[Mod] Boost cart [boost_cart]

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

Re: [Mod] Boost cart [boost_cart]

by ABJ » Post

Krock, I want to contribute to this mod. I'm planning to add more rail types. How do I make the mod work with the rails?

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

ABJ wrote:Krock, I want to contribute to this mod. I'm planning to add more rail types. How do I make the mod work with the rails?
I do not plan to add more rails to this mod. Create a new mod and add there all your new rails.
To get different types (wide- or narrow-gauge), simply set the group "connect_to_raillike" to 2, 3 or something else.

If you have a rail with multiple acceleration states, use the function

Code: Select all

boost_cart:boost_rail(node position, acceleration)
to push the cart after switching the rail to an "On"-state.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

What is the "node position" and how many nodes per number does the cart accelerate?
And how about brake rails? Do you simply set the "acceleration" value to a minus one?

lightonflux
In-game: lof

by lightonflux » Post

ABJ wrote:That said, what about my second question?
First click at commits at the upper bar:

Then select the commit you want to download/view/browse:

When you are in the browse view and the branch button should look like this:

Then press the download button and you get the content of the repo at that commit.

http://a.pomf.se/eabnya.png

Splizard
GitHub: Splizard
IRC: Splizard
In-game: Splizard

by Splizard » Post

We need upside down rails so we can make rollercoasters!
Games: Builda City, The Hungry Games Mods: Lifters, Snow Biomes and Gates. Also checkout my texture pack Gridtoon!

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Thank you very much lightonflux :)
Only problem? The commits needed for CiaranG's railcarts mod has mysteriously disappeared :'( But that's not your fault tho :)

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

I am making my own version of this. Is it OK if I release? And what else do I have to do?

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

Splizard wrote:We need upside down rails so we can make rollercoasters!
That would require a rotation function for the vertical axis.
ABJ wrote:I am making my own version of this. Is it OK if I release? And what else do I have to do?
You can release it whenever you want but I suggest to change more things. It's nonsense to have +/- the same mod 3 times on this forum.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Yes Krock that is just a small demo of what I'm planning for. And is it OK if I keep the same name? I want this mod to replace the default one and the crafting recipes are also same as I don't want to change.

TODO:
-Fancy gold/silver/glowing rails
-Maybe giving the cart a makeover?
-Changing this mod A LOT.

EDIT: And what do you think of this mod's current progress? Is it looking better or worse?

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Here it is!
Hicarts
It's very different from this mod. Notably in that it has collision detection :)

arifsaha
GitHub: arifsaha

by arifsaha » Post

Unfortunately I consistently experience server crashing whenever I right-click the cart. The log shows this:

May 18 14:34:20 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: 14:34:20: ACTION[ServerThread]: MYUSER right-clicks object 2: LuaEntitySAO at (-14,19,-64)
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: 14:34:21: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: /var/lib/minetest/.minetest/mods/boost_cart/init.lua:47: attempt to index field 'player_attached' (a nil value)
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: 14:34:21: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: 14:34:21: ERROR[main]: #011/var/lib/minetest/.minetest/mods/boost_cart/init.lua:47: in function </var/lib/minetest/.minetest/mods/boost_cart/init.lua:37>
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: In thread 7f7b8d498880:
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: /builddir/build/BUILD/minetest-0.4.9/src/main.cpp:1860: int main(int, char**): Assertion '0' failed.
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: Debug stacks:
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: DEBUG STACK FOR THREAD 7f7b8d498880:
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: #0  int main(int, char**)
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: (Leftover data: #1  Dedicated server branch)
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: (Leftover data: #2  virtual void ServerMap::save(ModifiedState))
May 18 14:34:21 2013lr minetestserver[11467]: (Leftover data: #3  virtual void Database_SQLite3::saveBlock(MapBlock*))
Any thought?

Thanks!

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

Today is an update day!
arifsaha wrote:Unfortunately I consistently experience server crashing whenever I right-click the cart. The log shows this:
<snip>
Fixed.

New detector rails for mesecons, added by numberZero:

uind_w

by uind_w » Post

I read "detector.lua" and find...

minetest.register_craft({
	output = "boost_cart:detectorrail 6",
	recipe = {
		{"default:steel_ingot", "mesecon:mesecon", "default:steel_ingot"},
		{"default:steel_ingot", "group:stick", "default:steel_ingot"},
		{"default:steel_ingot", "mesecon:mesecon", "default:steel_ingot"},
	},
(Line 43-49)
"mesecon:mesecon" is should be "mesecons:mesecon"?

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

uind_w wrote:"mesecon:mesecon" is should be "mesecons:mesecon"?
Thanks for pointing this out. I shouldn't use creative mode to test the new features :)
https://github.com/SmallJoker/boost_cart/commit/ddb6
The recipe will also work when "mesecons_alias" isn't activated.

tomlukeywood
IRC: tomlukeywood
In-game: tomlukeywood

by tomlukeywood » Post

i get the error /home/tom/MinetestGame/bin../mods/carts_mod/init.lua:2: attempt to concatenate a nil value

:(

any ideas?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

tomlukeywood: rename carts_mod directory to just carts.

katsukitty

by katsukitty » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:tomlukeywood: rename carts_mod directory to just carts.
"2015-11-11 18:57:11: ERROR[Main]: ...e/katsu/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/carts/init.lua:16: attempt to concatenate field 'modpath' (a nil value)"

I get the same error when it's named "carts". Possible bug?

Ivà
GitHub: melzua
IRC: melzua
In-game: melzua

by Ivà » Post

katsukitty wrote:"2015-11-11 18:57:11: ERROR[Main]: ...e/katsu/Programs/minetest/bin/../mods/carts/init.lua:16: attempt to concatenate field 'modpath' (a nil value)"

I get the same error when it's named "carts". Possible bug?
It should be boost_cart, as the title says.

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

katsukitty wrote:I get the same error when it's named "carts". Possible bug?
Here's the early XMAS gift for everybody who can't rename mod directories correctly.
I hope this is an understandable error for everybody with this problem.

EDIT: Post #3100

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Nicely done Krock... btw sorry for typing wrong folder name folks.

Alienant1
In-game: alienant1 or alienant2

by Alienant1 » Post

is the power rail/mesecons compatibility now part of the standard download or do I still need to download separately?
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

amadin

by amadin » Post

Can you add stop cart by punching against the moving direction to last commit? I saw it in old commit.

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

Alienant1 wrote:is the power rail/mesecons compatibility now part of the standard download or do I still need to download separately?
Sorry for the late reply. The mesecons compatibility is there with the standard download.
amadin wrote:Can you add stop cart by punching against the moving direction to last commit? I saw it in old commit.
It's already now possible to slow down the cart by punching in the opposite direction. Just move slowly (or press the back/down key) to make it stop.

amadin

by amadin » Post

It's already now possible to slow down the cart by punching in the opposite direction. Just move slowly (or press the back/down key) to make it stop.
If cart drive on power rails only it don't stop by punching in the opposite direction or pressing back key.

Can you add different texture inside and outside cart? I want replace texture with wheels like in minecart.
Can you set contorl by keys (up, down), like in minecraft, or how can i do this by itself?.

Laudrin
IRC: Laudrin
In-game: laudrin

by Laudrin » Post

Thank you Krock, for your awesome addition to the carts mod. It eliminates some of the restrictions. Now I can build a rail network in my world. :-)

I recognized that boost_cart rails have a slightly brighter texture then the original cart mod rails I build before installing your mod. Nothing serious, but is that an intentional choice?

Some suggestions if you should plan to develop more features: It would be great to have the ability to switch railroad junctions i. e. via mesecon singnal or digiline bus or something like that. And signals would be great, when the signal is red, a brake rail would stop the cart (not only decelerate) independent of its speed.