[Mod] Technic [0.4.16-dev] [technic]

RealBadAngel

Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.11] [technic]

by RealBadAngel » Post

Technic update: add vacuum cleaner power tool, pretty nice one to pick all the stuff lying around...

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Alienant1 wrote:thanks. is there any way you know of to prevent this and make it playable?
If you are up to a tiny bit of mod editing, it should be a relatively simple matter of creating a recipe for it, it doesn't really matter what the recipe is, and adding it into the appropriate file. Then you should be able to build a wrench using the recipe you specified.

Alienant1
In-game: alienant1 or alienant2

by Alienant1 » Post

that easy? thanks.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

smash

by smash » Post

I just installed Dreambuilder over my existing minetest, and when I play, I get the following error just trying to move around:

Lua: OOM error from mod 'technic_worldgen' in callback ScriptApiEnv::environmen
t_OnGenerated(): not enough memory
Current Lua memory usage:39 MB

To repeat this error, use Dreambuilder and generate a world with v7 and seed=1, /grant singleplayer fast, /grant singleplayer fly and just try flying around a little bit. Also, I imported a much flatter map from regular minetest and in the world.mt file, I changed gameid to be dreambuilder; in that map, I can move around some, but the error seems to come up whenever I approach a changing biome.

I'm not sure if this post belongs here or in the Dreambuilder forum. I do not have technic added in regular minetest.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

It actually belongs in the Dreambuilder thread, but meanwhile if you're getting that error, you just don't have enough RAM - Dreambuilder requires 2 to 3 GB free above and beyond what your OS and other applications are using.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

smash

by smash » Post

I have a total of 8 GB. Should that be enough? I am running Windows 10 64-bit and I don't have any additional applications or out-of-the-ordinary processes running.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Depends on how much the OS uses, but I would have thought so.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

DoyleChris
In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

Is there a way to increase the output of the machines.

Alienant1

by Alienant1 » Post

do you mean by editing the modpack or just converting to MV or HV?

DoyleChris
In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

The mv machines. The furnace for example is cooking quicker then outputting. And i have to controllers in them. So cooking is faster then output.

Alienant1

by Alienant1 » Post

that probably needs you to edit the technic mod or the pipeworks mod. I am afraid I don't know how to do that.

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

DoyleChris wrote:The mv machines. The furnace for example is cooking quicker then outputting. And i have to controllers in them. So cooking is faster then output.
Try controlling the input rate of materials. For instance, if you pipe materials into two furnaces instead of one, each furnace only gets every other item. This will cut the inflow of materials to each furnace in half. They may still overflow occasionally, but they will last twice as long as they would otherwise.(As an added bonus, it takes half the time).

The other thing you can do is limit the amount of materials you put in so that the furnace can contain the entire load in its internal storage (4 stacks)

I usually deal with the overflow by having a chest with an adjustable vacuum tube. I either route this back into the input, or I manually empty it out occasionally.

One final trick that I've found I'd that if you place sorting pipes on either side of the pipe connected to the machine, you can have the pipes just bounce the input materials back and forth until, eventually, the machine catches up.

Alienant1

by Alienant1 » Post

do the pipes sort randomly or alternately?

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Alienant1 wrote:do the pipes sort randomly or alternately?
I've had pretty mixed results, but with normal pipes, usually each junction will end up with about half of the items that go through.

Dead end T junctions seem to do a better job of splitting input; items seem to prefer going straight if possible, although it's hard to tell.

Pipeworks is not a foolproof system, the best you can do is minimize the potential for faults, or you can plan on faults and just redirect misrouted items to go through the machine again. But I have yet to build a contraption that dies not jam or overflow occasionally, although I've been getting close. Here's the technique I usually use:

Pipeworks doesn't seem to split stacks at junctions, but it will split a stack to top off the input to a machine or autocrafter. The trick I mentioned with the sorting pipes will cut the stacks to continually top off the machine, until all stacks are depleyed, keeping the machines active with a full stack of input materials, and keeping additional materials in the pipes until it's their turn. It's proven to be pretty reliable for splitting my workloads evenly across any number of single-input machines. You can set the sorting pipes to contain up to six materials, but it works best if you only process one material at any given time. It's proven reliable enough for me to leave automated machine systems unattended.

It doesn't work nearly as well for alloy furnaces, I'm still working on finding a reliable system for that.
Last edited by AceWill on Tue Dec 15, 2015 18:45, edited 3 times in total.

Alienant1

by Alienant1 » Post

how about routing your inputs through a chest and having a loop so all rejected items go back to the chest and are filter-injectored back into the pipe.

edit : (my diagram didn't work)

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Alienant1 wrote:how about routing your inputs through a chest and having a loop so all rejected items go back to the chest and are filter-injectored back into the pipe.

edit : (my diagram didn't work)
That's basically what I did with the sorting pipes, minus the chest part. But yes, adding chests and injectors ad buffers is usually a good idea. If you inject straight into the machine, it will only pull out what will currently fit in the machine. At least until the very last one, that one usually ends up in the wrong machine somehow.

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Another way to keep overflow under control is have a secondary machine that vacuums up everything that falls out of the main system as input. Not a very elegant solution, but it does work.

jan6
GitHub: jan69
IRC: jan6
In-game: jan6

by jan6 » Post

little problem (bug ?) here:my nuclear reactor is working and is outputting current(forcefield works and i have a ton of battery boxes charging),but i can't convert it to MV and LV for some reason...i don't want to make a separate supply system just so i can use music player (or other lower volt devices),supply converters say that they have no network while swiching stations and HV devices show that it should work...tried putting switching stations everywhere(before it,after it, directly on top of the wire that goes into it) but still not working...weird...(it seems to have network while not connected to my nuclear station howewer) maybe it's just a glitch with my particular setup?
I know everything, exept what I know...
I have a secret..it's so secret even I don't know what it is

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Its a machine, not an adapter. Input voltage goes into the supply conetter from top, output voltage comes out the bottom. Both sides need their own switch station, and operate complety independently.
. Also, each supply converter needs 10000 energy input to run, but that shouldn't be an issue with a reactor.

jan6
GitHub: jan69
IRC: jan6
In-game: jan6

by jan6 » Post

thanks,this is nice stuff,converters still show no network but everything works!
I know everything, exept what I know...
I have a secret..it's so secret even I don't know what it is

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

l assume you know how to use the music player. Is it possible in real life to put more reactor cores next to each other to reduce costs of isolation?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Alienant1

by Alienant1 » Post

You can do that?

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Alienant1 wrote:You can do that?
What do you mean?

The music box music is played because l have the technic tracks in the sound pack folder:
http://wiki.minetest.net/Sound_Packs
downloading parallel works great, cloning mod repositories parallel also works

You can't put more cores next to each other to reduce isolation costs in minetest yet.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Alienant1

by Alienant1 » Post

ok. I was asking about the cores.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

making it possible to put multiple cores next to each other may work, but it's more difficult to en/disable the siren

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪