by Merurino » Post

Thanks a lot again Firefox, you've been extremely helpful. =-D

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

Re: Xanadu Server

by Xanthin » Post

A map from the latest hotspot, cornacopia, pretty showing what the current ethereal mod and minetest mapgen can do. :)

full size in attachment

And two pics from the travel:
the glacier in the top left corner of the map, nicely modelled

the centre of cornacopia, give the bamboo some love :)

Adventurers at the trails and the taverns whisper about treasures burried and hidden in this land.
Attachments
1k x 1k around cornacopia, centered at the arrival spot
1k x 1k around cornacopia, centered at the arrival spot
cornacopia_map.png (440.91 KiB) Viewed 1285 times

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

OMG the overhead map looks amazing, much biomes, such detail :P

tulenitata
In-game: ulmo

by tulenitata » Post

Hello I play on server Xanadu
I would like to get map
excuse the bad English Thanks
It is my subgame viewtopic.php?f=50&t=13986

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

Texan's road is so far already?! I need to extend the Ninja Road ...
Guess i will go left over the ocean and into the Glacier.
Last edited by firefox on Thu Nov 19, 2015 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

Amazing Xan. Many of you may know of my ice staircase in Magic-ville; but it's on hold... I accidentally placed some torches near ice, and due to melting it caused a near disaster, which neri tried to fix and thanks to noob101 and neri working diligently we managed to get under control.

I put protection all around the basin I made to prevent the waterfall I created. I will dedicate it to neri's disaster in the making.

jk neri, I might remove it but it looked amazing as it happened, I don't blame you, I didn't know torches one block removed would still melt ice!

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Hey thanks guys for posting such great pictures and the map. Cornacopia even shows my own lil' shop both in the pic and on the map!
minetestjosh, you also managed to get me in one picture! Well, the whole thing might have been one huge mess, but it was both an interesting experience and still great looking!
As a side note you might prefer to use the F12 for screenshots over a whole-screen shot like you posted? Just saying.

@Merurino: I protected the empty space between our lots at Cornacopia. If you need it you'll get it, I only wanted to prevent a squatter squeezing into that tight spot ;-)

Have fun, noob101

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

noob101, I think you're on to something with regards to my screenshots, let's be happy I didn't reveal any gross info in my full screen shots including my task bar.

Hopefully the half stack of diamonds forgives me. ;P

noob101

by noob101 » Post

/me whistles innocently...
You got it... And yes, thanks a ton! You really did like you said in that respect... Just be sure to gimme a shout when you need a hand, we're far from even now, you tipped the scales far over to the other side!!! ;-)
On the other hand I still have to ask those diamonds if they do xD, because I can find nothing I have to forgive you.

Now have fun, noob101

EDIT I just saw your post count. Welcome to the forums!

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

Xanthin wrote:A map from the latest hotspot, cornacopia, pretty showing what the current ethereal mod and minetest mapgen can do. :)

Adventurers at the trails and the taverns whisper about treasures burried and hidden in this land.
Lol, you will have to update that image as soon as I get my shop looking better than a hole in the ground ;)

Leafsoul
In-game: Leafsoul

by Leafsoul » Post

What is the ip and port

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

Leafsoul wrote:What is the ip and port
Ip 98.166.90.48 port 3000
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

noob101 wrote:/me whistles innocently...
You got it... And yes, thanks a ton! You really did like you said in that respect... Just be sure to gimme a shout when you need a hand, we're far from even now, you tipped the scales far over to the other side!!! ;-)
On the other hand I still have to ask those diamonds if they do xD, because I can find nothing I have to forgive you.

Now have fun, noob101

EDIT I just saw your post count. Welcome to the forums!
I like 'hiring' people on Xanadu, I paid yang to harvest my redwood which I use for charcoal, for instance (time is money, I cooked cobble while he did it, technically I could have had him stand my by furnaces while I harvested, but I afk'd), and he also helped build the rail to the healing tree biome (I provided all tools and supplies of course). (Fireboy, that's my secret for building that rail in a day, lol.)

Even though you volunteered I felt like paying. Look at the times in the screenshot (hey, my not making internal screenshots was useful!), it took a good 45 minutes to get that disaster under control. You earned every diamond (can average about a diamond a min in a good cavern; mese far more, have almost two stacks of mese blocks). If neri wasn't on or you didn't help it would've taken me at least an hour or two to fix it. So it was well worth it, I promise. You don't owe me a thing. I really messed up.

On another note, I'm wanting an architect and will pay them handsomely, even if they only give me ideas, etc. I'm really bad at making pretty buildings. Thinking of getting Fireboy, he makes amazing stuff, but we aren't always on at the same time. Maybe neozero (haven't seen your stuff noob101, but if you can build I'm game). I really enjoy mining, maybe more than anyone, it's just fun, so I can pay people to help me learn how to build and whatnot. Making beautiful structures like Heaven Island is something I want to learn to do. Amazing places on Xanadu (Sky City is another that blows my mind).

noob101

by noob101 » Post

minetestjosh wrote:On another note, I'm wanting an architect and will pay them handsomely, even if they only give me ideas, etc. I'm really bad at making pretty buildings. Thinking of getting Fireboy, he makes amazing stuff, but we aren't always on at the same time. Maybe neozero (haven't seen your stuff noob101, but if you can build I'm game). I really enjoy mining, maybe more than anyone, it's just fun, so I can pay people to help me learn how to build and whatnot. Making beautiful structures like Heaven Island is something I want to learn to do. Amazing places on Xanadu (Sky City is another that blows my mind).
Oh, I may have a few more or less nice looking buildings, but most are not on this server. If you want to, talk to me in-game and we'll meet on my first server, where I can show you around. But consider an hour, it's a LOT! Like I said, not all will win in building competitions, but every once in a while I hit the mark too!

On this server I'm still more of getting started than really getting on with pretty building. But that will change soon, resources are stacking up, and so I can concentrate on other things.
But then I'd like to go really big and that at a central spot, anywhere close to Paths' starts or near a portal. But we'll see.

For now, go on, have fun, noob101

tulenitata
In-game: ulmo

by tulenitata » Post

cemetery
Attachments
screenshot_641476749.png
screenshot_641476749.png (119.81 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
screenshot_641468897.png
screenshot_641468897.png (432.9 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
screenshot_641456734.png
screenshot_641456734.png (246.16 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
excuse the bad English Thanks
It is my subgame viewtopic.php?f=50&t=13986

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

minetestjosh wrote:On another note, I'm wanting an architect ...
I will help you out. =(^.^)=
But I'm not good with modern structures or real houses.
I only build antique magic and fantasy stuff.
Example Builds are:
Sol Sanctum (near Louieville, Stone Stargate at blue path)
Shrine of the Sea God (Noob Area, main street, turn right at iska's watchtower)
Gaia Tower, unfinished (yellow path)
Underworld Library (for now it's only a wall, the rest is still in my mind ...)

I like to build with pillars and arcs.
My special Architect skill is "Magic Seal".
(I can build magic circles.)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

On another note, I'm wanting an architect and will pay them handsomely, even if they only give me ideas, etc.
I can give you a hand. I specialize in modern / Sci-Fi buildings (which can be a challenge, since the Owner(s) have intentionally moved away from providing nodes towards that). Example Builds:

Millenium Falcon (1116,572,-389)
Space Station (100,150,100) with attendant starship (bonus points to those who can identify it)
Midville (Teleporter in Spawn) - Admittedly, that was created with the intention of sticking to a map I built it from

IceAgeComing, Bonny, and Phiwari do outstanding 16th century European buildings. If you ask them nicely, they might help.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Josh: I can help with dirt buildings, am good with the brown stuff :)

Texan
In-game: Texan

by Texan » Post

I noticed that others were posting about Christmas.
I say,
"Christmas... already?!"
Well, here is my Christmas post. Here is my Christmas Tree at Cornucopia.

And the shared chests underneath are to be claimed [just put a book in my mailbox with your name and the name/names of the person/persons you would like to give a gift to]. All mods and the administrators are invited to set a mailbox. Contact me before Christmas Eve. :)

Then here is a little something anonymously added to my mailbox. Thank You so much for that! :)

Merry Christmas!
-- Texan :)

Merurino
In-game: Mer

by Merurino » Post

I have a question regarding the lucky block!

Today I've found one near Cornacopia, hidden in the dirt. Well, I was really happy about it since its my first time finding one. But when I mined it, water started pouring out of the place and I was stuck inside obisidian glass. If wasn't for the /spawn command I would have died.

Can bad luck come from the lucky block too? Or did I do something wrong?

LoveAndMercy
In-game: LoveAndMercy

by LoveAndMercy » Post

Hey guys Minty was online and she was cursing quite frequently despite us telling her to stop. Nobody who could ban her was online so I just took screenshots
minty cursing.png
minty cursing.png (477.46 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
minty cursing 2.png
minty cursing 2.png (466.88 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
P.S. I have no idea if the pictures will show I have never posted anything on forum before :/

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

Meruino, you did everything right: travelling, exploring, finding. You just had bad luck. Here is the lb mod's page, you could have been even hit by a lightning or attacked by monsters. I wish you more good luck with the next. :)
Glorfindel wrote:
Xanthin wrote:image
Lol, you will have to update that image as soon as I get my shop looking better than a hole in the ground ;)
Will be a pleasure. :D

LoveAndMercy, thank you. It will be dealt (if not already done). That was quite inappropriate and clearly against the rules.

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

You guys are so awesome, firefox, I love Sol Sanctum, and love the work you do. Neon, your stuff is literally mind blowing (when I said Sky City blew my mind it was the Millenium Falcon that most impressed me though the architecture there in general is incredible).

But I am online usually when Bonny and Phi are making whatever awesome stuff they're working on (they talk in main and talk about their stuff, can't wait until they get a TP portal to their works). So I hit up phi and hopefully he helps. I promised a stack of diamonds for a nice looking structure I can copy, but if phi wants I can go higher than that, also supplies if need be. The idea is to build these symmetrical structure between my crystal biomes which I can place item frames in which will host all items on the server (that can be put in item frames). I have a sick feeling everything needs to be rotated 90 degrees for it to work best, though. Darnit, didn't think ahead.

Anyway, thanks so much for the offers, especially Neon since I've never met you on server, and you do some amazing stuff. Congrats on excellent work.

(didn't forget you noob101! I saw you on but you seemed busy earlier and I didn't want to bug you! since you're just getting established I didn't think to commit you to something! even if you want my diamond stacks ;P )

Also, tenplus1, lol, dirt structures. rofl

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

minetestjosh wrote: ...

Also, tenplus1, lol, dirt structures. rofl

A cobble and dirt castle I once built on Meowtest - I really sort of like them green window sills and don't you think the textures of cobble and dirt go well together?

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

That looks surprisingly good, I will build more structures with dirt now on.