Re: [Mod] Technic [0.4.11] [technic]

by mbb » Post

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) very good mod
cdb_2fcfab1b41f9

ShadowAce

by ShadowAce » Post

Assistance or advice required!

I am trying to automate some crafting. I would like to have a chest full of some item, which then gets automatically pulled/pushed to a furnace, when then pushes it out to another chest:

chest 1 --> injector --> furnace --> chest 2

I have the furnace to chest 2 working fine using the control logic units. How do I load up the furnace from chest 1, though? I've tried using a "Itemwise Filter Injector" but it only works if I hit it. I don't want to stand around all day hitting it. I just want it to activate when there is something in chest 1.

DoyleChris
In-game: DoyleChris

by DoyleChris » Post

You need a blinky plant from Mesecons to send a signal to the injector.

blackjack

by blackjack » Post

I found a bug around the technic mod. Have not seen any previous note about that.

I used MV technic machines with batteries or control logic units in the upgrade slots.
When digging the machine, the item drop causes minetest game crash.
Anyone else having the same issue?

Happened with battery boxes, centrifuges and others.
Best regards
blackjack

RealBadAngel

by RealBadAngel » Post

blackjack wrote:I found a bug around the technic mod. Have not seen any previous note about that.

I used MV technic machines with batteries or control logic units in the upgrade slots.
When digging the machine, the item drop causes minetest game crash.
Anyone else having the same issue?

Happened with battery boxes, centrifuges and others.
Make sure you have up to date game (current dev) and pipeworks.

blackjack

by blackjack » Post

RealBadAngel wrote: Make sure you have up to date game (current dev) and pipeworks.
I will double check that and respond asap.
Thought, it was the latest, but we will see ...
If problem still persists, I'll attach the log output aswell.
Best regards
blackjack

blackjack

by blackjack » Post

yes, I've latest game and mod versions and problem still occurs:

2016-01-23 17:08:46: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer digs technic:mv_centrifuge at (-139,57,-521)
2016-01-23 17:08:46: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: Lua: Runtime error from mod 'technic' in callback node_on_dig(): ...e/minetest-git/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:347: attempt to call method 'is_player' (a nil value)
2016-01-23 17:08:46: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-01-23 17:08:46: ERROR[Main]: ...e/minetest-git/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:347: in function 'item_drop'
2016-01-23 17:08:46: ERROR[Main]: ...../mods/technic/technic/machines/register/common.lua:160: in function 'after_dig_node'
2016-01-23 17:08:46: ERROR[Main]: ...e/minetest-git/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:490: in function <...e/minetest-git/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/item.lua:437>
2016-01-23 17:08:46: ERROR[Main]: (tail call): ?

That was a centrifuge with a battery in the upgrade slot.
When there's nothing in the upgrade slot, everything's fine.
Best regards
blackjack

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

blackjack

by blackjack » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:maybe it's the same problem pipeworks had
I think it's similar to the pipeworks problem, but in this case for the upgrade slots and not for the inventory slots.
Best regards
blackjack

Kociak
In-game: kociak

by Kociak » Post

Regarding supply converters:
I don't know why but after doing some real circuits I assume that a supply converter is an equivalent of a transformer.
Real transformers have so-caled turns ratio, so output voltage = 1/n * input voltage. So an in-game supply converter could be a transformer with a ratio of 10.
The same goes for current, with an efficiency of about 99% (as wikipedia says). But an interesting thing is that unloaded transformer will use that remaining 1% of input power. Well, ok. Math works.
But - why does the supply converter use 1000 energy units wether it is loaded or not? This means we have an efficiency of 90% - 10000 units go in, 9000 go out. This is really annoying when you have city-wide power grid with a centrifuge stack. Input is HV from solar or nuclear plant (like in real life), then we have MV stage, and finally LV. And there is a number of suply converters. Huge number.

The question is: Why there is a limit on the EU for a single converter? Why don't just assume the forementioned efficiency (be it either 10% or 1%, whatever), so a single supply converter could pass hundreds of EU with a minimal loss? We could put 10 EU into a converter and get 9 from the output, with the same principle scaling to hundreds of thousands EU in a single unit. Of course there could be a limit of like 100000EU per unit, like there are 100kW transformers that are essentially a meter-wide boxes.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Instead of using supply converters, you can use pipeworks.
Just transport the energy in a crystal from one to the other battery box.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Kociak

by Kociak » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:Instead of using supply converters, you can use pipeworks.
Just transport the energy in a crystal from one to the other battery box.
Looks like a long way around but works. In an abstract way :D

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

Kociak wrote:Regarding supply converters:
I don't know why but after doing some real circuits I assume that a supply converter is an equivalent of a transformer.
Real transformers have so-caled turns ratio, so output voltage = 1/n * input voltage. So an in-game supply converter could be a transformer with a ratio of 10.
The same goes for current, with an efficiency of about 99% (as wikipedia says). But an interesting thing is that unloaded transformer will use that remaining 1% of input power. Well, ok. Math works.
But - why does the supply converter use 1000 energy units wether it is loaded or not? This means we have an efficiency of 90% - 10000 units go in, 9000 go out. This is really annoying when you have city-wide power grid with a centrifuge stack. Input is HV from solar or nuclear plant (like in real life), then we have MV stage, and finally LV. And there is a number of suply converters. Huge number.

The question is: Why there is a limit on the EU for a single converter? Why don't just assume the forementioned efficiency (be it either 10% or 1%, whatever), so a single supply converter could pass hundreds of EU with a minimal loss? We could put 10 EU into a converter and get 9 from the output, with the same principle scaling to hundreds of thousands EU in a single unit. Of course there could be a limit of like 100000EU per unit, like there are 100kW transformers that are essentially a meter-wide boxes.
There was a long discussion about that, and converters previously worked that way. However, it caused batteries following converters never to charge, so it was changed so that a converter would convert a fixed energy rate.

You can read the discussion here if you want:
https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/issues/225
https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/issues/56
https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/issues/91

MangleFox70
GitHub: Cat5TV
IRC: MangleFox70
In-game: MangleFox70

by MangleFox70 » Post

When Technic is enabled, after some players have built some cool machines, Minetest just crashes and crashes. I have no choice but to disable Technic, at which time Minetest runs just fine.

I'm running the latest git version of *everything*... Minetest, mesecons, technic... all my mods....

The errors are often different depending on what was built, but here's an example from tonight:

2016-02-23 22:14:43: ERROR[Main]: ...minetest/mods/technic/technic/machines/HV/quarry.lua:153: in function 'technic_run'
2016-02-23 22:14:43: ERROR[Main]: .../mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:225: in function 'run_nodes'
2016-02-23 22:14:43: ERROR[Main]: .../mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:231: in function <.../mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:177>

Any help that can be provided would be GREATLY appreciated (our players LOVE the mod).

Thanks!!
#ThePixelShadow on YouTube
A Weekly Minetest Webcast hosted by MangleFox70
Have a mod you'd like featured? Want to participate in our show? Join servers.minetest.tv Port 30000 for creative or 30001 for survival.
Upload your own skin via our web site: Minetest.TV

luizrpgluiz
IRC: luizrpgluiz
In-game: luizinho

by luizrpgluiz » Post

Error in Mods and Technic :(

15:50:12: ERROR[main]: ServerError: ...loads\minetest-0.4.11-win32\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: attempt to index local 'dropper' (a nil value)
15:50:12: ERROR[main]: stack traceback:
15:50:12: ERROR[main]: ...loads\minetest-0.4.11-win32\bin\..\builtin\game\item.lua:338: in function 'item_drop'
15:50:12: ERROR[main]: ...st-0.4.11-win32\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/item_transport.lua:252: in function 'on_step'
15:50:12: ERROR[main]: ...inetest-0.4.11-win32\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:347: in function <...inetest-0.4.11-win32\bin\..\mods\pipeworks/luaentity.lua:312>
15:50:12: ERROR[main]: ...s\minetest-0.4.11-win32\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:348: in function <...s\minetest-0.4.11-win32\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:336>
15:50:21: INFO: event_handler(): Ctrl+C, Close Event, Logoff Event or Shutdown Event, shutting down.
cdb_HTWLEyTsySH8

MangleFox70

by MangleFox70 » Post

Update:
What I've found is this: https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/pull/257

So instead of proposing the actual fix to bones mod, asl97 only stated that is where the problem lies.

I have cross referenced my logs and indeed see it occurs when the quarry reaches a dead player's bones.

Can anyone actually provide a fix for bones? https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... mods/bones

If yes, perhaps I can get Technic back up and running...

Thank you!! Sorry I don't know LUA yet so I really am depending on the community with this one.
Have a mod you'd like featured? Want to participate in our show? Join servers.minetest.tv Port 30000 for creative or 30001 for survival.

mtmodder148
GitHub: MT-Modder
In-game: mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

I posted a PR here: https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/pull/874
Should fix these issues.

MangleFox70

by MangleFox70 » Post

mtmodder148 wrote:I posted a PR here: https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/pull/874
Should fix these issues.
Where's the "virtual high five" button around here? Thanks so much! Can't wait to implement this and test it out!

Much appreciated!

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

Np. Please let me know if it worked. I've never used a quarry machine and I don't even know how to set one up. (I'm not asking how, I know there are explanations throughout the forum when I need them XD.)

MangleFox70

by MangleFox70 » Post

dkelley810 and MangleFox70 are about to test it... she's jumping off the edge of his quarry...

UPDATE - IT WORKED!

Thank you SO much! Technic enabled, and we tested with bones in a quarry, and the quarry ate them up no problem!

WONDERFUL!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

Sweet, your welcome. Beware locked chests have the same issue/code. Anything that uses default-like "ownership" will cause issues. This includes steel doors. I'll fix those issues too.

The problem is consistent: They all assume the player is the one digging.

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

MangleFox70 wrote:and the quarry ate them up no problem!
Were they "owned"? If so they should have been skipped over.

MangleFox70

by MangleFox70 » Post

Thanks mtmodder148 - once you release those fixes too, please let us know.

As far as the quarry goes, it seems the quarry simply kept going and then the bones "re-appeared" after a few minutes. Key point: server didn't crash :)

Thanks again! Great work. Make sure you pop onto our server sometime to say hey, and see the fruits of your labour ;)

mtmodder148

by mtmodder148 » Post

That's great...it works all around. The quarry machine doesn't own the bones so it tries to dig them but fails like it would for any other player.

Here is the PR with shortened code and more fixes: https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/pull/875

I'll be sure to check out your server...been a while since I played online.

Kociak

by Kociak » Post

Nore wrote: There was a long discussion about that, and converters previously worked that way. However, it caused batteries following converters never to charge, so it was changed so that a converter would convert a fixed energy rate.

You can read the discussion here if you want:
https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/issues/225
https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/issues/56
https://github.com/minetest-technic/technic/issues/91
OK, so as a workaround I made two nodes by copying some code: Supply Converter (High Power) and it's nemesis - Supply Converter (Low Power). They convert 100k and 1k of EU respectively with the same efficiency (like 1000EU in, 900EU out). And it seems to work well, as batteries discharge in a slower rate...