[Mod] Yet another show-people-rules thing [git][newplayer]

cheapie
GitHub: cheapie
IRC: cheapie
In-game: cheapie

[Mod] Yet another show-people-rules thing [git][newplayer]

by cheapie » Post

Colored text enabled! (will only appear for very up-to-date clients/servers)

Description:

Shows rules to players that don't have interact, and allows them to either accept or reject them, granting interact if they agree to them. It can also be configured to require a "keyword" from the rules to be entered, and contains an in-game rule editor for admin use. The "keyword" is also randomly chosen from a list each time the rules are opened.

Privileges:

server - Allows the rule editor and certain chat commands to be used (more on that below)

Chat Commands:

/rules - Shows you the rules. Agree/don't agree buttons will be present if you don't have interact, and a keyword field is also shown if any keywords are set. In that case, all occurrences of the string "@KEYWORD" in the rules are replaced by a randomly-chosen keyword, as long as you don't already have interact (if you do, they're replaced with "[Hidden because you already have interact]", unless you also have the "server" priv). Pressing the disagree button will allow you to play (without interact), but there will be bright red text in the HUD explaining the situation. If you have the "server" priv, an "edit" button will also be shown on this screen.

/editrules (requires "server" priv) - Opens the rule editor (same as the edit button above) where the rules can be edited. "Save"... saves, and "Cancel" cancels :P

/set_no_interact_spawn (requires "server" priv) - Sets the spawn point for players without interact to your current location.

/set_interact_spawn (requires "server" priv) - Sets the spawn point for players with interact to your current location.(1)

/addkeyword [keyword] (requires the "server" priv) - Adds the given keyword to the list.

/delkeyword [keyword] (requires the "server" priv) - Removes the given keyword from the list.

/getkeywords (requires the "server" priv)(2) - Shows the currently set keywords.

/spawn - Teleports you to the appropriate spawn point based on whether you have interact or not.

License: here

Dependencies: None

Download: ZIP or Git

(1) If you are using static_spawnpoint, this should likely be set to the same place as that.
(2) This way, players that already have interact can't see the keywords.
Last edited by cheapie on Wed Jun 01, 2016 00:22, edited 6 times in total.

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

Re: [Mod] Yet another show-people-rules thing [git][newplaye

by KCoombes » Post

+10 You have saved me from having to develop this myself!

cheapie

by cheapie » Post

I have now added support for multiple keywords, using the new /addkeyword, /delkeyword, and /getkeywords commands. If only one is set, it will behave like it did previously. If multiple keywords are set, a random one will be chosen when each time the rules are opened, and "assigned" to that player until they either close and re-open the rules or are granted interact.

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

I already made a mod like this but this ones better.

cheapie

by cheapie » Post

This mod has now been updated to support colored text. This, of course, requires very up-to-date clients and servers (9 hours old or less at the time of this post), but it will fall back to non-colored text if necessary.

wilkgr76
GitHub: wilkgr76

by wilkgr76 » Post

+1
N/A

Jesseman1
In-game: Jesseman1 or Plant_Operator

by Jesseman1 » Post

What do we name the extracted file?

wilkgr76
GitHub: wilkgr76

by wilkgr76 » Post

Jesseman1 wrote:What do we name the extracted file?
The folder in which it is should be named "newplayer" (The thing in brackets in the title)
N/A

Jesseman1
In-game: Jesseman1 or Plant_Operator

by Jesseman1 » Post

Thank you, but now I have a new problem, it doesn't work. I created a server with the mod, then started a second game and joined it, but the rules page didn't show up(yes, I wrote a rules page and saved it in the correct file with the correct name). Also, I was still able to mine things. Did I do something wrong?

*EDIT* Nevermind, I think I figured it out, once I revoked the interact privilege from myself, the rules page would show up, so I guess I need to disable interact in the config file? Does that sound right?

Darkwar
GitHub: Darkwar
IRC: Darkwar
In-game: cooljar10

by Darkwar » Post

cheapie wrote:Colored text enabled! (will only appear for very up-to-date clients/servers)

Description:

Shows rules to players that don't have interact, and allows them to either accept or reject them, granting interact if they agree to them. It can also be configured to require a "keyword" from the rules to be entered, and contains an in-game rule editor for admin use. The "keyword" is also randomly chosen from a list each time the rules are opened.

Privileges:

server - Allows the rule editor and certain chat commands to be used (more on that below)

Chat Commands:

/rules - Shows you the rules. Agree/don't agree buttons will be present if you don't have interact, and a keyword field is also shown if any keywords are set. In that case, all occurrences of the string "@KEYWORD" in the rules are replaced by a randomly-chosen keyword, as long as you don't already have interact (if you do, they're replaced with "[Hidden because you already have interact]", unless you also have the "server" priv). Pressing the disagree button will allow you to play (without interact), but there will be bright red text in the HUD explaining the situation. If you have the "server" priv, an "edit" button will also be shown on this screen.

/editrules (requires "server" priv) - Opens the rule editor (same as the edit button above) where the rules can be edited. "Save"... saves, and "Cancel" cancels :P

/set_no_interact_spawn (requires "server" priv) - Sets the spawn point for players without interact to your current location.

/set_interact_spawn (requires "server" priv) - Sets the spawn point for players with interact to your current location.(1)

/addkeyword [keyword] (requires the "server" priv) - Adds the given keyword to the list.

/delkeyword [keyword] (requires the "server" priv) - Removes the given keyword from the list.

/getkeywords (requires the "server" priv)(2) - Shows the currently set keywords.

/spawn - Teleports you to the appropriate spawn point based on whether you have interact or not.

License: here

Dependencies: None

Download: ZIP or Git

(1) If you are using static_spawnpoint, this should likely be set to the same place as that.
(2) This way, players that already have interact can't see the keywords.
wth happened to this mod ?

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

you may want to search here:

https://cheapiesystems.com/git

Araca
GitHub: Aracaa

Re: [Mod] Yet another show-people-rules thing [git][newplayer]

by Araca » Post

Hi. This is a nice work, thanks for that.

I added translation support, for now for French.
I am planning to add a feature to make the `/spawn` command optional.

Is there a way to make a similar has a pull request for this mod, or should I keep it only for me ?
Serveur de jeu Mineclone 2 FR: https://discord.gg/GM6tWJW3pM / www.youtube.com/aracaa