[Modpack] WorldEdit [worldedit]

OldCoder

Re: [Mod] WorldEdit [1.0] [worldedit] {GitHub}

by OldCoder » Post

Serh Arien, hello. Here is one possible approach to the procedure.

Note: If you respond, you don't need to quote the entire message. Too many quotes of large posts make threads difficult to read.

1. This approach won't work correctly if you have unknown blocks. Fix any unknown blocks.

2. Stop your world. Make a backup copy of the map file. Restart your world.

Note: WorldEdit has no "undo" command. You will probably destroy things in your experiments. However, if you have a backup copy of the map file, you can copy it back and try again. If you do copy it back, remember to stop your world first.

3. Find the key that displays Yaw. For a desktop MT client, it is usually function key F5. Press the key so that Yaw is displayed.

4. Turn until Yaw is zero or close to it. You are now facing North.

5. Turn on fly and noclip privileges for yourself.

6. Imagine a giant cube around the place that you wish to move. Fly down to the lower-left corner of the cube. This can be underground if necessary. Type: //1 (with two slashes)

7. Fly up to the upper-right corner of the cube. Type: //2 (with two slashes)

8. Type: //mtschemcreate baconite

This will save the cube using the name "baconite".

9. Fly to somewhere where you'd like to place the cube.

10. Type //1 there

11. Type //2 there

Note: I think that //2 is not needed at this point, but this may help to prevent certain types of accidents.

12. Type: //mtschemplace baconite

This should copy the cube to the new place.

There may be problems with lighting. If so, additional steps may be needed. However, try this procedure and see how it goes.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Or use my handle_schematics mod. With that, you'd have to place a chest in front of whatever you want to save and one on the top of the backside. After filling out the formspec, the building will be saved as an .mts file and can be placed elsewhere. With that approach, it's no longer necessary to take care of facing into the right direction.
A list of my mods can be found here.

OldCoder

by OldCoder » Post

Sokomine wrote: "Or use my handle_schematics mod."

The mod is a significant step forward. But it's still experimental, correct?

The procedure that I listed is complicated, but it should work reliably in most cases, aside from problems related to unknown blocks and lighting. The new Sokomod (or mods) are the next-generation approach. I have CLI tools that are useful, too, but they are not ready for release.

All of this is evolving, and this is part of the fun.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

OldCoder wrote: The mod is a significant step forward. But it's still experimental, correct?
In a way, yes. Rotation is still an issue and might not work correctly in all situations (upside-down stairs in RealTest and such). The interface might also need improvement.
OldCoder wrote: The procedure that I listed is complicated, but it should work reliably in most cases, aside from problems related to unknown blocks and lighting. The new Sokomod (or mods) are the next-generation approach. I have CLI tools that are useful, too, but they are not ready for release.
Hope you'll release that as well once it got ready. Maybe someone with Youtube experience can make a video of the diffrent approaches. That might be easiest for showing how saving and restoring a structure can be done.
OldCoder wrote: All of this is evolving, and this is part of the fun.
Yes :-) It's nice to see how it all develops.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Serh Arien

by Serh Arien » Post

OldCoder wrote:
Serh Arien, hello. Here is one possible approach to the procedure.

Note: If you respond, you don't need to quote the entire message. Too many quotes of large posts make threads difficult to read.

1. This approach won't work correctly if you have unknown blocks. Fix any unknown blocks.

2. Stop your world. Make a backup copy of the map file. Restart your world.

Note: WorldEdit has no "undo" command. You will probably destroy things in your experiments. However, if you have a backup copy of the map file, you can copy it back and try again. If you do copy it back, remember to stop your world first.

3. Find the key that displays Yaw. For a desktop MT client, it is usually function key F5. Press the key so that Yaw is displayed.

4. Turn until Yaw is zero or close to it. You are now facing North.

5. Turn on fly and noclip privileges for yourself.

6. Imagine a giant cube around the place that you wish to move. Fly down to the lower-left corner of the cube. This can be underground if necessary. Type: //1 (with two slashes)

7. Fly up to the upper-right corner of the cube. Type: //2 (with two slashes)

8. Type: //mtschemcreate baconite

This will save the cube using the name "baconite".

9. Fly to somewhere where you'd like to place the cube.

10. Type //1 there

11. Type //2 there

Note: I think that //2 is not needed at this point, but this may help to prevent certain types of accidents.

12. Type: //mtschemplace baconite

This should copy the cube to the new place.

There may be problems with lighting. If so, additional steps may be needed. However, try this procedure and see how it goes.

I thinks that's what i want ! I understood what i had to do
Buuut (because i always have a problem), I have a error text who's speaking about the Lua and other things.
"This approach won't work correctly if you have unknown blocks. Fix any unknown blocks.
", unknown blocks, you're talikng about mod' blocks? And how must i do for fix them?, For me, "fix" somethings is like put stick on a paper and past it somewhere you know.

I realy want to thanks you, to take a few of your time for help me :)

OldCoder

by OldCoder » Post

Serh Arien wrote: "I have a error text who's speaking about the Lua and other things."

1. If there is an error message, tell us the error message.

Serh Arien wrote: "Fix any unknown blocks." unknown blocks, you're talking about mod blocks? And how must i do for fix them?, For me, "fix" somethings is like put stick on a paper and paste it somewhere you know."

2. Don't be concerné about this yet. "Fix" means réparation. Unknown blocks occur if you retirer mods.

The WorldEdit "//mt..." commands do not fonction avec unknown blocks. It is probablement pas importante for you.

Serh Arien

by Serh Arien » Post

this is the message error :
"Lua: Runtime error from mod 'worldedit_commands" in callback ScriptApiServer :: o
n_chat_message(): deSerializeBulkNodes: decompress resulted in invalid size stack traceback:
[C]: in function'place_shemati
...i-Minetest-WorldEdit-48f9c6cworldedit_commands\init.lua:1102: in function "func"
...(1)\Minetest-0.4.13\bin\builtin\game\chatcommands.lua:42: in function <
..(1)\minetest-0.4.13\bin\builtin\game\chatcommans.lua:30:>
...svc(1)\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:355: in function <
...svc (1)\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:335>

OldCoder

by OldCoder » Post

Serh Arien:

1. If possible, create a new Minetest directory tree using the 0.4.12 release as opposed to 0.4.13.

2. In the 0.4.12-based tree, update to the latest version of WorldEdit.

3. Let us know if the problem still occurs with the 0.4.12-based tree.

Mainpage
GitHub: mainfolio
IRC: mainpage
In-game: mainpage

by Mainpage » Post

Okay so I have an Lenovo 2 A10 tablet and am running the latest minetest from google play. When I installed the mod I got the following error:Failed to load and run script from /storage/emulated/0/minetest/mods/worldedit/init.lua:
So then I took into.lua and pasted it into the mods/worldedit folder. The game started up but when I give the /grant singleplayer worldedit command it says: unknown privilege: worldedit I don't know what to do now.
I eat baby seals

OldCoder

by OldCoder » Post

Mainpage, when you saw the original error message about:

/storage/emulated/0/minetest/mods/worldedit/init.lua

what else did it say?

Also, can you explain what you mean when you say "I took into.lua and pasted it into the mods/worldedit folder" ?

Mainpage

by Mainpage » Post

Oldcoder,
I posted the entire error message except the date and time. Again the entire error message was:
"Failed to run and load script from /storage/emulated/0/minetest/mods/worldedit/init.lua"
And I meant to say "init.lua" but it autocorrected into: "into.luaOldcoder,
I did post the entire error message except the date and time. The entire error message was /storage/emulated/0/minetest/mods/worldedit/init.lua".

I then copyed " init.lua" from the worldedit folder that is inside the worldedit folder which is in the mods folder and pasted it into the worldedit folder that is in the mod folder.
You see, I had looked at the other mods that I was running that are fully functional, the difference between worldedit and those mods (simple mobs and 3D torches) is that the "init.lua" is in the "minetest/mods/modname" folder not the "minetest/mods/modname/modname" folder.
I eat baby seals

OldCoder

by OldCoder » Post

Mainpage, so you have two copies of the worldedit mod? I don't think that I can help, because I can't see this. However, here are some basic points:

worldedit is a modpack, not a single mod. There is a top-level folder, which can be called worldedit or worldedit-modpack. Inside that, there are folders named worldedit, worldedit_commands, worldedit_gui, etc.

Try deleting everything that is related to worldedit. Then put new copies of the entire directory tree in both of the places that you mentioned.

Don't move just one init.lua file around. Preserve the structure of all of the directories.

If you don't understand, or if this does not help, you can try to speak directly with Minetest people in IRC. This will depend on your timezone; people are not always present. The network is Freenode and the channel is: #minetest

Mainpage

by Mainpage » Post

Oldcoder,
I have tried the following:
1. Taking the minetest\mods\worldedit\worldedit folder and installing it as a mod ie sticking it in the minetest\mods folder

2. Copying and pasting the contents of minetest\mods\worldedit\worldedit folder and pasting it in minetest\mods\worldedit\ folder.

I have only one worldedit folder in the minetest\mods folder but two if you count the minetest\mods\worldedit\worldedit folder.
Also method #1 and #2 allowed worldedit to be enabled and the game to load successfully but when I entered the "/grant singleplayer worldedit" it said something like: "Uknown priv.".

I think it might be that the android build isn't compatible with worldedit.
BTW some modpacks work, like mesecons.
I eat baby seals

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

Try "grant singleplayer all"

OldCoder

by OldCoder » Post

benrob0329 wrote:Try "grant singleplayer all"

Help is welcome but it sounds as though he's got one or more folders in the wrong place.

Mainpage

by Mainpage » Post

I have tried moving folders around and the /grant singleplayer all with no luck.
I eat baby seals

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

Ok, delete all the folders that you made/moved/renamed.

Download Minetest 0.4.13 (if you haven't already)

Download Worldedit

Don't rename anything and extract the Zip into your mods folder.

Click the "Configure" button while your world is selected

Enable all parts of Worldedit

Mainpage

by Mainpage » Post

benrod0329:
I have minetest 4.13 I only ever had one worldedit folder at a time in my mods folder.the worldedit folder was named "worldedit" that was the only worldedit related folder in the minetest/mods folder, the only other mods I have were simple mods and 3d torches. When I hit tried configuring worldedit it didn't show up as a mod pack. I've tried mesecons, that worked fine and did show up as a mod pack in the configure mod menu.
I eat baby seals

Serh Arien

by Serh Arien » Post

OldCoder wrote:
Serh Arien:

1. If possible, create a new Minetest directory tree using the 0.4.12 release as opposed to 0.4.13.

2. In the 0.4.12-based tree, update to the latest version of WorldEdit.

3. Let us know if the problem still occurs with the 0.4.12-based tree.

Sorry for this long miss(ing)

What is it mean ? Have i to download minetest 0.4.12 version ?

I see that is very very complicate to do what i want so, is it easier to move mi build in an other maps ( who will be exclusively by water) ?
That was said before, using a dropbox or somethings like that ?

Thanks you again to your help :)

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

is there a way to set the facedir of a block ... for example i lay 5000 mesecons and facedir is 0 and i want it to be 1?

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

tbillion wrote:is there a way to set the facedir of a block ... for example i lay 5000 mesecons and facedir is 0 and i want it to be 1?
did you try /orient 90
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

lol now i did, and it broke... lmao.. Crash and burn baby....lol

Code: Select all

2015-11-25 04:36:31: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback on_playerReceiveFields(): ...er/bin/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_commands/init.lua:818: attempt to index local 'param' (a number value)
2015-11-25 04:36:31: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2015-11-25 04:36:31: ERROR[Main]:       ...er/bin/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_commands/init.lua:818: in function 'nodes_needed'
2015-11-25 04:36:31: ERROR[Main]:       ...er/bin/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_commands/safe.lua:21: in function 'func'
2015-11-25 04:36:31: ERROR[Main]:       ...in/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_gui/functionality.lua:500: in function <...in/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_gui/functionality.lua:496>
2015-11-25 04:36:31: ERROR[Main]:       (tail call): ?
2015-11-25 04:36:31: ERROR[Main]:       ...ads/minetest-master/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:355: in function <...ads/minetest-master/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:335>
2015-11-25 04:36:31: WARNING[Server]: Assignment to undeclared global "player_name" inside a function at ...oads/minetest-master/bin/../mods/lightsaber/init.lua:15.
ill try it again though cuz i like breaking things ;)

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

same error no matter what i choose (98,189,270)

Code: Select all

2015-11-25 04:56:21: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod '' in callback on_playerReceiveFields(): ...er/bin/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_commands/init.lua:818: attempt to index local 'param' (a number value)
2015-11-25 04:56:21: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2015-11-25 04:56:21: ERROR[Main]:       ...er/bin/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_commands/init.lua:818: in function 'nodes_needed'
2015-11-25 04:56:21: ERROR[Main]:       ...er/bin/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_commands/safe.lua:21: in function 'func'
2015-11-25 04:56:21: ERROR[Main]:       ...in/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_gui/functionality.lua:500: in function <...in/../mods/WorldEdit/worldedit_gui/functionality.lua:496>
2015-11-25 04:56:21: ERROR[Main]:       (tail call): ?
2015-11-25 04:56:21: ERROR[Main]:       ...ads/minetest-master/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:355: in function <...ads/minetest-master/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:335>
2015-11-25 04:56:21: WARNING[Server]: Assignment to undeclared global "player_name" inside a function at ...oads/minetest-master/bin/../mods/lightsaber/init.lua:15.

Minetest Sam

by Minetest Sam » Post

deleted

Thanks Stan
Last edited by Minetest Sam on Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

bark
In-game: bark

by bark » Post

Thank you so much for creating this mod! It's probably the one I use the most, and I simply could not have played MT without it (because of CTS :))

I have a feature suggestion: Brush/landscaping tool. I initially posted this suggestion in "mod requests/ideas", but later realized it may fit better in this thread.