Imagine yourself doing your usual tasks: digging some stuff, placing some other stuff. You thrust your shovel into the dirt, but instead of the usual earthly sound you hear ... a click. A fuze! You have just touched a land mine, and all you have left is a short moment before it explodes... Boom!!!
This mode is build on top of the standard TNT mod (it's part of the standard subgame, but you still need to enable it in minetest.conf). It adds mines and techniques to conceal them in the ground. Punch a mine -- boom. Step on it -- boom. Place something on it -- boom.
Attach a bottle and some cable to a land mine and you get a naval mine. It will float in water and acoustically detect nearby players.
Attach a DIY clock to a land mine and you get a time bomb. You can set the time (1 second to 1 hour) and it will blow up right in time.
Warning: A placed mine needs to be armed (by right-clicking and pressing the 'Arm' button). It takes 30 seconds, and can be canceled. After a mine is armed, there is no way to disarm it. Same with time bombs, after the timer was started, there's no way to stop it (you can git the bomb though).
- Fuze ('explosives:fuze')
- Land mine ('explosives:landmine')
- Land mine concealed in dirt ('explosivese:landmine_dirt')
- Land mine concealed in dirt with grass ('explosives:landmine_dirt_with_grass')
- Naval mine
- Cable reel for naval mines ('explosives:navalmine_cable')
- Time bomb
- Hourglass for time bombs
- A warning sign ('explosives:minefield_sign')
- more to come
Download latest dev branch
- Code: GPLv3 or later
- Resources: CC-BY-SA 4.0 or later
- More concealed mines (sand, gravel etc.) -- suggested by Naj
- 'Anti-personnel mine' style, doing more damage to players and less to the terrain
Last updated: June 2, 2016