[Mod]mymonths[mymonths]

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

Re: [Mod]mymonths[mymonths]

by Don » Post

Great ideas. I might do that.
You can use the /date command to see the date but I really like the hud idea.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

u34

by u34 » Post

when I do a second /date command, I get following error message:

Code: Select all

2016-01-11 13:23:03: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mymo
nths' in callback on_chat_message(): ...n32\bin\..\games\minetest_next\mods\mymo
nths/command.lua:100: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'tt' (a nil value)
2016-01-11 13:23:03: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-01-11 13:23:03: ERROR[Main]:       ...n32\bin\..\games\minetest_next\mods\m
ymonths/command.lua:100: in function 'func'
2016-01-11 13:23:03: ERROR[Main]:       ...ts\minetest32\win32\bin\..\builtin\ga
me\chatcommands.lua:42: in function <...ts\minetest32\win32\bin\..\builtin\game\
chatcommands.lua:30>
2016-01-11 13:23:03: ERROR[Main]:       ...uments\minetest32\win32\bin\..\builti
n\game\register.lua:360: in function <...uments\minetest32\win32\bin\..\builtin\
game\register.lua:340>

u34

by u34 » Post

when i perform the /setday command something else than 1-14 f.e. monday I get following error message

Code: Select all

2016-01-11 13:44:22: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer granted (mymonths) privileges
to singleplayer
2016-01-11 13:44:51: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mymo
nths' in callback on_chat_message(): ...n32\bin\..\games\minetest_next\mods\mymo
nths/command.lua:76: attempt to compare number with nil
2016-01-11 13:44:51: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-01-11 13:44:51: ERROR[Main]:       ...n32\bin\..\games\minetest_next\mods\m
ymonths/command.lua:76: in function 'func'
2016-01-11 13:44:51: ERROR[Main]:       ...ts\minetest32\win32\bin\..\builtin\ga
me\chatcommands.lua:42: in function <...ts\minetest32\win32\bin\..\builtin\game\
chatcommands.lua:30>
2016-01-11 13:44:51: ERROR[Main]:       ...uments\minetest32\win32\bin\..\builti
n\game\register.lua:360: in function <...uments\minetest32\win32\bin\..\builtin\
game\register.lua:340>

Don

by Don » Post

I fixed the setday error.
I can't reproduce the problem with /date. I only had 1 cup of coffee so far. I will have another coffee and see if I can find the error.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

amadin

by amadin » Post

Rain falls only few seconds and sky is clear while it is raining. 0.4.13, installed ethereal mod

Don

by Don » Post

Because the weather is related to the nodes around you this mod will not work right with ethereal

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Provided it works fully, then +100. I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

Don

by Don » Post

Still have a few issues. Weather is still laggy. No one has come up with a solution for this yet. Besides that I don't know of any issues. Please report3any issues and I will try to fix them.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Cool, will do.

Keep up the good work, Don.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Last edited by amadin on Wed Dec 18, 2019 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

Don

by Don » Post

amadin wrote:
Don wrote:Because the weather is related to the nodes around you this mod will not work right with ethereal
If i will add nodes from ethereal to mymonths it will work right? Maybe reasonable rain fall for all nodes except snow? Because roads, buildings etc don't have rain now. Or use not nodes but biomes for rain and snow?
I just did some testing with Ethereal. The rain seems to work but is really laggy. Weather is laggy on it's own but with Ethereal it is worse. Not much I can do about that. It is an issue with particles.

The rain will work in most biomes of Ethereal. If you want to change the snow/jungle/desert biomes then open weather.lua and add nodes to lines 125 - 127.

You could also try adjusting the particles code for rain to see if you can make it work better. I played with it a bit but could not get it much better. Rain particle code is in weather.lua lines 221 - 229.

@philipbenr - Thanks

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

There is rain inside a house ( It rains 10-15 secons after going inside the home )
screenshot_20160114_161615.png
screenshot_20160114_161615.png (852 KiB) Viewed 719 times
And can u make rain more rare because the weather is rainy more then sunny.
or can you add options to settings.txt to set
1- how rare rain should be
2- how long should it lasts.
My Mods:

Beverage

Don

by Don » Post

The rain inside is usually because of lag.

I am planning on changing the amount of rain. I have been busy and haven't had time yet. I hope to do it soon.

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

I've added initial support for the thirsty mod, I think I have it set right, you should get thirstier in the summer months and less in the winter months, of course this will only happen if you are using the thirsty mod. I haven't tested it in a multi-player environment yet so it may not work on a server.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

@Nathan But you need equally as much water when it's cold as it is when it's hot. Getting less thirsty in the spring and fall would be more realistic.

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

@Benrob0329, right now the levels are probably set to levels that won't even be noticeable, so I need to tweak them more yet.
I'd think that realistically speaking the amount of water you need to drink is more dependent on what you do than seasons of the year and temperature, though of course if it is hot and you are sweating it will be necessary to replenish that water.
I'm waiting to hear back on how the thirst_factor from the thirsty mod works and will be updating the values when I hear on that. I wanted this feature more for my survive subgame but thought if I was going to code it I may as well contribute to the upstream source.

Don

by Don » Post

@ Nathan - Like what you did with thirst. +1
You could also check the time of day and require less water at night.

@ Benrod0329 - People usually require more water in warmer weather because they loose more through perspiration.

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

I suppose I could do that, though if people are playing singleplayer and use a bed to pass the night the thirst wouldn't be effected anyway.
Using the current code can't change the thirst from night to day, but I could try to add some type of multiplier code so the thirst factor is a little lower during night time hours.

Completely off topic, would anybody be interested in having flowers, grass, and mushrooms disappear for the fall and winter months? It would of course be a configurable effect. I was looking at the code for flowers and it looks like they have an ABM that controls their growth/spreading, after the they get placed as mapgen decorations so they should grow back. I do have to do a little testing to see when/how fast they grow back but I think it should work.

I will be adding support for the aspen trees as soon as I get a chance, they are in the daily builds, and will be in the next stable. I still want to get support for moretrees and valleys_mapgen. Actually with that being added in as a C++ mapgen I don't know if all the trees it adds will be added to default or not, I guess time will tell.

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

I am 95% sure that the integration with the thirst mod should be working for multiplayer.
If you have the thirsty mod enabled mymonths will automagically make players thirstier in the summer, and less thirsty in the winter. The thirst factor is set every morning so a player that connects will have the first day at default thirst levels. I don't know if there is anything that could be done to change their thirst factor upon joining, and furthermore I don't know if it would even be worth the trouble of coding as the changes aren't that drastic.

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

Well as it turns out the thirst integration I did crashed the game on singleplayer, and doubtless multiplayer too, so I've removed that for the time being.

I did add flowers dying in the fall/winter and growing in the spring, by default it is turned on, but can be turned off in the init.lua file with the rest of the settings.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Can players on public server see the same weather in one place (rain, snow) if raining only for non-snow areas and snow fall only for snow areas?

Don

by Don » Post

The players will see the same weather.

OldCoder

by OldCoder » Post

1. Presently, in the git version of MyMonths, if the month is set to December, leaves don't change to sticks. Instead, CONTENT_IGNORE error messages are printed.

This happens due to inconsistent naming of "sticks" nodes. To correct the problem, edit the file "leaves.lua" and do a global replace to change "stick_" to "sticks_" everywhere. Be sure to include the underscore in both strings.

The result is our picks for a fix that makes sticks right quicks. For the results, see the screenshot below.

2. As a separate issue, the following line in "init.lua" is presently outdated:

minetest.register_alias("mymonths:leaves_sticks", "default:leaves")

It should probably be replaced with the following two lines:

minetest.register_alias("mymonths:sticks_aspen", "default:leaves")
minetest.register_alias("mymonths:sticks_default", "default:leaves")

This assumes that the change in point #1 has been made.

Nathan.S

by Nathan.S » Post

Fixed and pushed.
Thanks for the heads up.

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

Testing this with chat command "date"

2016-03-08 09:49:26: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mymonths' in callback on_chat_message(): ...r\Desktop\Minetest 4.13\bin\..\mods\mymonths/command.lua:129: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'tt' (a nil value)
2016-03-08 09:49:26: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-03-08 09:49:26: ERROR[Main]: ...r\Desktop\Minetest 4.13\bin\..\mods\mymonths/command.lua:129: in function 'func'
2016-03-08 09:49:26: ERROR[Main]: ...sktop\Minetest 4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\chatcommands.lua:42: in function <...sktop\Minetest 4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\chatcommands.lua:30>
2016-03-08 09:49:26: ERROR[Main]: ...r\Desktop\Minetest 4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:361: in function <...r\Desktop\Minetest 4.13\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:341>