Geocentric world
Season

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by Sokomine » Post

phsycoslasher2000 wrote: ive got an idea for a mod. all the flags ever created! including up to the nazi flag and the russian sickle and hammer flag
There is a flag(s?) mod out there that adds a lot of flags. Not all, but plenty. It's even installed on some servers. As to the nazi flag - that would be problematic for German players as it's illegal here to use it except for documentary purposes. While that law may be stupid, it wouldn't be particulary...bright...to use such a flag. It really does not stand for something good.
swordpaint12 wrote: There is a paint roller mod I had at one point but I never figured out how to launch a world with it. Maybe create a variant of that which uses dyes and water to create paint. Or figure out how to take the stain function out of mydeck.
My colormachine also comes with a paint roller (which relies on the colormachine to work).
A list of my mods can be found here.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Sokomine wrote:
phsycoslasher2000 wrote: ive got an idea for a mod. all the flags ever created! including up to the nazi flag and the russian sickle and hammer flag
There is a flag(s?) mod out there that adds a lot of flags. Not all, but plenty. It's even installed on some servers. As to the nazi flag - that would be problematic for German players as it's illegal here to use it except for documentary purposes. While that law may be stupid, it wouldn't be particulary...bright...to use such a flag. It really does not stand for something good.
How about adding the points, then it's a symbol of luck.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

swordpaint12
In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

by swordpaint12 » Post

swordpaint12 wrote: There is a paint roller mod I had at one point but I never figured out how to launch a world with it. Maybe create a variant of that which uses dyes and water to create paint. Or figure out how to take the stain function out of mydeck.
My colormachine also comes with a paint roller (which relies on the colormachine to work).[/quote]
I've tried using your colormachine mod but it's really confusing. Is the roller able to paint any given block or just dyeable things? And how am I supposed to use unifieddyes with it? The window is cramped sometimes images are run over. It's really hard to make sense of.
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

saxyguy

by saxyguy » Post

I'm not sure if it already exists but a mod that creates a node that imitates a punch would be great

TheEpicJames
IRC: TheEpicJames
In-game: Block_Guy
Location: Some grassy area next to a forest, a river and a desert.

by TheEpicJames » Post

A LESS LAG MOD LOL
I'm honestly not sure why I had "I like PIE." in my signature when I don't even really like it that much.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

TheEpicJames wrote:A LESS LAG MOD LOL
l'm still not sure if it works, it should simulate a scheduler:
https://github.com/HybridDog/function_delayer
https://github.com/HybridDog/function_delayer/issues/1

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

saxyguy wrote:I'm not sure if it already exists but a mod that creates a node that imitates a punch would be great
the mod exists: simple_robots
the owner removed it, so the original version isn't available, but you can get the mod there:
https://github.com/HybridDog/simple_robots

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

saxyguy

by saxyguy » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote: the mod exists: simple_robots
the owner removed it, so the original version isn't available, but you can get the mod there:
https://github.com/HybridDog/simple_robots
Just what I was looking for, thank you :)

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Post

All the mods to make an epic world.

First up, a mobs mod. Mobs Redo and attachments are great, but there needs to be more horsie colors. Also, cats and dogs need better skins and the cat needs a small and large wild counterpart. Easily tamed, too! And the ability to turn off violence, but still with the "violent" mobs. Like, ambient = true...

Second, the ultimate farming mod. Tons of crops. All the crops from Farming Plus, docfarming, jkfarming, and Crops, with Crop's watering model.

Next, Mediaeval mod... combines the great features from Castles ++, darkage, Rater'sMods, cottages, and a few things from grailtest and Adventuretest.:)

The trees mod from realtest, except with lots more types!

Npc mod that has LOTS of female and male skins. They would take up residence in spawned homes.

A weather mod with seasons and NO particles! Rain, ash, hail, snow, freezing rain... The screen would be "stained" with images to simulate each one. Preferably optical illusions to make it appear to be moving.

A story mod, with quests to follow. It never ends, because players are always writing more to go in it!

And, finally.... (drumroll please)... a good city, town, village, castle, etc spawning mod. Something that the NPCs would populate. And that would help with the quests!

I know, a bit unrealistic, but this is what I look for to make an awesome world... :)
Yay for MT! No MC here!

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

Soudon
In-game: Soudon

by Soudon » Post

moved to questions
Last edited by Soudon on Wed Oct 28, 2015 18:08, edited 2 times in total.

swordpaint12

by swordpaint12 » Post

I may be mistaken, but I think that belongs in the modding questions, not the mod requests.
Yay for MT! No MC here!

Soudon
In-game: Soudon

by Soudon » Post

Crap thought I was in questions.

Sorry Ill move over there

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

swordpaint: have you tried farming redo ? it has the majority of those crops inc. grapes, plus crops will still grow when you are far away from your farm area.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9019

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

I have a number of requests for enhancing Technic, either directly or with a modpack. Once I have a bit more time, I might try to make a few of these myself.

Mostly, I would lIke a way to isolate parts of a power network to provide more control over the distribution of energy. There's a few different ways to do this.

First, I would like a mesecon-operated cable for each voltage that can be switched on or off, allowing me to disable part of the network without needing to actually break the cable.

Next: Adjustable power distributor. I want something like the supply converter, except that it does not change the voltage. It should let you pick exactly how much power you want to transfer. Basically a machine that consumes x power from one direction, produces x power in the other direction, and needs to have a switching station on both sides.

Having cables that can be dyed different colors and will only connect to matching cables would be helpful.

While it's not really part of the same thread, a machine that can detect radiation levels would be nice.

Additionally, a few new machine upgrades in addition to the battery and logic circuit: one that increases the rate at which the machine operates (at the cost of higher energy consumption), one that makes the machine more efficent and lowers the energy consumption, and one that lets you temporarily deactivate a machine (either manually or with mesecons) without needing to actually unplug it.

And some new machines: conduit layer
Like a quarry, but only digs a 1x1 hole of a specified distance either straight down or straight forwards. If given cables as input, it will place a length of cable through the hole it just dug.

Ground penetrating radar: similar to the prospector, but much more powerful. Will scan the ground directly underneath it in a specified region, and tells the user how much of each ore or mineral is present. This is a powered machine, not a handheld one.

Power tools: power tap
A rechargeable version of the rubber tap used to extract latex. At the very least, I want a more durable one.

Dartmouth

by Dartmouth » Post

AceWill wrote:Power tools: power tap
A rechargeable version of the rubber tap used to extract latex. At the very least, I want a more durable one.
Just chop down the rubber trees (including the logs up in the trees) and wait for leafdecay to drop dozens of saplings, then replant those and use a grinder and extractor to grind and then extract the latex from the wood that you cut. A bit more work I guess, but in the long run you'll produce a lot more product.

Evilizard

by Evilizard » Post

I've been looking for an Electric oven... just a furnace powered by mesecons? no need for fuel, as long as it's powered.

I am new with modding and working on one.. however if one already exists I'd appreciate to get it since it may be used by the masses on the servers.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

Evilizard wrote:I've been looking for an Electric oven... just a furnace powered by mesecons? no need for fuel, as long as it's powered.

I am new with modding and working on one.. however if one already exists I'd appreciate to get it since it may be used by the masses on the servers.
There is an electric oven in the technic mod but it is not an easy mod to set up an electrical network. It not too difficult but it isn't intuitive. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?t=2538 and it will need other mods because it uses parts of them. Other than that, there is another mod that is smaller and lightweight that also has electric furnaces but it hasn't been updated in a while so I don't know if it still works or not. It is called Industrial Test and is here: viewtopic.php?id=5744 and it is a LOT smaller than technic.

Evilizard

by Evilizard » Post

LionsDen wrote: There is an electric oven in the technic mod but it is not an easy mod to set up an electrical network. It not too difficult but it isn't intuitive. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?t=2538 and it will need other mods because it uses parts of them. Other than that, there is another mod that is smaller and lightweight that also has electric furnaces but it hasn't been updated in a while so I don't know if it still works or not. It is called Industrial Test and is here: viewtopic.php?id=5744 and it is a LOT smaller than technic.
I'll have a look at the technic mod and play with it for a while, thanks a lot. After looking a bit into the mods I've seen I think I undertook something quite complicated for a first project! :-)

kidmondo
IRC: kidmondo
In-game: kidmondo

by kidmondo » Post

Sokomine wrote:

In some other games I play instead of having the swastika they just have a cross or the Iron Cross shape. But having a mod with swastikas isn't the best idea... I fully agree on that.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

A mod, that rather than enchanting, uses things like anvils, 3D printers, replicators, grinders, and Mese to improve tools and make items.

ozkur
In-game: ozkur or XoRoUZ

by ozkur » Post

bikes.
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

I am a native English speaker, Ich spreche kein Deuscht, mais je parle un pue français.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

godzilla

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮