[Mod] MoreMesecons [moremesecons]

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: [Mod] MoreMesecons [moremesecons]

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Palige wrote: For the detector, why not ? But, I don't really see its utility... But, I am going to create a detector wich detects ALL entitys (items dropped, monsters, etc) !
How about a detector which you can configure to detect specific items?
Palige wrote:"Emitting mesecons signals", only for wireless "virtual signal" or for all mesecons conductors ?
For wireless, it's possible (and it's a very good idea !), I am going to do that too !
For mesecons, it's very difficult (I would have to override the mesecons code), and mesecons will be more slowly... I think it's not good.
l actually thought about overwriting some mesecons emit signal function but l don't know if it exists. So wires would still transfer the signal through the jammer's area but can't enable a piston (if it works this way).
Martno wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:the pressure plates of mesecons also notice if items are dropped onto them.
Oh my god, I totally forgot that :) Thanks!

Another idea (related to the previous): wallmounted pressure plates, or some kind of sensors, that send a mesecon signal, when hit by an arrow (from throwing mod). Is that possible?
Try the crossbow of the shooter mod, idk exactly, maybe it can be used to enable switches.
https://github.com/stujones11/shooter

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Palige
GitHub: paly2
IRC: Upsilon
In-game: Upsilon

by Palige » Post

Now there is a entity detector ! You can precise the entity to detect with its itemstring (for example, "mobs:rat").
To detect a dropped item, write "__builtin:item".
To detect a specific dropped item, write the itemstring of the item (for example "default:cobble").
I think you can use it to detect arrows (set the radius to 1 and write the itemstring of the arrow, "throwing:arrow" I think).
mtmodder148 wrote:It'd be cool if you could adjust the delay of each port of the dual delayer, in game.
Hmm, the dual delayer time is designed to make "double extenders" with pistons. I think if you connect dual delayer to mesecons delayer or moremesecons temporarygate, you can adjust the delay of each port.
Sorry for my english : I am french...

Some of my minetest stuff:
MoreMesecons
Throwing Redo
PvP-Plus
A few other things

I'm hosting the Eurythmia server

mtmodder148
GitHub: MT-Modder
In-game: mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

Ah I didn't even think about that. Thanks!

Martno

by Martno » Post

Palige wrote:Now there is a entity detector ! You can precise the entity to detect with its itemstring (for example, "mobs:rat").
To detect a dropped item, write "__builtin:item".
To detect a specific dropped item, write the itemstring of the item (for example "default:cobble").
I think you can use it to detect arrows (set the radius to 1 and write the itemstring of the arrow, "throwing:arrow" I think).
Awesome! Thanks!

Palige

by Palige » Post

Now there is a wireless jammer !
It can disable wireless receptors in a radius of 15 nodes (changeable by the server admin).
I will test a total mesecons jammer (in fact it would be quite simple to do) to see if it really slows mesecons.
mtmodder148 wrote:Ah I didn't even think about that. Thanks!
Martno wrote:Awesome! Thanks!
You're welcome ;-)

MoreMesecons
Throwing Redo
PvP-Plus
A few other things

Palige

by Palige » Post

There is now a total mesecons jammer. It can disable mesecons conductors in a radius of 10 nodes. You can still switch off mesecons (because it is necessary to disable the jammer). But it can slow mesecons : Don't activate it on servers with limited resources.

MoreMesecons
Throwing Redo
PvP-Plus
A few other things

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Would it be possible to make some thing that is sort of a combination between a Blinky plant and a switch torch? The intended use is that I want to be able to use an on/off switch to control filter injectors from pipeworks. Somethinks lik, if port 1 gets a signal, port 2 emits a Blinky plant signal should work. It is fairly easy to assemble a mesecons circuit that does this using a switch, a Blinky plant, and an AND gate (or a luacontroller), but it would be nice to have something more compact that doesn't require programming.

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

any use of mesecons while the more mesecons jammer is enabled throws this error

Code: Select all

2015-11-25 04:44:49: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Runtime error from mod 'mesecons' in callback environment_Step(): ...in/../mods/MoreMesecons/moremesecons_jammer/init.lua:21: attempt to call field 'unpack' (a nil value)
2015-11-25 04:44:49: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2015-11-25 04:44:49: ERROR[Main]:       ...in/../mods/MoreMesecons/moremesecons_jammer/init.lua:21: in function 'is_jammed'
2015-11-25 04:44:49: ERROR[Main]:       ...in/../mods/MoreMesecons/moremesecons_jammer/init.lua:51: in function 'turnon'
2015-11-25 04:44:49: ERROR[Main]:       ...netest-master/bin/../mods/mesecons/mesecons/init.lua:90: in function '?'
2015-11-25 04:44:49: ERROR[Main]:       ...master/bin/../mods/mesecons/mesecons/actionqueue.lua:90: in function 'execute'
2015-11-25 04:44:49: ERROR[Main]:       ...master/bin/../mods/mesecons/mesecons/actionqueue.lua:84: in function '?'
2015-11-25 04:44:49: ERROR[Main]:       ...ads/minetest-master/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:355: in function <...ads/minetest-master/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:335>

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

maybe a mesecons lighter that lights ajacent flammable nodes on fire and lights ajacent tnt

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

tbillion, the mod depends on vector_extras

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

i have vector extras.. is vector extras one of those mods that there is really 7 different versions and they are all named the same? (:

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

tbillion wrote:i have vector extras.. is vector extras one of those mods that there is really 7 different versions and they are all named the same? (:
As far as l know my mod is the only one called so.
l guess the jammer mod became loaded before vector_extras, an added dependency should have fixed it.
Do you still experience the problem with the newest moremesecons?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

tbillion

by tbillion » Post

ill find out tommorrow and let you know...

Palige

by Palige » Post

Sorry for my long absence !
HybridDog, thank you for fixing the dependency problem !
Diamond knight wrote:maybe a mesecons lighter that lights ajacent flammable nodes on fire and lights ajacent tnt
AceWill wrote:Would it be possible to make some thing that is sort of a combination between a Blinky plant and a switch torch? The intended use is that I want to be able to use an on/off switch to control filter injectors from pipeworks. Somethinks lik, if port 1 gets a signal, port 2 emits a Blinky plant signal should work. It is fairly easy to assemble a mesecons circuit that does this using a switch, a Blinky plant, and an AND gate (or a luacontroller), but it would be nice to have something more compact that doesn't require programming.
Thank you very much for your (very) good ideas ! I will make that soon :)
Last edited by Palige on Sat Dec 12, 2015 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

MoreMesecons
Throwing Redo
PvP-Plus
A few other things

Palige

by Palige » Post

There are now two new nodes !
  • The Igniter : This is a lighter !
  • The Injector Controller : This is a combination between a blinky plant and an AND gate !

MoreMesecons
Throwing Redo
PvP-Plus
A few other things

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Palige wrote:There are now two new nodes !
  • The Igniter : This is a lighter !
  • The Injector Controller : This is a combination between a blinky plant and an AND gate !
I'll have to try it out. There's a few other circuits that I try to set up pretty frequently, but the on/off switch was the one I really needed.

Here's some of the other ones I thought of.

Inverse 2 way signal changer: two output ports, one active, one not. Input signal switches which port is active. (Intended use: on/off color coded indicator lights.)
Also, a 3 position variant that rotates between 1, 2, and off.)
Again, this is pretty easy to set up with a NOT gate or luacontroller, but this seems to have a pretty simple logic condition.

Variable speed blinker: mesecons operated version of the Adjustable Blinky plant. Brief Signal to port 1 increases blink rate, brief signal to port 2 decreases rate. (Intended use: controlling the speed at which a machine operates)

And, one other idea:
Mesecons transistor: a straight line mesecons wire with an input on the side. If side input receives signal, stop conducting signals through the wire.
Intended uses: among other things, emergency stop buttons.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

AceWill wrote:Variable speed blinker: mesecons operated version of the Adjustable Blinky plant. Brief Signal to port 1 increases blink rate, brief signal to port 2 decreases rate. (Intended use: controlling the speed at which a machine operates)
How about using delayers?

You can also use hydroturbines and pistons…
Attachments
l hope your browser supports apng.
l hope your browser supports apng.
delcirc.png (34.61 KiB) Viewed 1209 times

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
AceWill wrote:Variable speed blinker: mesecons operated version of the Adjustable Blinky plant. Brief Signal to port 1 increases blink rate, brief signal to port 2 decreases rate. (Intended use: controlling the speed at which a machine operates)
How about using delayers?

You can also use hydroturbines and pistons…
That's actually not a bad idea, but it doesn't solve my problem: I can't fit the circuitry in with all the pipes, cables, chests, pistons, filter injectors, and technic machines and still have the design be small enough to fit neatly inside a box shape.

Hence, the request for what are effectively preprogrammed luacontrollers with logic circuits that are frequently used. We have integrated circuit chips to do this kind of thing in real life, why not in mesecons?

Palige

by Palige » Post

Thank you for new ideas (I love that) !!!
I think I won't make a new node for the "two way signal changer", I just will change the actual node.
For the "transistor", actually you can make it with a switch torch (or a signal changer) and an AND gate, but the idea is really interesting and I think I will make a "conductor signal changer" wich can be used as a mesecons activatable/deactivatable wire.

MoreMesecons
Throwing Redo
PvP-Plus
A few other things

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Palige wrote:Thank you for new ideas (I love that) !!!
I think I won't make a new node for the "two way signal changer", I just will change the actual node.
For the "transistor", actually you can make it with a switch torch (or a signal changer) and an AND gate, but the idea is really interesting and I think I will make a "conductor signal changer" wich can be used as a mesecons activatable/deactivatable wire.

It's not about what is possible, it's just a matter of convenience. It is actually possible to construct ANY logic circuit using nothing but NAND gates.

(Seriously, it is. You can duplicate the effect of any logic gate with a few NAND gates, depending on how you connect them.)

Its just that having the preconstructed components is so much more convenient.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Would you like some sort of configuration tool which shows a formspec when you use it on a luacontroller where you can load templates?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Alienant1
In-game: alienant1 or alienant2

by Alienant1 » Post

That is a really good idea! Could you make it with a 'save' option and a folder where you can copy templates off the internet? This should really be part of default mesecons.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

AceWill

by AceWill » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:Would you like some sort of configuration tool which shows a formspec when you use it on a luacontroller where you can load templates?
Yes, that would make luacontrollers much easier to deal with.

Palige

by Palige » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:Would you like some sort of configuration tool which shows a formspec when you use it on a luacontroller where you can load templates?
The templates are a very good idea ! I think it's possible by overwriting some functions of the luacontroller !
Alienant1 wrote:Could you make it with a 'save' option and a folder where you can copy templates off the internet?
If you want to get templates off the internet, you'll need a server to store them... That's a bit difficult
I think it would be good that every templates are stored in a "templates" folder in the mod :)
Last edited by Palige on Fri Dec 18, 2015 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

MoreMesecons
Throwing Redo
PvP-Plus
A few other things

Alienant1
In-game: alienant1 or alienant2

by Alienant1 » Post

yes, that would be nice. could you do an in-game 'save' button to save the current script to the template folder?
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!