[Mod] MapIt [1.2] [mapit] – another mapping mod

dgm5555

Re: [Mod] MapIt [1.2] [mapit] – another mapping mod

by dgm5555 » Post

Sorry the MapWorlds.sh script is no longer required. mapit automatically generates the map when it is loaded by minetest. I've removed the reference to it.

Faalagorn
GitHub: faalagorn

by Faalagorn » Post

Thank you for reply!
I thought the lack of the file was the problem for me, but seems not and the mod is still not working for me :(

MAPP and (most of the other mods I downloaded) works just fine for me fine, but I can't make MapIt to run.

I'm running Minetest 0.4.12 fow Windows (MSVC) binary from the official site, under Windows 8.1 x64 (no UAC, as admin). I tried enabling the mod with a fresh game folder at different locations, too - with no other mods enabled - still no luck.

Maybe I don't have some dependent program installed, or a wrong one. I have:
- python-3.4.3 (32-bit)
- numpy-1.9.2-win32-superpack-python3.4
- Pillow-2.7.0.win32-py3.4

I installed the newer, 3.4 version of python, but maybe I should stick with 2.7? The README also mentions also a "maptool", is this what I'm missing?

If I try to enable the mod to any existing world, the world won't launch. Here is the log from debug.txt:

Code: Select all

21:45:11: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from 
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:36: attempt to index local 'outfile' (a nil value)
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: 	C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:36: in function 'file_copy'
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: 	C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:63: in function 'updateMap'
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: 	C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:118: in main chunk
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua
21:45:11: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua
If I launch the world for the first time with the mod installed, the game works fine, but crashes when I try using the map.

Either way, thanks in advance for a reply :)!

EDIT: I just checked the minetestmapper-numpy.py script - it required two minor edits to make it work under Python 3.4, but it works flawlessly now. However, I still get the errors unfortunately. It might be caused by the other python script, maybe, but I have a feeling it's something else

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

Looks like it's not copying the files correctly. I've only ever tested with linux, but that part of the code should be os independent.
I take it you've got a file called mapit.png in your textures folder (you should as it's in the git and I'd expect a different error if not).
You could try commenting out lines 63 and 64 to see if that sorted the bug (they're not essential) - just put 2 hyphens '--' at the beginning of each line.
If that doesn't work and you're keen, you could try copying the mapit.png file twice and renaming the files to yourworldname.png and yourworldname_thumb.png, then attempt to enter your world. That should cause the system to overwrite the files with the correct ones. BTW I take it your worlds don't all have any funny characters in their name - I'm not sure what foreign language encoding might do to it...
I also upgraded to I would try mapit in 0.4.12 but that made no difference (ie mine still works)
Thanks for your patience and trying it though

Faalagorn
GitHub: faalagorn

by Faalagorn » Post

Uncommenting lines 63 and 64 helped preventing the game to crash upon loading, but it still crashes when trying to use the map. I tried copying the files to my world location, especially seeing that the errors are most likely related to this, but no luck either (there are still errors with the images reported).

Basically, no map is showed in-game and the game crashes when I try to use a map (left click the map). The errors pop when trying to use a block map, too. Here's the log:

mapit: Updated map for C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2
16:46:29: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2_thumb.png" while building texture
16:46:29: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2_thumb.png"
16:46:30: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2.png" while building texture
16:46:30: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2.png"
16:46:34: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2_thumb.png" while building texture
16:46:34: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2_thumb.png"
16:46:34: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2_thumb.png" while building texture
16:46:34: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2_thumb.png"
16:46:40: WARNING: Undeclared global variable "name" accessed at C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:167
nil
singleplayer
userdata: 0x02803c28
16:46:40: ERROR[main]: ServerError: C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:1218: C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit/textures/C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\worlds\mapittest2.png: Invalid argument
16:46:40: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
16:46:40: ERROR[main]: 	[C]: in function 'assert'
16:46:40: ERROR[main]: 	C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:1218: in function 'parse_png'
16:46:40: ERROR[main]: 	C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:233: in function 'generateMapStrings'
16:46:40: ERROR[main]: 	C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:161: in function 'map_handler_maptool'
16:46:40: ERROR[main]: 	C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:156: in function <C:\Games\Minetest\bin\..\mods\mapit\init.lua:155>
For reference: it was the completely new world with only mapit mod enabled plus I have placed a copy mapit.png from the mod directory as a mapittest2.png and mapittest2_thumb.png in the world directory. Here's how it looks for me: http://imgur.com/a/Iafvu

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

The mod expects mapittest2.png and mapittest2_thumb.png to be in the textures directory of the mod, but I'll come up with some debug code to see why it isn't recognising the directory properly.

nvrsbr

by nvrsbr » Post

This mod still work?
Any other good Map mods out there?

An_dz
GitHub: An-dz

by An_dz » Post

I've created a fork which works on Windows and Python 3. https://github.com/An-dz/mapit

The fork should work on any OS and with Python 2.7 too.

I used Python 3.3, Numpy 1.9.2 and Pillow 2.8.2 for Py3.3

The problem with Windows is that your test for worldPath checked for / (slash), but Windows uses \ (backslash)

nvrsbr

by nvrsbr » Post

An_dz wrote:I've created a fork which works on Windows and Python 3. https://github.com/An-dz/mapit

The fork should work on any OS and with Python 2.7 too.

I used Python 3.3, Numpy 1.9.2 and Pillow 2.8.2 for Py3.3

The problem with Windows is that your test for worldPath checked for / (slash), but Windows uses \ (backslash)
Cool but I get this message and no map.
08:40:49: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Could not load image "World_1.png" while building texture
08:40:49: ERROR[main]: generateImage(): Creating a dummy image for "World_1.png"
Do I need to install Python for this to work?

An_dz

by An_dz » Post

nvrsbr wrote:Do I need to install Python for this to work?
Of course, and numpy and Pillow. I added the links in my post (You can try using Python 3.4 or 2.7, but I tested on 3.3)

nvrsbr

by nvrsbr » Post

An_dz wrote:
nvrsbr wrote:Do I need to install Python for this to work?
Of course, and numpy and Pillow. I added the links in my post (You can try using Python 3.4 or 2.7, but I tested on 3.3)
How the heck do you install Numpy 1.9.2?

An_dz

by An_dz » Post

You can use the installers here.

nvrsbr

by nvrsbr » Post

An_dz wrote:You can use the installers here.
Still get same error as above.

An_dz

by An_dz » Post

Have you installed Pillow and Numpy for the same Python version?
Have you installed the x86 version of all the python stuff?
Is that the only error in your log?
What's your Python version?
What's your OS?

dgm5555

by dgm5555 » Post

Thanks Andre,
I've updated the repo, and added the numpy link to the 1st post.
What changes did you make for Pillow? - the minetestmapper script still seems to ref PIL.

An_dz

by An_dz » Post

None, it could run with Pillow easily. Maybe the only required change was the forced int of the values for the area?

amadin

by amadin » Post

One of the most relevant to me mods, but i see a big problems:
1) Players don't have privileges to use /give or /giveme (you must add instruction about this in section "Display the map");
2) If player press "reMap" and re-enter the server then an image of map not change, image change only if i restart server. So maybe you need write in description to Mapit about fully explored map before using this mod?
3) Why map doesn't have a recipe?
I do not know how hard it is to do, but without realtime redrawing the map (for example with the timeout by 5-10 seconds) i see no reason to add "Mapit" on my server.
Maybe it makes sense to write to the developers so they added possibility to generating full map by mapgen at once?

mrob27
GitHub: mrob27

by mrob27 » Post

Tsumi wrote:
Hi,
on python 2.7.3, running MapWorlds.sh i get this error: […]
Error at (-23,3,-28): 'buffer' does not have the buffer interface

That is fixed by one edit to minetestmapper-numpy.py: find the place where it says "return BytesIO(r[0])" and change it to say "return BytesIO(bytes(r[0]))".

Doriphore

by Doriphore » Post

I don't know if other people experienced this, but I have a problem with mapit.
I explore a lot, but when I go further than around +/-2000 (North/south - Weat/East), the map doesn't draw any more.

I run minetest 0.4.13 on linux.

Any idea ?

mrob27
GitHub: mrob27

by mrob27 » Post

Doriphore wrote:I don't know if other people experienced this, but I have a problem with mapit.
I explore a lot, but when I go further than around +/-2000 (North/south - Weat/East), the map doesn't draw any more.
The mod uses minetestmapper-numpy.py, which is discussed in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8730

That script has a built-in default limit of exactly the size you noticed:

--region XMIN XMAX ZMIN ZMAX
                        set the bounding x,z coordinates for the map (units
                        are nodes, default = -2000 2000 -2000 2000)
so I think the mod just needs to be changed a bit to pass the "--region" parameter to the script.

Doriphore

by Doriphore » Post

Thanks for this, now I understand (and might do something about it)

casio33

by casio33 » Post

Hi, the mod sounds great, but it doesn't work on my computer.

2016-01-17 09:38:34: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
2016-01-17 09:38:34: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run C:\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\mapit2\init.lua
2016-01-17 09:38:34: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run C:\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\mapit2\init.lua
2016-01-17 09:38:34: ERROR[main]: Error from Lua:
2016-01-17 09:38:34: ERROR[main]: C:\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\mapit2\init.lua:50: attempt to concatenate local 'curModPath' (a nil value)
2016-01-17 09:38:34: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
2016-01-17 09:38:34: ERROR[main]: 	C:\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\mapit2\init.lua:50: in function 'updateMap'
2016-01-17 09:38:34: ERROR[main]: 	C:\minetest-0.4.13\bin\..\mods\mapit2\init.lua:118: in main chunk
What is the problem?

Martno

by Martno » Post

Casio33: It seems that you should rename the folder to mapit.

amadin

Generated map is not from my world.

by amadin » Post

ImportError: No module named sqlite3
Is this normal if i use leveldb? Generated map is not from my world.

Full log:

OpenBLAS : Your OS doesn't support AVX. Use Nehalem kernels.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/sda3/minetest-master-13/minetest-rivergen/bin/../mods/mapit/minetestmapper-numpy.py", line 1090, in <module>
    main()
  File "/mnt/sda3/minetest-master-13/minetest-rivergen/bin/../mods/mapit/minetestmapper-numpy.py", line 1076, in main
    world.generate_sector_list()
  File "/mnt/sda3/minetest-master-13/minetest-rivergen/bin/../mods/mapit/minetestmapper-numpy.py", line 483, in generate_sector_list
    self.db = get_db(args)
  File "/mnt/sda3/minetest-master-13/minetest-rivergen/bin/../mods/mapit/minetestmapper-numpy.py", line 410, in get_db
    return SQLDB(args.world_dir + "map.sqlite")
  File "/mnt/sda3/minetest-master-13/minetest-rivergen/bin/../mods/mapit/minetestmapper-numpy.py", line 416, in __init__
    import sqlite3
ImportError: No module named sqlite3
mapit: Updated map for world

DSRTTRTS
In-game: monsteru

by DSRTTRTS » Post

hi guys, seems like this mod has been forgotten, is there any other way to make a bitmap of the world like this mod did? it just doesn't work on 4.16 :(

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Search for minetestmapper

EDIT: Found that program
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!