[Server] Xanadu

amadin

Re: Xanadu Server

by amadin » Post

"Your account has been limited" - is this forever?

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

If you break rules then your account gets limited, so yes that account is out of action... but... I have currently limited a few players in glitched areas so the server doesn't crash, but I now have a fix for that so will unlimit them shortly.

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

amadin wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:We tried that amadin, went back as far as possible with 0.4.13 dev builds so we still had some of the newer features, but the stall glitch still happened.
I know about "went back as far as possible with 0.4.13 dev" that is why i wrote my think about a bug in some client 0.4.14 (windows, android, mac os or freeminer builds) but not in the server. Maybe some client 0.4.14 create the stall glitch for server.
UPDATED later: Is any way to disable connections from client 0.4.14 for some time?
I have wondered about that too - users of some Windows builds reported they had no problems if they switched to Linux, but I have also seen the stall glitch triggered by multicraft users. No pattern has really emerged so far, mostly due to lack of information. So far it seems as if the bug is OS / build agnostic, but I have not had any reports of Linux users using proper Minetest clients triggering the problem. Possibly another good reason not to use clone clients.
Grailtest is stirring ...

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

afflatus -- what Processor are you running for your server and how many cores does it have?

I'm taking a wild blind shot in the dark and suspecting some kind of cross-thread memory corruption?

Milan*
GitHub: tchncs
IRC: Passant
In-game: Milan Passant

by Milan* » Post

@TenPlus1, this 'your account has been limited' thing sounds interesting.
Does that appear as a server message when a player lost interact? Is this a public mod?

Also it would be interesting to read your personal reason to forbid youtube recording. :)
Sorry if i annoy you ._.
Last edited by Milan* on Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

afflatus

by afflatus » Post

mystik wrote:afflatus -- what Processor are you running for your server and how many cores does it have?
The old server was an Intel Celeron CPU B800 2 core w/ 3GB RAM
and the new one is an AMD FX-6300 6 core also reporting 3GB RAM, but it is supposed to have 16GB (I will have to check that via the BIOS at some point)
Same problem with both. Memory issues are possible, IIUC Lua has memory limitations too.

amadin

by amadin » Post

TenPlus1, do you changing passwords for aol and nox2? If yes - why?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

I needed a test area that glitched out for debugging so changed aol's password so I could sign into glitched area, when he comes back on server I'll hand over account with new password. I did not however use nox2's.

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

afflatus wrote:
mystik wrote:afflatus -- what Processor are you running for your server and how many cores does it have?
and the new one is an AMD FX-6300 6 core also reporting 3GB RAM, but it is supposed to have 16GB (I will have to check that via the BIOS at some point)
Same problem with both. Memory issues are possible, IIUC Lua has memory limitations too.
use a 64-bit operating system to be able to use more than 3GB of RAM

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

Glorfindel wrote:
afflatus wrote:
use a 64-bit operating system to be able to use more than 3GB of RAM
A 32bit Linux with PAE can address all 16gb, but each process can map no more than 4gb.

IIRC, 32 bit Windows *COULD* it, but there's a licensing restriction on accessing more memory or too many processors. See here for details: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

mystik wrote:A 32bit Linux with PAE can address all 16gb, but each process can map no more than 4gb.
The linux kernel uses 1gb so each process can only access 3gb. Windows uses a 2+2 split, but can be set to 3+1 like linux.

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

mystik wrote:
Glorfindel wrote: use a 64-bit operating system to be able to use more than 3GB of RAM
A 32bit Linux with PAE can address all 16gb, but each process can map no more than 4gb.

IIRC, 32 bit Windows *COULD* it, but there's a licensing restriction on accessing more memory or too many processors. See here for details: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx
Is PAE not on by default? I have a laptop running Linux that doesn't see more than 3GB of RAM

afflatus

by afflatus » Post

I'm running debian. Thanks for your advice, I will probably reinstall the OS so I can use the whole memory.
This is a bit OT for this thread, please post any further comments on this subject to viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13127 Thanks!

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

by Killerz » Post

screenshot_20160609_123432.png
screenshot_20160609_123432.png (304.34 KiB) Viewed 509 times
This bat looks cute, Tip to mobs:never disturbe me while im working
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Dilliron swore
Attachments
screenshot_20160610_131211.png
screenshot_20160610_131211.png (111.48 KiB) Viewed 509 times
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The swear filter picks up on many things thankfully and kicks player, but if he is being abusive towards another player and swears then he will be limited.

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

TenPlus1, perhaps "(kicked)" needs to be added to the swear filter, so other players can learn from ones' mistakes?

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

How do you mean KC?

KCoombes

by KCoombes » Post

In the screenshot from Killerz, you can see where dilliron swore, immediately followed by "dilliron has left the game". Perhaps a better line would be "dilliron has left the game. (kicked)" - this would alert other players that such infractions are handled even if there is no moderator obviously present.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Last edited by amadin on Wed Dec 18, 2019 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

KCoombes

by KCoombes » Post

easy enough to use "(kicked for swearing)" instead of "(kicked)" - just a longer text string, after all :)

~Xhole
IRC: x
In-game: Xhole

by ~Xhole » Post

Okay I need something to be cleared for me.Earlier today I was killed in Lucky blocks arena.Ive heard for many mods that you cant not kill people in public areas but other say the exact opposite you can kill in public areas Im not saying names.Nicolas and five_5 were killing people for there prizes.So can players kill in public areas or not.I was not the only one killed many others were attacked and some were killed.I know you can kill if someone enters your home and other areas.
~X~

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

PVP Protection is enabled which means that players cannot be harmed inside of a protected area, unless the owner of such area is the one attacking them. The Lucky Block Arena isn't protected, but the area around the door is and can be considered a safe zone.

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Abeer swore and tried to avoid the filter
Attachments
screenshot_20160611_134248.png
screenshot_20160611_134248.png (351.9 KiB) Viewed 509 times
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Killerz