[Server] Xanadu

~Xhole
IRC: x
In-game: Xhole

Re: Xanadu Server

by ~Xhole » Post

This is getting frustrating.......When I want to log in the server is always down...I logged in once today spamming was in chat the whole time -_- I dont want to make anyone feel like Im ranting about it but its getting frustrating for me.Fill me in what happens...~X
~X~

snowflake

by snowflake » Post

The server is down

Athemonium
In-game: Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

I'm starting to share the same feelings as ~Xhole. What is going on with the server? I see no official announcement for yesterday crash or today's.

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

I share your frustration. But obviously there is a new problem, quite possibly the same one that Ten is discussing above with the strange login characters. And we can't expect Shinjin to stay up all hours of the night monitoring the server just because WE want to play. :)
So, I urge patience...

YuGiOhJCJ
GitHub: YuGiOhJCJ
IRC: YuGiOhJCJ
In-game: YuGiOhJCJ

by YuGiOhJCJ » Post

Well it is up now :)
I agree, an official announcement in this forum thread would be better.
But it's never too late to create one here explaining what happened during these days.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Elusive server lockup bug occurred during these days, I've seen such bug on other server too, it is not diagnosed yet, TenPlus1 did some changes, maybe it helps. Will see.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Yesterday Shinji spend most of the day on server and the bug didn't appear, so today he's doing the same, so let's hope everything runs smooth.

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

I must admit that it's quite nice to have Shinji around, he's been mighty rare before ;-) He hosted a whole TON of L.B. games on top, but I enjoyed more the funny silly chit chat we had :-)

But even more awesome is the fact that the server was rock stable yesterday, all the time I was on. You guys did another amazing job here. I'd say: SUCCESS!!!

Thanks a ton, Xanadu admins! I can stop shaking and continue playing now \o/

Have fun, noob101

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

mystik wrote:Whoa. I though my corn farm on the old server was big.

I have much to learn ....
BTW, this is in bronze tp, follow the road away from the beach (over by derpypony's house) and keep going and you'll see a sign between two redwoods. Would be neat to have it on the overworld map like my ice tower in magicville. :D

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

minetestjosh wrote:
mystik wrote:Whoa. I though my corn farm on the old server was big.

I have much to learn ....
BTW, this is in bronze tp, follow the road away from the beach (over by derpypony's house) and keep going and you'll see a sign between two redwoods. Would be neat to have it on the overworld map like my ice tower in magicville. :D

I made a big update to the Bronze TP area -- and even went up to your farm. But, it's above the height cut-off limit, so only your stairs are showing on the map :( I have to cut off the height, otherwise folks building huge sky bases obstruct parts of the on-ground map (Neon has a big structure obstructing spawn, that forced me to adjust-down the height limit).

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

Could you remove the save that has that area, and then update the map again without visiting it?
that way the cutoff could be high enough to see the really tall mountains. not to mention builds ;)

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

Glorfindel wrote:Could you remove the save that has that area, and then update the map again without visiting it?
that way the cutoff could be high enough to see the really tall mountains. not to mention builds ;)
I have a mechanism to 'mask' areas away from the map render, but it only works on x/z coordinates.

I have to update the map to allow for y-coordinate limits too, and then i can just set the height really high, and mask out areas that might interfere with the general map.

Presently, the min/max is set to -50/190 nodes, which seems to have caught most mountains I've encountered thus far.

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

mystik wrote:I made a big update to the Bronze TP area -- and even went up to your farm. But, it's above the height cut-off limit, so only your stairs are showing on the map :( I have to cut off the height, otherwise folks building huge sky bases obstruct parts of the on-ground map (Neon has a big structure obstructing spawn, that forced me to adjust-down the height limit).
Oh wow, I saw Neon going up to his sky area one time! Didn't know it was over spawn though. I built mine away from spawn for that reason (plus didn't want sky water disasters causing issues). But no worries, it's just a big circle. :)

I hope you noticed that I put protection below the sky farm, allowing it to be "public" at some point in the future. If people have the courage to make the stair climb! :D That took such a long time to do (3 days I think).

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

mystik wrote:I have a mechanism to 'mask' areas away from the map render, but it only works on x/z coordinates.
Need to make a new advanced mapper that can work on 3d slices of the world, like an MRI or cat scan, so we can change the z coord and see the space station or down into underground bases... :)

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Kilarin wrote:
mystik wrote:I have a mechanism to 'mask' areas away from the map render, but it only works on x/z coordinates.
Need to make a new advanced mapper that can work on 3d slices of the world, like an MRI or cat scan, so we can change the z coord and see the space station or down into underground bases... :)
I second this idea, being that my base is sort of about 1200 blocks tall :)

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

tOny is spamming ascii stuff... not sure if any mods are around... noob?
Attachments
Clipboard-1wewewewee.jpg
Clipboard-1wewewewee.jpg (129.95 KiB) Viewed 729 times

Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

Xanadu is down again. And with tOny spamming middle fingers around in chat, I guess Xanadu is going trough some series of attacks(?). I guess a mod that would revoke chat rights for a limited period of time would be an idea.

neri2

by neri2 » Post

If servers gets up and hes not limited will slap him with a limit when I get on tonight Josh. Thanks for the screenie :)

neri2

by neri2 » Post

I sees chu bob and texan xD

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

Hiii neri, haha... where have you been :O Haven't seen you since like two weeks :|

Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

Server is down. Again.

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

I think I can explain alot of the other servers I play on are having the same problem we think it's the coding of minutest if I am correct I think that one of the owners of the servers have got in contact with the minetest Dev and a patch will be coming out soon correct me if I'm rong

Athemonium

by Athemonium » Post

*wrong

P.S. There, I corrected you :P

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

Lol hallarious

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Bobr wrote:I think I can explain alot of the other servers I play on are having the same problem we think it's the coding of minutest if I am correct I think that one of the owners of the servers have got in contact with the minetest Dev and a patch will be coming out soon correct me if I'm rong
It is true, I am one of them there Server Ops.

Currently testing OldCoder patch, and I must say that this is the best the servers have ever ran.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959