Making a program to help making of mods/games

bgsmithjr

by bgsmithjr » Post

You are right, DD.
Glasslike makes all sides the same texture and fixes the problem that allfaces_optional has, all faces optional means you do not have to have a different texture for each side but doesn't support transparency, like a chest has a fixed number of sides you have to supply textures for, so does furnace, so do plants, plants have no top or bottom and only two sides, you have to supply those textures, all faces optional means that only one is required. Drawtype means more than just 'sides' it also specifies direction, and whether or not the block is a block at all, It makes fencelike types connect to eachother and torches like an object. It is like adding more parameters to node definition like if a node is wallmounted it can be placed on a different surface of the wallblock, facing north, south, east, and west but you don't see any of these things most of the time, but the signlike drawtype which is used for doors. If you wanted to make an object that can be placed on walls, ceilings, floors, and wasn't drawn as a block, you might use torchlike. Then you might use paramtype = light which would give you other options like the intensity, as far as i know, that would be in the variable param
Last edited by bgsmithjr on Wed Apr 11, 2012 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

bgsmithjr wrote:You are right, DD.
Glasslike makes all sides the same texture and fixes the problem that allfaces_optional has, all faces optional means you do not have to have a different texture for each side but doesn't support transparency, like a chest has a fixed number of sides you have to supply textures for, so does furnace, so do plants, plants have no top or bottom and only two sides, you have to supply those textures, all faces optional means that only one is required. Drawtype means more than just 'sides' it also specifies direction, and whether or not the block is a block at all, It makes fencelike types connect to eachother and torches like an object. It is like adding more parameters to node definition like if a node is wallmounted it can be placed on a different surface of the wallblock, facing north, south, east, and west but you don't see any of these things most of the time, but the signlike drawtype which is used for doors. If you wanted to make an object that can be placed on walls, ceilings, floors, and wasn't drawn as a block, you might use torchlike. Then you might use paramtype = light which would give you other options like the intensity, as far as i know, that would be in the variable param
Thanks! I'm thinking of pausing this project, and then creating a very simple scripting language that will let people create mods much easier than with LUA (it will compile it to LUA).
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

I agree to this lkjoel. Although Death might be upset a little, but that will pass.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

Jordach wrote:I agree to this lkjoel. Although Death might be upset a little, but that will pass.
Where the hell did that come from? I've been waiting very patiently for this. I've even tryed to help. Why the f**k would I be upset he wonts to do something else? I support ikjoels work 200%. In any aspect.
Keep calm and code python^_^

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

wait, let me rephrase this. I will work on a scripting language that makes it much easier to create mods. This project is above my skill level. If anyone can take this project over, I'd be more than glad :)

@DD, you should be able to understand the scripting language no problem, so you still will be able to create mods, just not with a graphical interface.

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

lkjoel wrote:wait, let me rephrase this. I will work on a scripting language that makes it much easier to create mods. This project is above my skill level. If anyone can take this project over, I'd be more than glad :)

@DD, you should be able to understand the scripting language no problem, so you still will be able to create mods, just not with a graphical interface.
Yes I understand:D I'm sure it will be easyer than the .lua stuff^ ^ I really have tryed to make some mods by example with other mods, trying to Frankenstein some code. I have some stuff I will release like that but there are some ideas I have that I wouldn't have the slitest clue how to code unfortunently.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Well, if anyone wants some simple stuff, I am up for it death, any time.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

Jordach wrote:Well, if anyone wants some simple stuff, I am up for it death, any time.
I actually just bought my wireless card for my desktop finally:D I will email you sometime either today or tommorow with the connection info jordach.

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Yay!

bgsmithjr

by bgsmithjr » Post

Any progress?

Jordach

by Jordach » Post

No more, lkjoel abandoned it for now.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

:(
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Yeah, this was just too hard for me, as I'm not an HTML/JS/CSS coder (and I can't stand JS, it's just so illogical). If anyone wants to take this project over, please do!
I'm still working on the library to make mods easier :)

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

You know what would really be handy?

I need an app or a script, that will parse init.lua files looking for Register_craft, and generate the crafting table image so i dont have to do by hand every time i update/create a new mod.

I could do it easily in php, but i dont have the time :S

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Basically any kind of texture and craft indexing would make the administration of mods and modpacks n times easier lol

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

mauvebic wrote:You know what would really be handy?

I need an app or a script, that will parse init.lua files looking for Register_craft, and generate the crafting table image so i dont have to do by hand every time i update/create a new mod.

I was actually planning on doing that :)

GJH105775

by GJH105775 » Post

Cool. +1
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg

GJH105775

by GJH105775 » Post

lkjoel wrote:
mauvebic wrote:You know what would really be handy?

I was actually planning on doing that :)
LOL, so was I.
Check out my mod xtrablocks, has some different types of marble that you can build with or mine at different depths

I am not here regularly as I just kind of pop in and out. If you want to find me I'll be on quadcopterforum.com helping with multirotor builds and spending other's money haha.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a119/ ... hicons.jpg

Hamguy

by Hamguy » Post

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

What's that?

webdesigner97
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97

by webdesigner97 » Post

±0

Modding is more than only "minetest.register_node()", so you'll still have to learn some LUA...

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

webdesigner97 wrote:±0

Modding is more than only "minetest.register_node()", so you'll still have to learn some LUA...
Yes I know, I stopped working on it for too many reasons, one of which is: "payback is not worth the work" lol

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

Is this still being work on? it kind of look cool!
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Likwid H-Craft wrote:Is this still being work on? it kind of look cool!
No, it was canceled due to it being completely useless, and me putting way too much time and effort into it (and me having like millions of other projects to work on :/)

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

lkjoel wrote:
Likwid H-Craft wrote:Is this still being work on? it kind of look cool!
No, it was canceled due to it being completely useless, and me putting way too much time and effort into it (and me having like millions of other projects to work on :/)
Oh...Maybe in the future you, will come back to it since it looks, cool looking and Minetest needs it own, Mod Forge.

Do you still have it? the one on this photo?
Last edited by Likwid H-Craft on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:24, edited 1 time in total.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)