[Server] Xanadu

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

Re: Xanadu Server

by Kilarin » Post

Einszone wrote:So, I hope that you, dear admins and moderators, will make the real survival server (for example, like the Clip server was, without unbalanced lava-proof crystal armor) or finally turn it to creative mod (or whatever it called).
There should not be the "hybrids".
Not at all certain what "incident" you are talking about. But your comment above seems to misunderstand the entire point of having different servers. It's one thing to say "I don't LIKE that kind of server," its something else entirely to say they should not exist. Obviously some people like them, that's why they exist. If you don't, find somewhere else to play that is more to your tastes. That's why we HAVE multiple playgrounds.

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

Yikes, just caught up on the incident.

Sheesh, how shameful Einszone! That is like saying that you didn't like the fact that someone was playing flag football AT THEIR HOUSE and invited you to join. So when you decided to leave you set the flags on fire and beat up some of the players.

You behaved like a jerk. Trying to pretend it was some kind of well needed "lesson" is a disgusting lack of responsibility. I am really sorry to find this out about you.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

Einszone wrote:I am so tired and bored. That's why i didn't tell you about that glitch. I was waiting a lot for someone who could catch me cloning items and finally i waited. Hope I harm you not a lot.
but if the glitch is not visible, how did you expect to be found?
if someone flys without fly privs, it's clear that he is a hacker, but you had the fly priv.
i only wondered why you had it, but not the purple boots, since the boots cone before the privs...
but i noticed the same on the player "Hallo" so i thought that it was some special favour.

if you really wanted to be found, just waiting is not very efficient.
you should have placed hints, or set it up like some twisted game.
like Prof. Moriarty would do it.

at first i actually believed that, but your later post with the complaints about the mix-up of survival and building somehow breaks your previous statements. it reminds me on the discussions about the free building rules and all the other dramas we had before.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Einszone wrote:After more than 1 year of playing on this server, i decided to leave the game and concentrate to my real life.
If thats the case, why did you make new accounts after getting limited to stir up some more trouble? :)
That doesn't look like concentrating on real life to me.

All you are is just an average internet troll who got bored.

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Bonny, for you!

Have fun, noob101

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

noob101 wrote:Bonny, for you!

Have fun, noob101
Noob, for you!
for making me drool and want cupcakes so bad right now >:(
Last edited by Bonny on Thu Jan 28, 2016 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

-deleted- accidentally double posted

noob101

by noob101 » Post

Owww, great. Give bonny no cupcakes - she slaps you. Give her cupcakes she slaps you too -.-

We will have to settle that in-game. Have fun, noob101

firefox

by firefox » Post

noobert-kun: you can borrow my Slapping Willow Tree from the Hidden Ninja Village to settle this.
it is just a s good with slapping as bonny-chan is.
but it has more than just 2 arms, so it slaps much faster ;)

good luck =(^.^)=

(sorry bon-chan, this one time i am not on your side :P )
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

I guess duplicating items is the new trend now.
Admin found 2 stacks of nyan cat heads from theFishy chests, also much more other stuff.

Also Prix had over 3 stacks of mese wings. Uhh, what a day.

So disappointing, whats the fun in cheating.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Long explanation:
A lot. It's a variation of the human curiosity instinct actually. The need to get the feel of every single thing in the universe. The same thing that drives people to drugs and tobacco. Though cheating in a VIDEO GAME ought not be as serious as the former.

Medium explanation:
Deal with it. If people can try such things as drugs and cigarettes, then cheating in a video game ought to be much easier.

Short explanation:
Deal with it.

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:I guess duplicating items is the new trend now.
Admin found 2 stacks of nyan cat heads from theFishy chests, also much more other stuff.

Also Prix had over 3 stacks of mese wings. Uhh, what a day.

So disappointing, whats the fun in cheating.
Does the source of the item duplication exploit has been found? If so, the best thing would be too apply a patch to disable that ASAP. Also, can the solution for it published in the forums? It would help other servers out there.

Don't be surprised, when it comes to video games, many dedicate their time to find exploits or faults in them. Some find satisfaction in pushing the limits :P
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

firefox

by firefox » Post

Esteban wrote: Does the source of the item duplication exploit has been found? If so, the best thing would be too apply a patch to disable that ASAP. Also, can the solution for it published in the forums? It would help other servers out there.
+1

last year a stack of sand was duplicated when the server crashed while i was moving it from my inventory to a chest.
after re-logging, the sand existed in my inventory and the chest.
kinda like the duplication glitch from the very first pokemon games.

but if that is the method it would require lots of crashing to create so many nyancats and other stuff.
so maybe the method is similar to the hacked clients who can use fly and noclip.
maybe they can somehow edit their player files to smuggle things into their inventory ...
-> or it is the same method as the fly and noclip hacks, but for the /giveme command.

there is another thread about hacked clients.
it doesn't have any solutions, but apparently some people know how use hacked clients ...
maybe they also know how to deal with them?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9266
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

firefox wrote:last year a stack of sand was duplicated when the server crashed
Last year many full chests of sand were duplicated... after Ten placed a million of them and I had to dig em back up. ;)

firefox wrote:would require lots of crashing to create so many nyancats
The quantity would double with each crash. You start with 1, after crash you have 2, after next crash you have 4, then 8... After 10 crashes you'd have 1024 items. The problem is timing, you'd have to be extremely lucky to perform this that many times exactly when the server is crashing, unless you know how to crash the server... Does the server still crash a lot like it did last year? If so, has stability improved any since banning all the dupers?

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Duplicators weren't using crash to double their items.
I really dont wanna say outloud in chat how the duplicating was possible,
incase the glitch will be back again.
But at this moment, the duplication glitch has been fixed, and it shouldnt be possible anymore.

But it was bad glitch... You could double anything you are holding with 1 second.

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

First Ice and her marriage with Igor... and now bonny :D

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

first it was ice, then me and now finally phi
id like to introduce you phi and her three husbands jack, david and andrew
enjoy :D

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

What happened to the "no dating" rule? Haha

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

This wasn't a surprise to me. Hell, I expect more than this!

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

firefox

by firefox » Post

Phiwari123 wrote:Image
shame on you, ice! how can you do that to Igor-chan?

✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

noob101

by noob101 » Post

Hahaha, firefox! Myster looks good afk!

Have fun, noob101

myster
In-game: myster

by myster » Post

Wait, everyone else has a mustache and I have a beard?? *trims beard into mustache*
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

firefox

by firefox » Post

myster wrote:Wait, everyone else has a mustache and I have a beard?? *trims beard into mustache*
i thought you would look nicer with a santa beard =(^.^)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

theFishy
In-game: IronFish

by theFishy » Post

Hello all,
I just now read the recent posts, I also haven’t been on Minetest in a while. You all are probably disgusted with me, and I understand. Because I haven’t played in a while I’m not sure what action was taken. Have I been limited, banned? Whatever it was, I understand that that you guys were just doing your job.
Now, I have a good explanation for some things, yet, for others, I must admit I was in the wrong. the nyan heads, along with rainbows that were found in my chest were pretty much not honestly harvested. That’s very easy to guess, considering how rare those items are. :) The glitch, which I’m not sure is the one Einszone used, I discovered right before Einz was caught. Due to the fact that this glitch may become a problem again in the future, I won't explain the exact details :) I discovered it after falling into a deep pit protected by a random player. I had no winged boots on me, so I tried pillering out with sand. Later, after having realized the sand had duplicated, I went back with, you guessed it, nyans.
The moment I discovered the glitch I should have reported it and turned in the counterfeit nyans, but failed to do so (which I now realize, was a huge mistake). The fact that I took advantage of a glitch and reproduced items to my benefit is definitely enough to get me banned.
As for the other items, like the diamonds, mese, and such, those were gathered honestly. But because of the fact that I have been suspected of hacking in the past (which, I must add, was all a big misunderstanding, and was completely resolved) anything I say in my defense you guys will have a hard time believing. Of course, that’s my fault. :) So, with everything said concerning the nyans, I am 100% guilty. Also, other items such as NPCs which were no doubt found, were also duplicated, though by complete ACCIDENT. The issue with items duplicating due to crashes was the cause. Many times I’ve moved items from inventory to chest, and vice versa, and the items duplicated from a crash moments after (I can recall many times; a diamond axe, a mese wing, a couple tomatoes, etc.) I had already about 40 some NPCs in my possession, (gathered by means 100% honest, including legal sales) and those cloned due to a crash. Perhaps I should have turned them over to a admin, I dunno.

With all this said, I am guilty. In a couple cases I cheated, and deserve complete and total ban. I realize I have caused much disturbance, and am sorry for any headache I have given you moderators and admins. I won’t be able to play MT for a little while, so again, if I’ve been limited or banned, I understand, and thank you for putting me in my place. :)
All items besides the nyan cats, nyan rainbows and perhaps the NPCs, I earned honestly, through a lot of time, sweat and blood, so to speak (again, I understand if you all think I’m one big lier :D) The glitch was fixed, so there was no chance to duplicate anything else.

Thank ya’ll for lending an ear, or in this case, an eye. :P Carry on building, Xanadu ;)

P.S.
Prix was discovered with three stacks of wings, I’m not sure how he got his hands on them, because the glitch I discovered had to do with placing items.

P.P.S.
All nyan heads and rainbows sold to players from my shop were not counterfeits. So customers of mine can rest in peace :)

~theFishy