[Server] Xanadu

minetestjosh

Re: Xanadu Server

by minetestjosh » Post

IceAgeComing wrote:So that "100%" is overeacting in my opinion....
Good to know mods saw "player makes other players talks it seems" and "hows he using exact name" and were able to correct for the obvious name spoof. With the user in question loudly protesting that they weren't the spoofer in question. I'm glad the mods didn't overreact before the user was able to protest. For sure.

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

I just wanna say to this now that no one would have banned you without checking if its a fake account or not, since we always make sure if its fake or not before doing something like limiting.

And its only human to react shocked at first, since we expected everything to happen after trying to deal with that for like 4 hours... When i came online that day in the morning it started and continued until 2pm or so, so yeah, we might have thought at first that it was really your account sending that message by being hacked or whatever, but its not like we didnt notice it at all.
And also, we know that you would not say anything like that.

Edit: Also, its human to overreact in such a situation when dealing with a player who keeps making accounts and also accounts with other players' names for hours.

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Someone watergriefed bronze tp pad.interestingly there werent any source blocks that i could find.
For some reason i cant post a screenshot since it says that 'The entity was too large'.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

OK so basically I have keped on a down low for ages as another account and neon just. Limited me I ant going to cause any trouble I promise and can you please show this message to the owner hi I am really sorry for what I did before as Bobr I am a changed person and love helping mystik I am sure if you ask the mods on skyblocks I am a good player they would say yes so I am begging you to unlimit me and give me another chance so can one of the mods/admins please give me another chance since on this account I have done nothing rong pm for more details plz plus also I am not a bad player I love the game and love farming so if you don't want me only grant me interact in a certain area eg spawn and my farms so I can keep on helping out mystik

ParaklataChotou
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

by ParaklataChotou » Post

I'm starting to think that these 'hackers' are the administrator and the moderators. They're the only people who can get access with with passwords, usernames...
I have accessed several times to this server, and all I see are comments of moderators - they are very annoying. Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong . I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

ParaklataChotou

Bobr wrote:OK so basically I have keped on a down low for ages as another account and neon just. Limited me I ant going to cause any trouble I promise and can you please show this message to the owner hi I am really sorry for what I did before as Bobr I am a changed person and love helping mystik I am sure if you ask the mods on skyblocks I am a good player they would say yes so I am begging you to unlimit me and give me another chance so can one of the mods/admins please give me another chance since on this account I have done nothing rong pm for more details plz plus also I am not a bad player I love the game and love farming so if you don't want me only grant me interact in a certain area eg spawn and my farms so I can keep on helping out mystik

You don't need to apologize with them.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

I do I feel like I did ring on my other account(Bobr) I worded my words ring and didn't mean to if it sounded like that. I am a good player and I am hoping you will reconsider to unlimit me and give me another chance I would love that please

ParaklataChotou

Killerz wrote:Someone watergriefed bronze tp pad.interestingly there werent any source blocks that i could find.
For some reason i cant post a screenshot since it says that 'The entity was too large'.
If you are unable to use F12, it's because someone with privileges - you know - disabled F12... But you can use Print Screen button, and then paste it on Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, LibreOffice Draw...

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

ParaklataChotou wrote:If you are unable to use F12, it's because someone with privileges - you know - disabled F12...
Thats not even possible.... Since F12-function is a built-in function in the game and does not have to do anything with players' privileges.

ParaklataChotou

Phiwari123 wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote:If you are unable to use F12, it's because someone with privileges - you know - disabled F12...
Thats not even possible.... Since F12-function is a built-in function in the game and does not have to do anything with players' privileges.
Yes... It's posible.

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

I do have the screenshot.It just wont allow me to post it on the forum
And btw,everyone can use F12
So if what you are saying is true,only Ten should have a 'F12' priv(and shinji ofc) but the last time i checked,there was no 'F12" priv
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

ParaklataChotou wrote:I'm starting to think that these 'hackers' are the administrator and the moderators. They're the only people who can get access with with passwords, usernames...
I have accessed several times to this server, and all I see are comments of moderators - they are very annoying. Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong . I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all.
1: only admins can access usernames and passwords
2: Why on earth do you think that ten or shinj would want to ruin their own server which hey have put soo much effort into maintaining and running?
3:Regarding you finiding moderators verry 'annoying',and you only seeing comments of mods,there is F2 and why cant they talk?
4: Can you give me a example of 'Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong'?
5:And when you say 'I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all' How long have you been playing? have you been to ALL of the servers?
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

auxodere

by auxodere » Post

idk whats going on

But I hope I can play in Xanadu soon.

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

Killerz wrote:1: only admins can access usernames and passwords
2: Why on earth do you think that ten or shinj would want to ruin their own server which hey have put soo much effort into maintaining and running?
3:Regarding you finiding moderators verry 'annoying',and you only seeing comments of mods,there is F2 and why cant they talk?
4: Can you give me a example of 'Moderators and the administrator are very intransigent with users; They humiliate children and require them to have to apologize when they have done nothing wrong'?
5:And when you say 'I would never recommend anyone accessing this server. - the worst of all' How long have you been playing? have you been to ALL of the servers?
+1
ParaklataChotou wrote:Yes... It's posible.
No it's not. (If you completely change the whole Game-engine and change main code of it, then yeah, probably it would be possible. But why would someone do that?) Its an ingame-function that has nothing to do with Privileges.

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

Ten explicitly told me that passwords were hashed so it would be difficult to access them unless the user used a really dumb and simple password. The spammer was likely someone using 'password' or '12345' or something like that and their account got hacked.

Bobr. :(

killerz is on point. mods keep a safe atmosphere for kids. Probably the safest server for kids to come to.

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

Tbh I love the server and wish that some one will just show the owner this message I love the server do not wish to cause any troubled and just want to help out mystik if you think I said I would grief I am sorry but you read it rong what is said is 'you need more moderators on because for like example at 3 am when I'm usually on people are saying they have been greifed and no one there is there to stop it ' so I am begging you check the logs from when Bobr got banned and see what I wrote I am sure this statement with match up with the logs plus I would like to see the log on exactly what I said

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

just a side note about "moderators being rude":

many new players are constantly asking for rare items, weapons, armors and/or being friends with someone, which means living in their house.
replies like "go to the xxx farm at xxx path to get free xxx" are usually ignored.
after some time they start directly addressing people and ask them for items or to live in their house. or they just order you to come to spawn because "it's important".
after everyone, including players and moderators told them about the "no begging rule" and the public farms near spawn, someone eventually kicks them to stop the chat spam.
then they accuse you of being rude and selfish and unfriendly to children.
then they either ragequit or start a drama which usually ends in a ban for breaking most of the rules.
then they go to forum and post about the "bad moderators".
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

firefox wrote:just a side note about "moderators being rude":

many new players are constantly asking for rare items, weapons, armors and/or being friends with someone, which means living in their house.
replies like "go to the xxx farm at xxx path to get free xxx" are usually ignored.
after some time they start directly addressing people and ask them for items or to live in their house. or they just order you to come to spawn because "it's important".
after everyone, including players and moderators told them about the "no begging rule" and the public farms near spawn, someone eventually kicks them to stop the chat spam.
then they accuse you of being rude and selfish and unfriendly to children.
then they either ragequit or start a drama which usually ends in a ban for breaking most of the rules.
then they go to forum and post about the "bad moderators".
I agree.People dont want to listen to rules then they start drama
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

Look please can I just talk to the server owner

firefox

by firefox » Post

Bobr wrote:Look please can I just talk to the server owner
i don't know if shinji is also on he forums, but you can try to send a message to TenPlus1, but don't expect too much.

-----------------------------------------------------

somewhere in the Aether...

...there is a floating land :3

coming sooner or later
Attachments
screenshot_20160619_153211.png
screenshot_20160619_153211.png (419.49 KiB) Viewed 633 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

just for the record if the logs substantiate what you believe then I must be guilty as the data cannot be wrong, clearly justifying your actions. I'm not sure you checked the data thoroughly as I believe I'm innocent but I bow to your decision. Sorry for the time and trouble I seem to have caused you.....

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

firefox wrote:somewhere in the Aether...

...there is a floating land :3

coming sooner or later
What mod/texture pack do you use to get the realistic moon? I never tried texture packs because I was afraid they would interfere with the servers textures or look ugly. But I like that moon!

auxodere

by auxodere » Post

How do I change textures ?
Is it a mod or something else ?
If I had a server to play with friends, and I changed the texture, would it show on my friend's game as well ?

firefox

by firefox » Post

auxodere wrote:How do I change textures ?
Is it a mod or something else ?
If I had a server to play with friends, and I changed the texture, would it show on my friend's game as well ?
mods can have their own textures, those are used as stardard for all users and only the server owner can change them.
players can change textures by using a texture pack, which will overwrite the textures on the client side. if you want your friends to have the same textures as you, you have to use the same texture pack.
other players will still see the default textures or their own.

note that xanadu has some server exclusive mods, if you want to set new textures for those too, you can find out the image names by targeting the nodes while debug info (F5) is enabled.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

firefox

by firefox » Post

minetestjosh wrote: What mod/texture pack do you use to get the realistic moon? I never tried texture packs because I was afraid they would interfere with the servers textures or look ugly. But I like that moon!
i copied the sun and moon textures from the John Smith texture pack, those are the best i know. for everything else i prefer the default textures.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨