[Server] Xanadu

IceAgeComing

Re: Xanadu Server

by IceAgeComing » Post

So i was caving and suddenly in the dark popped out this creature, shooting fireballs at me!

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Looks like "die on login" bug was introduced in Sep 26, 2015.

botch
IRC: Botch
In-game: botch

by botch » Post

My wife being a travel agent would have loved to have seen this but never saw it in my 1 1/2 years at Xanadu

Botch

[quote="IceAgeComing"]Its time to look back to past 2 years of fun.
Here are some screenshots of projects i was part in, that i had most fun with:

Ship for Phis birthday:

MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Post

Anybody had been noticing that there is TONS of Bamboo Biom? O.O

I thought that was interesting. I don't know, maybe the fact that Xanadu may be taking place in ancient time, Asia? XD

EDIT: I guess I should explain this a bit more. Every where I go it seems that there is pretty much bamboo biom everywhere. Went out for a long search, to find a new land, and the biom was literally about 2k+ large in distance.

Luckily after about an hour of search, I found a huge mountain that goes about 500+ blocks up high, and has many healing trees. And also has a nice piece of land next to it for me to settle next to it.

Anyways, I'm just curious, how did it go for you guys?
For fast response... send me a PM

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

iDevMe wrote:Anybody had been noticing that there is TONS of Bamboo Biom? I found a huge mountain that goes about 500+ blocks up high, and has many healing trees.
Just like last map, there are too many bamboo and mushroom biomes (the two worst biomes happen to the two most common). I also found a snow mountain 200 high today with healing trees on it.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

auouymous wrote:
iDevMe wrote:Anybody had been noticing that there is TONS of Bamboo Biom? I found a huge mountain that goes about 500+ blocks up high, and has many healing trees.
Just like last map, there are too many bamboo and mushroom biomes (the two worst biomes happen to the two most common). I also found a snow mountain 200 high today with healing trees on it.
iDevMe wrote:Anybody had been noticing that there is TONS of Bamboo Biom? O.O

I thought that was interesting. I don't know, maybe the fact that Xanadu may be taking place in ancient time, Asia? XD

EDIT: I guess I should explain this a bit more. Every where I go it seems that there is pretty much bamboo biom everywhere. Went out for a long search, to find a new land, and the biom was literally about 2k+ large in distance.

Luckily after about an hour of search, I found a huge mountain that goes about 500+ blocks up high, and has many healing trees. And also has a nice piece of land next to it for me to settle next to it.

Anyways, I'm just curious, how did it go for you guys?
but there is also the new "RealBadAngel Biome" with green grass and poopy flowers (-> poppy).
this has decreased the spreading of bamboo and mushrooms a little, especially mushrooms.
cold biomes are still very rare, crystal biomes appear once in 12k blocks and they are very small.
glaciers are probably extinct ...
jungles are much better than before now, you can see some light inside and they are traversable.
i heard many people complaining about too much desert, but outside the desert is equally green stuff, so i guess it's ok. the good thing is, we will never run out of desertstone, sandstone and clay ;)
fiery biomes are much more rare now, making them special again :)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Zen

by Zen » Post

Josh-Hall wrote:
Fixerol wrote:Josh-Hall, download newer minetest build (from sfan5 or Krock) and you will forget about that horrible lines on far objects and weildmesh was also fixed and... fps should be higher after VBO merge.
Hi Fixerol,

Im on Mac so don't have as many options :( I suppose I could boot into windows....but thats just to much trouble.

Ahaha
Why not the neoasctic build? Krondor
Sure it's dev and sometimes it doesn't work, but you can go down the list until you find one that does.

P. S. You might want to adjust FPS Max, the jitter can be annoying.

firefox

by firefox » Post

the Character Statues are coming:

i advanced my sculpting technique and created this model, inspired by my Ninja Magician from Toram Online

first i need to rework my player skin, then i will start building people you know =(^.^)=
no one can escape my skilled eye, i will get you all :P
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

myster
In-game: myster

by myster » Post

*ruunss* :P
That statue looks awesome, Red. Great work.
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

Last few screenshots I took of my rail to the sky ice tower I made but never completed in MagicVille. All my MagicVille neighbors were amazing. I wasn't even mad when someone put a wood house right next to mine (in screenshot). Just a nice neighborhood. We'll have to recreate it on the new server. I'm hoarding supplies for the future task. :D

From the top of the steps near Fireboy's spherical face (Neri built the pacman but it wasn't protected and someone harvested parts of it so I fixed it and made it my own):

From near neo's mine, he made an amazing mine, which is around the time I quit playing as much. We had good times. Loved my neighbors there because while he was making his mine I was putting out rail, and there was a slight conflict of interest (my rail intruded into his space a bit), but we compromised without fighting. I always love it when you can get past stuff without being mean and just saying, hey, it's a game.

firefox

by firefox » Post

nothing is more romantic than a boat tour with candles shortly after sunset =(^.^)=

:P :P :P
Attachments
screenshot_20160410_163404.png
screenshot_20160410_163404.png (657.71 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

:O

firefox

by firefox » Post

got a new paint brush with glowing dye :3

:P :P :P
Attachments
screenshot_20160410_205637.png
screenshot_20160410_205637.png (83.79 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

If you still dying at login, just update your game to newest one (at least 6 april 2016 one), or use older than 26 sep 2015 (or just stable 0.4.13).

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

tenplus1, mobs are amazingly plentiful since I last played, was it due to the update / reset or did you update the server (RAM/CPU, etc) or what? I saw a comment earlier in the thread where you talked about certain mods being optimized for latest minetest, so not clear.

Anyway, it's really amazing. Surface mobs = easy leather, whool, food. Subsurface mobs/DMs = incredible fights (I've almost died some times with dual DMs and full crystal armor and health), awesome drops (when I win, because I ain't gonna lose against a DM, I got /spawn get out of free card, which I used several times already). But great drops (diamond / mese blocks). So fun to solo mine, risky, I should warn others, but fun.

BTW, I afk'd and also played like 5-6 hours straight tonight without any disconnects, so props to the server and minetest devs, the game feels very much more stable now than when I played 8-9 months ago (using latest dev build for windows).

IceAgeComing

by IceAgeComing » Post

Bonny in her winter outfit :)

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

....im gonna kill you :)
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

firefox

by firefox » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:Bonny in her winter outfit :)
kawaii-desu~ <3
=(^.^)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Poyongo
GitHub: mi
IRC: Ayudita4
In-game: Moringa

by Poyongo » Post

Xanadu moderators banned me for nothing. They had a simple whim of take my fields. I built this place with love, and these moderators - Iska, Bonny, IceAceComing, Skrote - banned me just because I refused to abandom my filds an my land - that it's far away from spawn - in a desertic area. They banned me with plans of destroy my building. What's this server? Why these moderators abuse of users? I want my land field back and no be banned. And these moderators, must be banned, because they're harrassing users everytime. And if you're good with everyone, or if you build something amazing, they decide to destroy what you built. They doesn't deserve these privileges. They're the worst moderators I've ever met.

Sincerely, hellomickey
Attachments
This was my field that these modsters want remove and claim it for skrote.
This was my field that these modsters want remove and claim it for skrote.
screenshot_20160415_060950.png (392.31 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

Poyongo

by Poyongo » Post

This is my building that these moderators want to destroy. They banned me with no reason.
Attachments
screenshot_20160415_071851.png
screenshot_20160415_071851.png (585.1 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
screenshot_20160415_064350.png
screenshot_20160415_064350.png (473.58 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
screenshot_20160415_065206.png
screenshot_20160415_065206.png (433.2 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

Poyongo

by Poyongo » Post

Look at this... look at how iska is claiming areas near at my building, and he's breaking the stones, and using lava. Look at how he kills a novice user called Jmoney...
Attachments
screenshot_20160415_071856.png
screenshot_20160415_071856.png (349.38 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
screenshot_20160415_071923.png
screenshot_20160415_071923.png (426.93 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
screenshot_20160415_071856.png
screenshot_20160415_071856.png (349.38 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

iska
In-game: iska

by iska » Post

First of all you were told nicely (at first) that 100x70 area is too much for one person near spawn, yes this guy protected 100x70 area starting from 290 blocks away from spawn next to Skrotes path.

We asked nicely from him to remove (also offered help and compensation) the farms, and he could keep the shop.

Instead he started arguing and being rude to all of us moderators. That is Skrotes path and at 300 blocks from spawn he wants to see something other than private crystal field with railroad around it. Not to mention all his other farms surrounding the shop.

After an hour of arguing he called us trolls and was generally really rude towards anyone.

I told him several time to quit arguing and being rude, after awhile it was time for /limit.

We didnt ban you for making farm next to path near spawn, we limited you for arguing and being rude continuously towards moderators.
I asked others moderators if anyone disagreed and it was a no brainer /limit.

Poyongo

by Poyongo » Post

This was my land that I terraformed, and built, and it's pretty far away from spawn. There were so many empty spots, but they took my land. They're abusing with users.
Attachments
screenshot_20160415_072316.png
screenshot_20160415_072316.png (520.37 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
screenshot_20160415_071933.png
screenshot_20160415_071933.png (609.14 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

Poyongo

by Poyongo » Post

I wanst rude with moderators. You were rude with me. That was my land. You want to destroy it for whim. That's all. It's not near at spawn. It's a little bit far from spawn. I can go to my building walking for two minutes. And if you wanted to take every spot near at spawn, before this server be in public, you should claim everything you want. But you harassed me just for whim. You're a liar, and you're making xanadu a desertic server. I won't play this...
Last edited by Poyongo on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

iska
In-game: iska

by iska » Post

Jmoney was destroying the stones and causing lava spills, I stopped him and protected the pits so he wouldnt continue doing that. Nice try troll.