[Server] Xanadu

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Xanadu Server

by firefox » Post

obviously there are kids in any game that is not "18+". (well, sometimes there are, but that is another story)
also s**ual comments are always not tolerated everywhere on the internet except on "special" websites.

there is a rule that prohibits dating, so why should s**ual comments not be prohibited?
the "no cursing" rule is written like it is, to keep it simple and understandable for everyone.
"cursing" does not only mean using swear words or voodoo curses to hurt someone, it also includes harassment in any way.

i don't see how the screenshots prove your innocence.
they definitely show what you said, and if "she idiot" didn't mean ice, then let me tell you that bonny is also a moderator and you should be happy that she didn't understand your earlier comment.
(otherwise there would have been an immediate reaction)

this server is not like facebook, where you can do whatever you want without consequences.
Xanadu has the most active, neutral and just moderators as well as the probably nicest admins.
each player is given 3 chances/accounts (that is more than you get in football).
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

NaoKat
In-game: RavenFox

by NaoKat » Post

firefox wrote:obviously there are kids in any game that is not "18+". (well, sometimes there are, but that is another story)
also s**ual comments are always not tolerated everywhere on the internet except on "special" websites.

there is a rule that prohibits dating, so why should s**ual comments not be prohibited?
the "no cursing" rule is written like it is, to keep it simple and understandable for everyone.
"cursing" does not only mean using swear words or voodoo curses to hurt someone, it also includes harassment in any way.

i don't see how the screenshots prove your innocence.
they definitely show what you said, and if "she idiot" didn't mean ice, then let me tell you that bonny is also a moderator and you should be happy that she didn't understand your earlier comment.
(otherwise there would have been an immediate reaction)

this server is not like facebook, where you can do whatever you want without consequences.
Xanadu has the most active, neutral and just moderators as well as the probably nicest admins.
each player is given 3 chances/accounts (that is more than you get in football).
I was never given a chance, or a warning, or anything. A small sexual joke is not considered "dating" at all. The rules say no swearing, and I didn't. Swearing is not including harassment, and I was never harassing anyone. I never meant it towards anyone, it was a joke. And your first small paragraph made no sense, so im going to ignore that for now... I never called any admin or moderator, or any authority an idiot. And if this is a "kids" server, then the rules should be clear, examples: No Harassment, No Sexual references, etc. The screenshots prove my innocence because I was completely confused why Ice was going crazy. And Ice said, "you want me to remove your perms?" and i said "wat/" (meaning to put a question mark) and after that, i got my perms removed. And a bit before that, Ice asked, do you want to get banned? and I said no, why? It was obvious I was confused, and I had no chance to understand why I got my perms taken away. And soon after that, I got spamkicked, and it was all Ice spamkicking me. As you could see, I got no warning, or anything.

Kelena
In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Post

All you need is a little bit of common sense, "Is the thing I'm going to say suitable for an E rated game?" "Why would I say that kind of stuff here?" the mods try to keep everything in order, if they see something that is considered offensive they will react for the safety of all the players in the server. Your "joke" is offensive here as well in real life. I don't know why are you making it a big deal when you made a huge mistake.
Love and nodes, Kel~ | | Playing only at Xanadu.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

Kelena wrote:All you need is a little bit of common sense, "Is the thing I'm going to say suitable for an E rated game?" "Why would I say that kind of stuff here?" the mods try to keep everything in order, if they see something that is considered offensive they will react for the safety of all the players in the server. Your "joke" is offensive here as well in real life. I don't know why are you making it a big deal when you made a huge mistake.
Good god... E rated games (which this game has no rating) with chat can have anything if its allowed, what I said was not disallowed, and the joke wasnt offensive, I didnt mean it towards anyone, and Im not making it a big deal. Everyone else is. Im saying its just a joke, get over it, and everyone is like "Its the most horrible thing to say!!!" But its not. Im tired of having to repeat myself every time someone comments that i should be in trouble. xD

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Seeming that nobody will ever mention it, here we go:
This is a family friendly server, wich means that nothing sexual, dating, cursing, swearing, profanity, politics, religion(?), non-child friendly buildings, etc. are allowed.
I believe that the rules say that this is a "Family friendly" server.
Anyways, you should avoid this kind of stuff placing a proper rule book/wall, and updating the rules on the forum topic.
I see why NaoKat is confused.
Whatever, he is guilty, but somehow you are too, please update the rules and place a sign that says "Family friendly server".

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

Dragonop wrote:Seeming that nobody will ever mention it, here we go:
This is a family friendly server, wich means that nothing sexual, dating, cursing, swearing, profanity, politics, religion(?), non-child friendly buildings, etc. are allowed.
I believe that the rules say that this is a "Family friendly" server.
Anyways, you should avoid this kind of stuff placing a proper rule book/wall, and updating the rules on the forum topic.
I see why NaoKat is confused.
Whatever, he is guilty, but somehow you are too, please update the rules and place a sign that says "Family friendly server".
*she* and i am not guilty. There is nothing at all saying this is a family friendly server. Just remember, you cant get someone in trouble, even if they are doing something you think is wrong, but isn't against any rule.

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

NaoKat wrote:
I was never given a chance, or a warning, or anything. A small sexual joke is not considered "dating" at all. The rules say no swearing, and I didn't. Swearing is not including harassment, and I was never harassing anyone. I never meant it towards anyone, it was a joke. And your first small paragraph made no sense, so im going to ignore that for now... I never called any admin or moderator, or any authority an idiot. And if this is a "kids" server, then the rules should be clear, examples: No Harassment, No Sexual references, etc. The screenshots prove my innocence because I was completely confused why Ice was going crazy. And Ice said, "you want me to remove your perms?" and i said "wat/" (meaning to put a question mark) and after that, i got my perms removed. And a bit before that, Ice asked, do you want to get banned? and I said no, why? It was obvious I was confused, and I had no chance to understand why I got my perms taken away. And soon after that, I got spamkicked, and it was all Ice spamkicking me. As you could see, I got no warning, or anything.
First of all,
i didn't kick you even once. Yes, i did take your privs, but it was another moderator bonny doing the kicking.
Just thought you should know, since i don't enjoy being blamed for something that i haven't done.

Second of all, i never saw you apologizing for that little "joke" of yours, just smiley faces after i asked if you want to get banned. So i took it as you are laughing on the rules and you are not taking my warning seriously. So i asked my fellow moderators to vote if they think you deserve privs takens. They thought taking your privs was right thing to do, so i did it.

As for the chanes people get on server.
You can have 3 accounts per ip. You used one of the chanes with getting your RavenFox account limited. So yes you have 2 chances left.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:
NaoKat wrote:
First of all,
i didn't kick you even once. Yes, i did take your privs, but it was another moderator bonny doing the kicking.
Just thought you should know, since i don't enjoy being blamed for something that i haven't done.

Second of all, i never saw you apologizing for that little "joke" of yours, just smiley faces after i asked if you want to get banned. So i took it as you are laughing on the rules and you are not taking my warning seriously. So i asked my fellow moderators to vote if they think you deserve privs takens. They thought taking your privs was right thing to do, so i did it.

As for the chanes people get on server.
You can have 3 accounts per ip. You used one of the chanes with getting your RavenFox account limited. So yes you have 2 chances left.
It has been said several times that i get a warning, I did not get one. And no, i wasnt laughing at u, i was laughing at the thing I said, implying its a joke. I did =3 before you said anything, and i didnt have any idea you were an admin, and when you said "are you serious?" i did xD so I wasnt being at all rude. I never made any face after you asked if I wanted to be banned. I said why do you ask? Told you it was a joke, and then you continued and asked if i wanted my privs taken away, and i was confused, so i said wat? And kept asking why and saying nothing I did is against the rules, and then you took them away. I can't apologize if one, I can't speak, and two, I dont know why I would apologize. And Im sorry I accused you of spamkicking me.

neri2

by neri2 » Post

After reading the thread for the past several pages and skimming ,yes only skimming, the conversation I have to ask myself, WHERE on gods green earth is there any public place for such a thing to be blurted out? Wal Mart? School? Drs? The mall? Maybe I am just a prude, maybe my sons who are themselves teenagers are prudes but they can not think of a public place for such a *joke* either. Btw my 18 year olds reaction was perfect ... looked up from his puter with one eyebrow up and went..uhhhhhhh... then slipped his ear bud back in and shook his head! In seb speak the person who did its nuts hahah.
Crude humor is not acceptable in any public place not even a game. If you doubt this walk to your library, fast food joint, or school and give that a good old yell :) Just make sure your parents are on hand to get you out of juvie or being an adult you have bail money on hand because you will need one or the other.
Think about what you say as it says a great deal about you.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

neri2 wrote:After reading the thread for the past several pages and skimming ,yes only skimming, the conversation I have to ask myself, WHERE on gods green earth is there any public place for such a thing to be blurted out? Wal Mart? School? Drs? The mall? Maybe I am just a prude, maybe my sons who are themselves teenagers are prudes but they can not think of a public place for such a *joke* either. Btw my 18 year olds reaction was perfect ... looked up from his puter with one eyebrow up and went..uhhhhhhh... then slipped his ear bud back in and shook his head! In seb speak the person who did its nuts hahah.
Crude humor is not acceptable in any public place not even a game. If you doubt this walk to your library, fast food joint, or school and give that a good old yell :) Just make sure your parents are on hand to get you out of juvie or being an adult you have bail money on hand because you will need one or the other.
Think about what you say as it says a great deal about you.
lol. That is where you are wrong. Games are fine, I would never say anything like that in real life, in a public place. Its a game, and what people can do, is IGNORE IT. In real life, its a bit different, because someone may be too "high minded" to play any video game. You apparently think im going to go to jail or something... xD Have you ever seen most comedy shows? They have more vulgar humor, and guess what? ITS FOR THE WORLD TO SEE! The only thing I really hate, is people that can't understand if something is a joke or not, and then get crazy over it. They can't let any of this go, they just hang on to it like its a big deal, but its not.

neri2

by neri2 » Post

Then you certainly do not understand society if you actually believe just because no one can see your face makes it right. As for jail, as I said, if you did that at any of the places listed the police would be involved not if you were watching a tv show. I will not even try to explain why society allows even such things as sex on tv as opposed to not, since you did not understand my comment you need to actually spend time thinking on these things for yourself ( a little introspection would do you much good). As for your being crazed about humor there are many types yes, crude among them however there is a time and a place for all things this is neither the time nor the place (meaning a childs sandbox game).

neri2

by neri2 » Post

Oh and as for the hanging on then just let it go my friend.. your not going to be unbanned so your defense of this humor is moot and perhaps your time would be better spent with that introspection I spoke of.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

neri2 wrote:Then you certainly do not understand society if you actually believe just because no one can see your face makes it right. As for jail, as I said, if you did that at any of the places listed the police would be involved not if you were watching a tv show. I will not even try to explain why society allows even such things as sex on tv as opposed to not, since you did not understand my comment you need to actually spend time thinking on these things for yourself ( a little introspection would do you much good). As for your being crazed about humor there are many types yes, crude among them however there is a time and a place for all things this is neither the time nor the place (meaning a childs sandbox game).
I never said if no one can see your face it makes things right. Read what I said again xD And you obviously don't understand what happened. I understood your comment completely. It doesn't matter if it was the wrong time or place. Minetest isnt meant specifically for children. Its for all ages, meaning you can have what you want on it. There was nothing stated, saying I couldn't say what I said, I ALWAYS follow the rules on places I like. There was no rule against what I did, there was nothing wrong with it, the mods just overreacted and decided to make their own rules.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

the great penguin shall bless you neri!
i was thinking hard about "to reply or not to reply, that's the question ..." but you did it very good.

since this forum thread should represent the server, i feel like i must post an interesting screenshot to cover up all this and move the attention to something else.
so here is an interesting one from my collection:

✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

neri2

by neri2 » Post

As you said all ages, meaning an E rating (does this sound familiar to you? As I said I skimmed) along with an E rating goes the lack of profanity, sexual comments, anything inappropriate for anyone under the age of 10. GTA is not an E rated game because it has such elements in it. That does not mean parents of young children do not let them play it, it means the game creators and or server owners can not permit it. With this in mind yes, inserting such things into the game would be considered wrong place, wrong time, wrong game. As for the rules there is no way any public game can state each and every rule as there are always some who will try to worm out or challenge anything they feel they want right or wrong and then no one would get to ever play lol. Its called common sense, in some it is lacking ( introspection) in others it is obvious when dealing with the public in any venue common sense should take the forefront of any decision.
Quick question though, as you have *been playing* this game for ages you do know there is no dating rule what would make you think if no dating is permitted because of children popping in and asking such a question would be a perfectly logical thing to allow? (common sense introspection anyone?)

neri2

by neri2 » Post

firefox wrote:the great penguin shall bless you neri!
i was thinking hard about "to reply or not to reply, that's the question ..." but you did it very good.

since this forum thread should represent the server, i feel like i must post an interesting screenshot to cover up all this and move the attention to something else.
so here is an interesting one from my collection:

THAT is an awesome shot firefox!!! Was ti a gltich????

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

neri2 wrote:Oh and as for the hanging on then just let it go my friend.. your not going to be unbanned so your defense of this humor is moot and perhaps your time would be better spent with that introspection I spoke of.
Hey, I like the server, so im not going to "let it go" im not banned either, i just cant do anything on the server. All im saying is there was nothing wrong with what I did, and many things wrong with the way the mods reacted. Everyone else on was smart enough to ignore it if they thought it was offensive. No one here is trying to understand what really happened. No one is listening to me, and its obvious.

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

I'll hazard to guess that the server doesn't like you anymore though :(
Last edited by Glorfindel on Thu Oct 15, 2015 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

neri2 wrote:As you said all ages, meaning an E rating (does this sound familiar to you? As I said I skimmed) along with an E rating goes the lack of profanity, sexual comments, anything inappropriate for anyone under the age of 10. GTA is not an E rated game because it has such elements in it. That does not mean parents of young children do not let them play it, it means the game creators and or server owners can not permit it. With this in mind yes, inserting such things into the game would be considered wrong place, wrong time, wrong game. As for the rules there is no way any public game can state each and every rule as there are always some who will try to worm out or challenge anything they feel they want right or wrong and then no one would get to ever play lol. Its called common sense, in some it is lacking ( introspection) in others it is obvious when dealing with the public in any venue common sense should take the forefront of any decision.
Quick question though, as you have *been playing* this game for ages you do know there is no dating rule what would make you think if no dating is permitted because of children popping in and asking such a question would be a perfectly logical thing to allow? (common sense introspection anyone?)
You seem to think that a joke, is considered dating... Now that is just offensive... xD anyways, this is an almost unknown game, and does not have a game rating. also, have you noticed, how the ESRB ratings always say "online interactions are not rated by the ESRB?" its because it does not matter what the game is rated, you don't rate people. And you can't rate people.

neri2

by neri2 » Post

That was not the question.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

Glorfindel wrote:I'll hazard to guess that the server doesn't like you anymore :|
Yeah, I have seen cursing, dating, etc. on this server many times before and nothing has been done about it. Yet when I DON'T break the rules, I don't get to play.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

NaoKat, they probably didn't "ignored" it, they didn't undertood it. That is the difference.
I'm listening to you, I think you are 99% wrong.

NOW! Back to topic please, please make any further acotations via PM.

Nice screenshot firefox, to bad the hud is in the way :c

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

neri2 wrote:That was not the question.
Okay, sure, its a logical thing to allow, because dating isn't a joke, and what I said wasnt dating.

neri2

by neri2 » Post

Yeah well it might be a bit int he way but its an awesome benefit so can be forgiven LOL.

NaoKat

by NaoKat » Post

Dragonop wrote:NaoKat, they probably didn't "ignored" it, they didn't undertood it. That is the difference.
I'm listening to you, I think you are 99% wrong.

NOW! Back to topic please, please make any further acotations via PM.

Nice screenshot firefox, to bad the hud is in the way :c
Then you aren't listening to me.