26%
No
74%

Total votes: 38

Tom
IRC: Tom-s

Re: Old-timer MT lovers (4 years on)

by Tom » Post

The memories come back. Thank you for the topic Fixer! ;) See you all in game.

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

man its been ages since I've logged onto the forum. This post makes me miss gamebooms server.

stormchaser3000
GitHub: stormchaser3000

by stormchaser3000 » Post

i came on the first time. when 0.4.6 was released. but the first version i played was an old build of 0.0.1. and that was back when i used windows 8 as my main OS

EDIT: might not have been 4 years ago but still

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

stormchaser3000 wrote:i came on the first time. when 0.4.6 was released. but the first version i played was an old build of 0.0.1. and that was back when i used windows 8 as my main OS

EDIT: might not have been 4 years ago but still
I started playing because of my daughter. You was one of the first to make her welcome. That was over 2 years ago.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

I don't remember when I started playing the game. Could have been 2012? Before that, I did build on an MC classic server, but modding wasn't really possible there. The first regular MT servers I came across where Redcrab and Calinous server (continued to exist for a while as hosted by OldCoder). One of the first things I did there was fall into a pit and cry for help :) The first singleplayer world was explored without knowing about the fast priv. It's great that many of the early people are still there!
A list of my mods can be found here.

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Post

I thought of something that might be of interest...

Here's the first ever map rendition of the c55.me server (back then actually celeron.55.lt). It was generated right on the next day (2011-05-30) after the first version of minetestmapper was published by J0gge (2011-05-29) on the finnish IRC channel:
29/21:41<@J0gge> tässäpä nyt tämä kentänpiirtopaske, jos sitä joku haluu ihmetellä: http://jtj.dy.fi:1234/minetestmapper.zip
It seems I published a copy here if someone wants to check it out: http://c55.me/random/2011-05/minetestmapper.tar.gz

The second one is Kray's tsundere.fi server map which was generated later on the same day.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Found my house on tsundere

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

In the first singleplayer world I started in minetest, I spawned facing a forest, on a beach, behind me there was a floating dungeon. When I went inside it, a dungeon master was there and everything exploded.
That was a fun thing.