[Mod] Teleport Potion [1.3] [teleport_potion]

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

[Mod] Teleport Potion [1.3] [teleport_potion]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Teleporters make things all too easy when it comes to travelling, so how about a Teleport Potion you have to craft using a Glass Bottle and four diamonds that you enchant with it's destination by using it on location, then placing on the ground to open a blue flame portal for 10 seconds (caution: blue flame may sting a bit)... Potions can also be thrown so you teleport to it's landing location... Teleport Pads can also be crafted and enchanted in the same manner but wont close afterwars although this does cost you in crafting :)

ContentDB: https://content.minetest.net/packages/T ... ort_potion

License: MIT

Lucky Blocks: 4
Spoiler

Code: Select all

B = Glass Bottle, D = Diamond, M = Mese Block, G = Glass, P = Teleport Potion

Potion:     Pad:
+-+-+-+     +-+-+-+
| |D| |     |P|G|P|
+-+-+-+     +-+-+-+
|D|B|D|     |G|M|G|
+-+-+-+     +-+-+-+
| |D| |     |P|G|P|
+-+-+-+     +-+-+-+
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (8.52 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
Last edited by TenPlus1 on Mon Oct 09, 2023 17:42, edited 29 times in total.

mining4rocksallday

Re: Teleport Potion mod 0.1

by mining4rocksallday » Post

You should note that this mod requires the "Ethereal" mod with it. I've tried it without "Ethereal" and I got a world full of stone blocks. (I've tried all mapgen versions)

Edit: My mistake, I think my game has gotten corrupted somehow. I tested it again, and it works fine. My mistake
Last edited by mining4rocksallday on Sun May 04, 2014 21:05, edited 2 times in total.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I've tested this mod with v6, indev, v7 maps and it works perfectly with all... It's only dependency is DEFAULT as it only uses diamondblock and glass bottles for crafting... I've re-uploaded the .zip file incase it was corrupt...

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Teleport Potion [0.3] [teleport_potion]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Added Teleport Pads by demand which have a more expensive recipe but stay put and can even be protected from other players trying to change destination coords...

satchwell

by satchwell » Post

I am unsure about how to set the destination coordinates. Could you explain at more length how a player, having crafted a teleport pad, would use it to travel to a remote place of their choosing.
Is it 'place the pad, and right click on it to enter coordinates'?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Exactly that, place the pad, right-click and enter whole numbers only... e.g. 300,20,100 or -200,-400,100 etc

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Quick code tidy and fixed sounds so they work on either end of the teleport...

yang2003
GitHub: yang2003
IRC: yang2003
In-game: yang2003

[Mod] Teleport Potion [0.3] [teleport_potion]

by yang2003 » Post

How to craft it

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Teleport Potion [0.4] [teleport_potion]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated to 0.4 and added particle effects when opening portal and teleporting at other end... Also uses static_spawnpoint as default coords now...

linushsao
IRC: linushsao
In-game: linus

by linushsao » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:I've tested this mod with v6, indev, v7 maps and it works perfectly with all... It's only dependency is DEFAULT as it only uses diamondblock and glass bottles for crafting... I've re-uploaded the .zip file incase it was corrupt...
i had try this mod,i'm sure it only depends on DEFAULT.

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Teleport Potion [0.5] [teleport_potion]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated to version 0.5:
  • Potions are now throwable (kinda like ender pearls)
  • Potion recipe has changed (cheaper on diamonds)

wilkgr76
GitHub: wilkgr76

by wilkgr76 » Post

yang2003 wrote:How to craft it
Read the post!
TenPlus1 wrote:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

B = Glass Bottle, D = Diamond, M = Mese Block, G = Glass, P = Teleport Potion

Potion:     Pad:
+-+-+-+     +-+-+-+
| |D| |     |P|G|P|
+-+-+-+     +-+-+-+
|D|G|D|     |G|M|G|
+-+-+-+     +-+-+-+
| |D| |     |P|G|P|
+-+-+-+     +-+-+-+
N/A

ufa

by ufa » Post

Hello,
I think it would be better if the transport pad left a two way link (back and forth). The way it is, when you reach destination, you have to go all the way back.
the way it is now, I think using potions is better than teleport pad, because you will have to walk/dig a lot anyway.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

ufa wrote:Hello,
I think it would be better if the transport pad left a two way link (back and forth). The way it is, when you reach destination, you have to go all the way back.
the way it is now, I think using potions is better than teleport pad, because you will have to walk/dig a lot anyway.
you can just make a second pad at the destination of the first pad.
if you use the same route more than 4 times, the pad is cheaper than the potion.
connecting 2 pads with each other to allow travelling in both directions makes the mod more complicated (like other teleport mods). this one is designed to be as simple as possible to avoid lag.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

ufa

by ufa » Post

firefox wrote:
ufa wrote:Hello,
you can just make a second pad at the destination of the first pad.
if you use the same route more than 4 times, the pad is cheaper than the potion.
connecting 2 pads with each other to allow travelling in both directions makes the mod more complicated (like other teleport mods). this one is designed to be as simple as possible to avoid lag.
I have just realised that you can reprogram the pad. That's great. Thanks

CuriousNoob

by CuriousNoob » Post

Hi @ TenPlus1 :)

Three things...

[ 1 ]

Firstly, please accept another expression of massive respect and sincere thanks for all the time and expertise you've put into enriching this lovely game-engine, and into the Ethereal world itself.

I've really enjoyed it so far, exploring and experimenting, digging dilligently, constantly learning, even RTFM on the Forum and Wikis :D --- hopefully with a view to eventually setting up a safe offline local server for the younger members in my family. A Fedora/KDE user for a few years, but finally tired enough of their sudden large changes breaking everything, I've been looking at other distros --- including browsing/auditioning their 'Available Software' in a way I've not done for a few years. That's where I stumbled across Minetest. I'd heard mentions of the mining/building phenomenon on BBC Click, but this is my first actual contact with a real game. From the public-server-list, Xanadu was probably the third I logged into, and from Spawn to Noob-Area it clicked, just felt right. I realise that's testament to all current and previous players and programmers.

Mindful of this and my own naivety, when online, in-game, I've tried to be low-maintenance, quietly poring over Crafting-Guides and Wikis and GitHub READMEs rather than disturbing existing players with the same old newbie-questions they've probably heard a gazillion times before. And truth be told, I find the in-game scrolling-chat very hard to see and keep up with, let alone actually typing conversations. Hence, apologies to any and all who may have tried to interact and I simply haven't realised. :( sigh...

Secondly and thirdly, these Teleport Recipes:

[ 2 ]

Small typo, it shows a G-glass instead of a B-bottle in the centre of the Potion recipe-grid.

[ 3 ]

But lastly the big thing that actually prompted my posting here : the Teleport Pad recipe.

I've finally dug all the necessary ingredients, placed them in the Crafting-Grid, but zilch, no output.

Here on this page it shows four P-potion and four G-glass round a central M-mese.

P-potion G-glass P-potion / G-glass M-meseblock G-glass / P-potion G-glass P-potion --- it just doesn't craft a Pad for me.

There's no help (or even mention of the Pad) in the in-game Crafting-Guide either, although IIRC that's not unique to this item.

I tried variations of placement and ingredients, but still nothing.

I'd never even heard of Lua before, although I'm just about okay in Bash, so, in the community-spirit of Open-Source, trying to be dilligent and helpful, I even glanced inside the GitHub init.lua to see if there were any clues or obvious typos --- but, apart from the single-quotes double-quotes mixed-usage in the recipe-declaration, nothing jumped out.

So, all in all, I've drawn a blank. Hence this post.

My client's regular 0.4.12 from Fedora.

Can you shed any light please...?

Many Thanks

Curious :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Thanks for the kind words and noticing the typo in the recipe... If you are playing on Xanadu server then the teleport pad recipe has been disabled on purpose for admin use only, and also so that players need to use the 1-time-use teleport potions by either placing and entering coordinates or throwing for a local teleport.

CuriousNoob

by CuriousNoob » Post

Aha, that would explain it, thank you. Yes, the Xanadu world.

Of course, the flipside being : 'awwwww, nooooo, all my next-step plans dashed to pieces on a flawed premise, while simultaneously wasting all my hard-dug diamonds which could have been used for tools!!!' ... * slumps, head in hands, sobbing * ... LOL

Seriously though, as a long-time Open-Source advocate I've often encountered this situation where publicly-available docs and info, findable via the search-engines, differ somewhat from the reality on the ground --- either inaccurate or unclear or incomplete or out-of-date. Frequently, all of the above. Eeek!

So, before wasting too much more time thrashing about in ignorance, probably good to ask :

Is there any page anywhere I've not seen yet, listing current info with exactly what's enabled or disabled in Xanadu, a bit like the 'about:config' pages in Firefox..?

Or a GitHub or repo mirroring the current config-files which I can look at..?

I know typing '/mods' gives a basic list of names but no detail --- is there any generic or Xanadu-specific in-game way to query exactly which Versions and Features and Settings are current in a world..?

Can it be done, or am I alone and barking up empty trees here..?

Thanks again,

Curious :)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

CuriousNoob: Xanadu server uses mosty optimized mods that differ from the basic downloadable one's, has no lava buckets, no teleport pads, no tnt and no xpanes, but everything else should be there with many added extras :) Don't be scared to ask questions on the server itself.

CuriousNoob

by CuriousNoob » Post

Ah, okay, fair enough, thanks for that. Much to see, much to learn, I certainly will ask, :) ...

That said, I really do have difficulties with the in-game chat on the server itself --- eyesight issues plus excruciatingly slow typing, as a patient player called Nikoli can testify all too well, LOL. Truth be told I don't actually even see the chat when my focus is in the centre, monitor-resolution being a big factor, and I haven't seen a way to change text-size.

But yes, I will ask in future, thanks :) --- maybe I should add them to the Xanadu or Ethereal threads...

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

CuriousNoob: Download and install the latest 0.4.13 daily build (unstable) for your system and look through the new settings tab to set font and sizes for ingame text :)

CuriousNoob

Re: In-Game Text Settings

by CuriousNoob » Post

TenPlus1 : Thanks for the pointer. I'll try that :o) ... but only after the enforced-break I'm gonna have to take :o\ ... what with Minetest's steady 5 kbs and auditioning the new distros (presently setting up Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa KDE) my bandwidth-quota has pretty-much disappeared, so it'll be essentials-only, extremely frugal internet until the 15th when the new quota kicks in. Once again though, sincere thanks for your friendly and helpful responsiveness as a developer. :)

xeranas

by xeranas » Post

Default coordinates for pad should fallback to player or pad itself position (if static_spawnpoint fails) otherwise by accident could be teleported to {x = 0, y = 2, z = 0} which can be solid blocks. Or even better test if target location has space for player before each teleport.

TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Teleport Potion [0.6] [teleport_potion]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated to 0.6:

- Tweaked and tidied code
- Added map_generation_limit's to coordinates (no bigger than map)
- Default coords are potion/pad position when placed

wilkgr76
GitHub: wilkgr76

Re: [Mod] Teleport Potion [0.6] [teleport_potion]

by wilkgr76 » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Updated to 0.6:

- Tweaked and tidied code
- Added map_generation_limit's to coordinates (no bigger than map)
- Default coords are potion/pad position when placed
Make your 1500th post count! (I think this was your 1499th post)
N/A