to get you unbanned, that ended up insulting us and threatening to contact server owner to get us moderators banned (which is quite funny, since he would have 100% ban you in a second after seeing what you said).

We have screenshots to back us up and we havent done anything wrong.
I never called you an idiot. That was my friend. It was a joke. It was a little joke. I never argued. AND GUESS WHAT? THERE IS NO RULE AGAINST MAKING JOKES, I DIDNT CURSE, OR ANYTHING. You have everything all wrong, you are oversensitive. IT WAS A JOKE. UPDATE THE RULES IF THERE IS A RULE AGAINST THAT KIND OF THING. You gave me NO warning, I SAID SORRY, THEN YOU REMOVED MY PERMS, AND STARTED SPAMKICKING ME AND MY FRIEND. YOU CONTINUED TO KICK MANY OTHERS ON THE SERVER. None of you let me try to say anything when i could speak, you are horrible moderators.

firefox

by firefox » Post

it's not forbidden to tell jokes on the server, but what is so funny about calling moderators idiots?
if i would make a joke and say "you are stupid" i doubt that you would think it's funny.
that is because it's an insult and not a joke.

if bonny calls ice and idiot it is totally different, because they know each other for a long time and do it very often.
if an unknown person calls someone and idiot, it's clearly offending.
arguing about it won't do any good and the more CAPS you use the worse will become.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

firefox wrote:it's not forbidden to tell jokes on the server, but what is so funny about calling moderators idiots?
if i would make a joke and say "you are stupid" i doubt that you would think it's funny.
that is because it's an insult and not a joke.

if bonny calls ice and idiot it is totally different, because they know each other for a long time and do it very often.
if an unknown person calls someone and idiot, it's clearly offending.
arguing about it won't do any good and the more CAPS you use the worse will become.
Im not sure you read my reply. I didn't call anyone an idiot. That was my friend. I had no chance to speak. IceAgeComing said after I made the joke, "you want to get banned?" and i just said "no, what did i do wrong?" then a bunch of people started arguing, I kept asking WHAT DID I DO WRONG?? and then IceAgeComing removed my perms. So I couldnt speak.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

Phiwari123 wrote:A "joke" like that is not tolerated on a server where children use to play on.

You cant be serious? Those screenshots prove I am innocent, I was calling a regular player an idiot, and that isnt against any rule, you put an arrow to where i said it was a joke XD and see? I was completely confused. You can't say something like that isnt tolerated, because its not against any rule to say anything like that. And how was I supposed to know there were kids on? I wasn't. You have nothing saying this server is family friendly, and you have no rules against jokes like that. All this is, is abuse... Even for an owner. You need to add the rules and make it clear if you dont want that kind of thing.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:I stand by IceAgeComing's decision, players with that kind of language will have privs instantly revoked and will be kicked off server, no amount of arguing will give them back.
Your rules do not state anything about sexual jokes. You do state, however... A rule against cursing, which I never did. I loved this server, and I have been playing it for several years, and nothing like this has ever happened. I don't want this server to have an unfair reputation. You need to make the rules clear.

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Post

NaoKat wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:I stand by IceAgeComing's decision, players with that kind of language will have privs instantly revoked and will be kicked off server, no amount of arguing will give them back.
Your rules do not state anything about sexual jokes.
Common sense please, there are kids on that server.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

Dartmouth wrote:
NaoKat wrote:
Your rules do not state anything about sexual jokes.
Common sense please, there are kids on that server.
I wasn't able to know kids are on that server. And there is nothing said, again, nothing about this being a family friendly server. Its not common sense. There is no way of knowing if there were kids on the server, instead of just asking, HEY! ANY KIDS ON THIS SERVER???

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

NaoKat wrote:
Phiwari123 wrote:A "joke" like that is not tolerated on a server where children use to play on.

You cant be serious? Those screenshots prove I am innocent, I was calling a regular player an idiot, and that isnt against any rule, you put an arrow to where i said it was a joke XD and see? I was completely confused. You can't say something like that isnt tolerated, because its not against any rule to say anything like that. And how was I supposed to know there were kids on? I wasn't. You have nothing saying this server is family friendly, and you have no rules against jokes like that. All this is, is abuse... Even for an owner. You need to add the rules and make it clear if you dont want that kind of thing.
That arrow pointing at "it was a joke XD" is not defending you in any way, i put it there because you consider something like that as a joke - but it definitely isn't. When the rules say that dating and swearing is not allowed, then i think it is more than clear that using obscene language is not allowed as well...

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

Phiwari123 wrote:
NaoKat wrote:

That arrow pointing at "it was a joke XD" is not defending you in any way, i put it there because you consider something like that as a joke - but it definitely isn't. When the rules say that dating and swearing is not allowed, then i think it is more than clear that using obscene language is not allowed as well...
How is it not a joke? Do you actually think I would let something like that happen? XD anyways, i didn't swear or try to date. Its an obvious joke, and everyone took it too seriously... Except for the good kids that ignored what I said, or they just dont care.