[Mod] Extra TNT blast effects [tnt_extras]

red-001
GitHub: red-001
IRC: red-001

[Mod] Extra TNT blast effects [tnt_extras]

by red-001 » Post

This mod adds extra TNT blast effects. It changes stone like nodes into gravel or rarely into lava source blocks, sand-like blocks into glass fragments and makes obsidian, obsidian brick, mese and diamond blocks resistant to TNT(they will still get damaged but only rarely)

If you have any ideas/suggestions post them here, make a Github issue or let me know on IRC
License
This mod is released under WTFPL
Dependencies
Required: default, vessels, nyancat (in default game)
Optional: xdecor
Download
Browse the Github repository
Download form Github

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

Re: [mod]Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by Desour » Post

That is a really good idea, but brick is made by a Person, you should add obsidian cobble or handle it like mese block
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

red-001

by red-001 » Post

DS-minetest, good idea. I have added it.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

This is something that should have been in default long ago, at least now its a mod!

Thanks red-001!

TailsTheFoxDoes MT
In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Post

red-001 wrote:This mod adds extra TNT blast effects. It changes stone like nodes into gravel or rarely into lava source blocks, sand-like blocks into glass fragments and makes obsidian, obsidian brick, mese and diamond blocks resistant to TNT(they will still get damaged but only rarely)

If you have any ideas/suggestions post them here, make a Github issue or let me know on IRC
License
Download
Download form Github
Can you make it have this cool dropping effect that normally applies to Minecraft, so basically, it jumps up a little off of the block it is on and starts blinking and then explodes, can you make it do that, or is there another mod that has the effect i'm talking about.
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote: Can you make it have this cool dropping effect that normally applies to Minecraft, so basically, it jumps up a little off of the block it is on and starts blinking and then explodes, can you make it do that, or is there another mod that has the effect i'm talking about.
I think red-001 and me will be overhauling the TNT mod in the upcoming period... This effect is one of the things we may indeed add.

red-001

by red-001 » Post

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:
Can you make it have this cool dropping effect that normally applies to Minecraft, so basically, it jumps up a little off of the block it is on and starts blinking and then explodes, can you make it do that, or is there another mod that has the effect I'm talking about.
I will think about it, but it might mean copying large parts of the TNT source code. It should be easier to do it in the (hopefully) near future when TNT finally has an API, I am currently working on a pull request to minetest game to add that.

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

TailsTheFoxDoes MT wrote:
red-001 wrote:This mod adds extra TNT blast effects. It changes stone like nodes into gravel or rarely into lava source blocks, sand-like blocks into glass fragments and makes obsidian, obsidian brick, mese and diamond blocks resistant to TNT(they will still get damaged but only rarely)

License
Download
Download form Github
Can you make it have this cool dropping effect that normally applies to Minecraft, so basically, it jumps up a little off of the block it is on and starts blinking and then explodes, can you make it do that, or is there another mod that has the effect i'm talking about.
the nuke mod adds jumping tnt, because it makes the tnt to an object, u cant do this with a node
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

nice!

looks like an exelent idea!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

snoopy

failed to load - Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]

by snoopy » Post

There seems to be an issue with the current module as of 2016-01-28 running on a local 0.4.14 dedicated server. I copied your module from the minetest-mods project.

Code: Select all

2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from /Users/xxx/Library/Application Support/minetest/mods/tnt_extras/init.lua:
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: ...ry/Application Support/minetest/mods/tnt_extras/init.lua:40: Attempt to override non-existent item default:nyancat
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'error'
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: 	...inetest.app/Contents/Resources/builtin/game/register.lua:381: in function 'override_item'
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: 	...ry/Application Support/minetest/mods/tnt_extras/init.lua:40: in function 'register_blast_resistant'
2016-10-23 05:47:27: ERROR[Main]: 	...ry/Application Support/minetest/mods/tnt_extras/init.lua:76: in main chunk
There was no such issue with 0.4.13 and an older version of this mod if I recall correctly.

Thanks.

red-001

by red-001 » Post

Updated the mod, the issue should be fixed now.

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

red-001 wrote:Updated the mod, the issue should be fixed now.
snoopy wrote:Re: failed to load - Extra TNT blast effects[tnt_extras]
There seems to be an issue with the current module as of 2016-01-28 running on a local 0.4.14 dedicated server. I copied your module from the minetest-mods project.
Thank you very much for the excellent support. Our mines and dungeons will get some blasts soon, I fear. :)

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

Unfortunately there seem to be issues after the update and some side effects to other mods.

Some examples are:

Code: Select all

ERROR[Server]: Item "default:cobble_microslab" not defined
ERROR[Server]: Item "default:cobble_outerstair" not defined
Side effect with the xdecor mod: The default:cobble cannot be put into the 'cut by saw' field of the working bench when tnt_extras is loaded. This field would allow the crafting of the a.m. and other default nodes.

Presumably your mod makes redefinitions of several default nodes with unwanted side effects which cause the a.m. issues?

red-001

by red-001 » Post

Looks like xdecor doesn't allow cutting nodes that have on_blast callbacks. I added a workaround that makes sure xdecor is always loaded before this mod. That should fix the issue.