by oscar14 » Post

i will try the game in that server! :D

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

Re: [Game] Pixture

by kaadmy » Post

Hmm, that error shouldn't happen in 0.4.13-dev, works with me.. Is the dev version broken right now?
That armor mod's built-in to Pixture, it's my own.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

oscar14
GitHub: camus14

by oscar14 » Post

it works with other games

Ivà
GitHub: melzua
IRC: melzua
In-game: melzua

by Ivà » Post

kaadmy wrote:Hmm, that error shouldn't happen in 0.4.13-dev, works with me.. Is the dev version broken right now?
That armor mod's built-in to Pixture, it's my own.
You're right kaadmy. Just tested again with last git minetest server and it's ok. :)

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

Phew!
I'm getting back to polishing up Pixture again,finally fixed the bug with not getting achievements for digging stone.

Pixture

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

Any other bugs/problems?
If you have an idea for something, tell me, and I'll try to get it added (if it's within reason of this subgame :)

Pixture

necron099

by necron099 » Post

Kaadmy, Haven't found any bugs yet but...

Is there going to be a food source in the wasteland biome?

Is swamp grass going to craftable like a regular grass clump?

The fluid sink rate @ 50? On the positive side it does make getting to the bottom a lot faster :)

I vote for this game to be included with Minetest. I think it would be easier for people that have played Minecraft to play this instead of the default one.

P.S. The addition of skunks is pretty cool.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

I want to have special uses for swamp grass and dry grass. Maybe put swamp grass near a fire (not implemented yet) and it becomes grass? And grass>heat>dry grass.
Fluid sink rate is a bit high ;) Because I'm evil.
Wasteland has food, the skunks :)

Pixture

neoascetic
GitHub: neoascetic
IRC: neoascetic
In-game: neoascetic

by neoascetic » Post

@kaadmy

Thank you for such good game! I fall in love with its visual style, and I think it should be bundled with official game package, so I decided to include it in my nightly and stable Minetest builds for OSX.

I have few questions, though. First of all, are all mods that packaged with the game written completely by you? I guess yes, because of readme files. This is a big amount of work! The second question is: why don't you have all these mods as separate repos on Github to make it easy to reuse them in other games (for example, your cool weather mod)?

Thank you again.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

@neoascetic

Thanks ;)

If anybody wants the mods, it should be easy to just copy the mod directory, so I wouldn't worry about that right now/

The weather mod is verybuggy right now, and will take a lot of work to make it run satisfactorily without lag problems/uneven weather coverage.

Most mods are completely my own, but some (like hunger, mobs, item_drop, tnt) are existing mods, but heavily modified.

Pixture

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

ive played on server, i really like it
the subgame needs aggressive mobs (not only this suicide turtle), u can play it to fast through, map doesnt seem to work and the birds hurt my ears
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Ivà

by Ivà » Post

DS-minetest wrote:ive played on server, i really like it
the subgame needs aggressive mobs (not only this suicide turtle), u can play it to fast through, map doesnt seem to work and the birds hurt my ears
Hi DS, what do you mean by 'map doesnt seem to work'?

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

I'll soften the birdcalls, and other mobs are planned. If you have any ideas of less generic and more unique mobs, I'll consider adding them.

Pixture

Desour
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

@Ivà: it seems, like the map doesnt work, i only see with it coordinates and a green thing, no landscape

@kaadmy: maybe some dragon like mobs
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

Ivà

by Ivà » Post

DS-minetest wrote:@Ivà: it seems, like the map doesnt work, i only see with it coordinates and a green thing, no landscape
The map is OK for me, others play on the server too and they don't have this problem.
Which version of minetest are you using?

Desour

by Desour » Post

Ivà wrote:
DS-minetest wrote:@Ivà: it seems, like the map doesnt work, i only see with it coordinates and a green thing, no landscape
The map is OK for me, others play on the server too and they don't have this problem.
Which version of minetest are you using?
im using the newest dev
here is a screenshot of the map:

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

LOL, didn't realize you meant that map :D Shoulda known..

The map should only show points of interest, like players (including you) and villages, but it seems broken right now...

Pixture

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

this might have been mentioned before but i seem to have an issue with the player model being glitchy.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

stormchaser3000 wrote:this might have been mentioned before but i seem to have an issue with the player model being glitchy.
You mean the animation being reset every frame? I know about it, no idea why it happens though...

Pixture

Nezchan
In-game: Nezchan

by Nezchan » Post

I've been getting frequent crashes with Pixture. I tried other subgames, but they haven't given me the same issues.

I get a lot of these errors:
2016-05-23 11:41:15: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: character.png
And eventually I get this when it crashes out:
minetest: /build/minetest-twu2iz/minetest-0.4.14/src/util/serialize.h:278: void writeF1000(irr::u8*, irr::f32): Assertion `i >= F1000_MIN && i <= F1000_MAX' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
I'm running Minetest 0.4.14 on Ubuntu 15.10.

kaadmy

by kaadmy » Post

The "2016-05-23 11:41:15: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: character.png" warning is a known problem in MT/Irrlicht and has nothing to do with Pixture, as the default subgame also has this problem last time I used it.

The crash also isn't my problem it seems, but I haven't tested it with 0.4.14 yet.
Does the same thing happen repeatedly with Pixture, and does it happen with other subgames?

Pixture

Nezchan

by Nezchan » Post

kaadmy wrote:The "2016-05-23 11:41:15: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: character.png" warning is a known problem in MT/Irrlicht and has nothing to do with Pixture, as the default subgame also has this problem last time I used it.

The crash also isn't my problem it seems, but I haven't tested it with 0.4.14 yet.
Does the same thing happen repeatedly with Pixture, and does it happen with other subgames?
I've tried other subgames (Voxelgarden, The Next Game, Wasteland and Carbone), and none give me crashes. Pixture has given me the same result repeatedly. It doesn't seem to be related to what I'm doing, one crash was while mining, another while chopping wood, I think one happened just walking the beach but I can't swear to that one.

TheReaperKing

by TheReaperKing » Post

The character "warning" definitely happens even with the default game so I don't think that is related to your game.

The second error I don't claim to know much about the inner workings of minetest but in my server hosting experience whenever I got a serialize error it meant that something in the world had gotten corrupted. Have you tried any new worlds with it?
Become A Real Life Superhero - http://SuperheroHill.com
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com
Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

Nezchan

by Nezchan » Post

TheReaperKing wrote:The character "warning" definitely happens even with the default game so I don't think that is related to your game.

The second error I don't claim to know much about the inner workings of minetest but in my server hosting experience whenever I got a serialize error it meant that something in the world had gotten corrupted. Have you tried any new worlds with it?
I started one last night but haven't put much time in yet. No crashes so far, thank goodness. I'll come back if there are any troubles.

DuDraig
IRC: DuDraig
In-game: DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

On the Pixture server at pixture.quelcom.xyz:

Oak tree saplings do not grow Oak trees. They only grow Apple trees. Birch saplings work correctly.