[Server] VanessaE's Survival Server [5.4.0]

CloudyYard
GitHub: CloudyYard
In-game: CloudyYard

i can not bluid!

by CloudyYard » Post

help me! I can not break down or put any block !! and like you're in Survival mode in Minecraft ....

I loved the server just do not know because I can not build anything ...

ThatGraemeGuy
GitHub: thatgraemeguy
IRC: ThatGraemeGuy
In-game: thatgraemeguy

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Survival Server [git]

by ThatGraemeGuy » Post

Read all the signs where you spawned.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

VanessaE is this the server with snowdrift? I am now rewriting that mod so keep your server version of that mod safe.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It used to have snowdrift, but I removed it because people didn't like it.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

pheonixfire
In-game: pheonix

by pheonixfire » Post

Hi Vanessa, I think someone has taken things out of chests and machines
in my Pheonix Tower, would it be possible to check?

Thanks
Pheonixfire

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Where's that located on the server? I don't remember. :)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

pheonixfire

by pheonixfire » Post

The location is -287.3, 18.5, -491.5

Thanks
Pheonixfire

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

I'm afraid there's nothing I can do :-(

I just realized which server this is. Rollback is not currently available, due to an engine deficiency.

pheonixfire

by pheonixfire » Post

bugger, thanks anyway

pheonixfire

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sorry about that :-(

What went missing? One or my admins (or I) can surely replace whatever was taken.

pheonixfire

by pheonixfire » Post

some metals and a mining drill which I've since rebuilt.

thanks
pheonixfire

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

I've heard about fps issues on this server spawn... that I never visited, so I joined to see... it looks awesome... and 16 fps... that is worst spawn and near-spawn fps I've ever seen on 70 nodes view, and it is on Radeon HD 6870 (solid medium-end videocard)!

Also, I've noticed old bug on your server, text perpendicular to the signs :)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Fixerol wrote: I've heard about fps issues on this server spawn... that I never visited, so I joined to see... it looks awesome... and 16 fps... that is worst spawn and near-spawn fps I've ever seen on 70 nodes view, and it is on Radeon HD 6870 (solid medium-end videocard)!
Yes :-/ Now imagine how it looks like with the GPU a Celeron G1610 comes with...

I still believe that there has been too much automatization going on. The server is too busy handling all the technics and pipeworks transports, and the client needs to update all too often.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Fixerol wrote: I've heard about fps issues on this server spawn... that I never visited, so I joined to see... it looks awesome... and 16 fps... that is worst spawn and near-spawn fps I've ever seen on 70 nodes view, and it is on Radeon HD 6870 (solid medium-end videocard)!
Yes :-/ Now imagine how it looks like with the GPU a Celeron G1610 comes with...

I still believe that there has been too much automatization going on. The server is too busy handling all the technics and pipeworks transports, and the client needs to update all too often.
It makes no sense! Because it is preciously server-side workload, it is not on client (client should render it and be done with it), where is RBA with his magic patch? I fear we will get another low-performance MT release and big optimizations postponed for some unknown reasons or because "it is hard".

HugoDrax

by HugoDrax » Post

Hello all!

Sorry, if this is not a good place to ask, but I have a problem with map. I downloaded world from this post to play offline I have dreambuilder_game installed but when I'm turning on the game I have only empty terrain (no buildings, just water, hills and trees, just like a new game).

Can someone help me, please? I tried to start this world as singleplayer and as local server as well. I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

HugoDrax wrote: Sorry, if this is not a good place to ask, but I have a problem with map. I downloaded world from this post to play offline I have dreambuilder_game installed but when I'm turning on the game I have only empty terrain (no buildings, just water, hills and trees, just like a new game).
Can you give us the link you used for download? The map of this server ought to be pretty big...are you sure you downloaded it?
HugoDrax wrote: Can someone help me, please? I tried to start this world as singleplayer and as local server as well. I don't know what I'm doing wrong?
Might be that you're at a place where there are no buildings. Or - if the map was saved using the save to localmap option - you may have to adjust the database. Hard to tell without further information. Please post your game/world.mt file and a listing of the directory of your world.

HugoDrax

by HugoDrax » Post

Hello Sokomine! Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I downloaded right file. It's about 9-10 GB. The link is in first post of this topic. (http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/vanessa ... ld.tar.bz2) in Extra Downloads section.

I unpacked the folder Survival_World to my Minetest's Worlds folder. I have Minetest 0.4.13 version for windows x64 with VanessaE's dreambuilder_game installed. It's a fresh clean install of Minetest. I don't have any other worlds or mods installed. Just dreambuilder_game and Survival_world.

I tried to teleport to some locations listed in mod_travelnet file and there is nothing, just terrain. I tried to fly around and discover some more of the world but with no luck. But when I deleted all of the files of the world and unpacked it again, I get the exactly the same terrain, so it's not generating anything new. The terrain is the same, just without any "human made" stuff.

World.mt file has only two lines:
gameid = dreambuilder
backend = leveldb

In the directory of the world there are 3 folders:
map.db
players
worldmods

and some files:
auth.txt
env_meta.txt
force_loaded.txt
ipban.txt
luaentities
map_meta.txt
mesecon_actionqueue
mod_travelnet.data
teleport_tubes
world.mt
xban.db

Thanks again for reply!

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Strange. It looks about right. Sometimes there's a conflict between the backend = entry in world.mt and what's actually used. But you seem to have leveldb plus a folder map.db - that looks about right.

HugoDrax

by HugoDrax » Post

Ok, now I really don't get it. Finally I found some "buildings". In fact there are only parts of buildings or just walls in places where buildings should be. I have some screenshots:

This is spawnpoint area.

G-mart

Part of building near spawn:

I really don't understand what is wrong here. Can someone please help me to solve this problem? I downloaded the newest backup (26-10-2015) from this topic, and the problem is exactly the same.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

HugoDrax, what mapgen is activated?
Try singlenode as mapgen, some places look like mapgen griefing.

Actually it's quite nice to see the landscape as it was when the server started.
I still got screenshots from the first buildings at spawn. The server has come a long way

HugoDrax

by HugoDrax » Post

Hi twoelk, thanks for reply!
twoelk wrote:Actually it's quite nice to see the landscape as it was when the server started.
I still got screenshots from the first buildings at spawn. The server has come a long way
Yes, it's quite nice but there should be an option to change before/after view for that ;) I'm also impressed by the change of landscape, but in this case I'm more interested in only "after" and it doesn't work.
twoelk wrote:HugoDrax, what mapgen is activated?
Try singlenode as mapgen, some places look like mapgen griefing.
I don't know how to properly change mapgen in existing map. I created new map with singlenode mapgen and I copied map_meta file to this map. This not seem to be a good solution. Now the map looks like this:

Maybe I did something wrong? Maybe you have other ideas?

rubberduck
IRC: rbduck
In-game: rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

something bad happened to the server, it seems someone has griefed here.
in the community reactor the machines are missing. (he place there is an "open" area inside this closed area and i was able to place remove blocks exactly there where the machines have been)

Also at my home (position -76 17. 5 397.2 there is missing some stuff, i have a wall made of framed glass, there is missing some stuff too, also inside the big wooden area i had some machines, they are gone now. there are only some locked chests from me.
My game (not minetest): http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6800

my mods: gold_and_gem, meseconductors

a penguin throws an apple through a window

sometimes i change my "forum location" via user control panel

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Sadly the grief that happened at the community reactor is too old for the rollback log (I only turned rollback recording back on a few days ago). Same goes for your house, I'm afraid. There's nothing much I can do about it except clean up and make some basic repairs. :-(

I've also set the ownership of the area to you (it was unprotected before).

HugoDrax: I don't know why the downloaded map isn't working for you. Works for me.

rubberduck
IRC: rbduck
In-game: rubberduck

by rubberduck » Post

thank you, i forgot to protect this.

i also have a wish for an other area i would like to have protected (i think it is too big to do it myself)

you need to go to my home use the travelnet (use station road), then you will find a building (very early at this stage)
i have marked the edges with pumpkins with face, with a torch on it
My game (not minetest): http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6800

my mods: gold_and_gem, meseconductors

a penguin throws an apple through a window

sometimes i change my "forum location" via user control panel

VanessaE

Re: [Server] VanessaE's Survival Server [0.4.13]

by VanessaE » Post

The map on this server has been reset. It has become too laggy and unwieldy due to engine issues and partly user abuse. Furthermore, there are tons of buildings that are unfinished, or barely even a foundation, or which have been griefed but with no owners around to coordinate with to get them fixed up.

While resetting the map, I have disabled the pipeworks mod and most of technic. They're too ripe for abuse in a multiplayer environment. :-(

The old map has been moved into persistent backup, and cheapie and I have copies of it on our PCs, so we can port structures over to the new map if necessary. I've already copied a reasonable number of the most interesting or iconic structures, all of which have some kind of protection in place (a few owned by me until owners can be located)

If you all need help locating yours, this overview map of the old world should be useful:

http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/vanessa ... -12-15.png

It's a BIG image (about 12000x12000 px, 90 MB), so just download the image, and use something like gThumb or The GIMP to view it. When requesting a move, please estimate the coordinates (using the scales on the edges of the image), and give your in-game username.