Error with water

quartzhagen

Error with water

by quartzhagen » Post

Hello,

Firstt of all I would like to thank all developers of this project for their work. I eally enjoy playing this game and building the strangest ideas possible.
Unfortunately since a recent update to minetestc55 201204121205-0~1510~oneiric1 I have a strange graphical error occuring the Rendering of source blocks of liquids. They become invisible, or to be more precise, the surface is not being rendered in the right place. Here's a screenshot so you can see what i mean.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Set Opaque Water to off, that may work
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

If you used the "new_style_water" option in minetest.conf, disable it - it's currently broken. Also you should try a self-compiled version to see if this happens.

quartzhagen

by quartzhagen » Post

Calinou wrote:If you used the "new_style_water" option in minetest.conf, disable it - it's currently broken. Also you should try a self-compiled version to see if this happens.
Thanks Calinou, that fixed my problem.
just out of interest: Are there plans to restore the functionality of new_style_water?

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

Maybe... but anyway the effect isn't very visible (and the performance took an arrow in the knee, when using it). It was quite buggy, too.