[Server] Craig's Server

CraigyDavi
GitHub: davisonio
IRC: davisonio
In-game: CraigyDavi

Re: Password Problems

by CraigyDavi » Post

Ender_Foo wrote:So I'm guessing that it's simply the new update doing this, so CraigyDavi will have to reset my password in the sever? Well, if you're reading this Craig, can you please do that? this is the only Survival Server I really liked.
Hi Ender_Foo, I have sent to you a forum PM regarding this.
barsik wrote:on image i pointed to my tower with red - where is it now? after some time i found myself on server in the basement of my tower with no exit to surface, because everything was privated and i could not dig up
Type /spawn to return to an area above land.

I'm very sorry that we had to remove your tower. We only remove buildings when the builder has not been on in a while (at least 2 months) and the area is of specific interest for another builder to use.

If you would like any resources which had been removed from your tower don't hesitate to /msg me and I'll sort this out.
Kpenguin wrote:I just wanted to stop in and let you know I really like this server! It has a good mods installed and I like that pvp is on so you can do contests if you want, but people are nice enough to just come up and attack you for no reason like some other servers I've been on. Thanks for creating a nice environment!
Great to hear you are enjoying it, thank you!
Kpenguin wrote:Funny how I mention how much I love the server, and then the next time I log on I find my house has been robbed by griefers. *sigh* lol
Check out the top thread from this post to see how to use area protection. Also, you should store any valuables in locked chests (you should have got one when you joined).

RHR wrote:Happy Halloween
Love it!
Also, the lag problem which was happening when you were online making this has been fixed :)

SegFault22

Re: [0.4.12-dev] Craig's Server

by SegFault22 » Post

I cannot connect: it says "Couldn't resolve address: Name or service not known". Is the server down, or is it just me?

lisacvuk
GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

by lisacvuk » Post

SegFault22 wrote:I cannot connect: it says "Couldn't resolve address: Name or service not known". Is the server down, or is it just me?
I think, but I'm not sure, it is problem at your side: it cannot resolve the domain to an IP address.
It's lisac, not lisa.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
Administrator on Craig's server. Minetest player.
"The enemy pales when they see the face of Dazzle!" ~ Dazzle obviously.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks
I appreciate donations in TF2 items. :)

RHR
GitHub: RHRhino

Re: [0.4.13-dev] Craig's Server

by RHR » Post

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Post

Making a *bump* to make this thread visible again. This server is too pretty to be so empty :(

I passed by to ask Craigy if it's possible to review some buildings on the server.
Spawn is filled by buildings of users that have been inactive for a long time, that not even file of their last login exists. I think that the server would benefit from clearing some of them for new players to build, since one thing that discourages new players is the difficulty of finding a place to build without building far away from the shops and spawn. I'm willing to remove most of my builds to leave space for others. :)
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Esteban wrote: Spawn is filled by buildings of users that have been inactive for a long time, that not even file of their last login exists. I think that the server would benefit from clearing some of them for new players to build, since one thing that discourages new players is the difficulty of finding a place to build without building far away from the shops and spawn. I'm willing to remove most of my builds to leave space for others. :)
New players tend to look for easily accessible places for building, yes. But that doesn't mean that existing good buildings ought to be torn down. Better offer a new, easily-accessible place for building, with signs directing the new players there. Kind of a new spawn.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Esteban

by Esteban » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Esteban wrote: Spawn is filled by buildings of users that have been inactive for a long time, that not even file of their last login exists. I think that the server would benefit from clearing some of them for new players to build, since one thing that discourages new players is the difficulty of finding a place to build without building far away from the shops and spawn. I'm willing to remove most of my builds to leave space for others. :)
New players tend to look for easily accessible places for building, yes. But that doesn't mean that existing good buildings ought to be torn down. Better offer a new, easily-accessible place for building, with signs directing the new players there. Kind of a new spawn.
A new spawn would be nice, however, I don't know if Craigy has the time for setting a new spawn (building new spawn house and shops nearby). But, if it can be done, It would be the best option. Also, most of the builds I suggested to him were those cobble/wood "just got started" homes built years ago. Others are buildings that are not attended (such as a micro hotel) or unfinished buildings. Thanks for posting your thoughts. :)

Esteban

by Esteban » Post

*accidentaly double posted, please delete

jan6
GitHub: jan69
IRC: jan6
In-game: jan6

by jan6 » Post

That's a cool server, could you please install backbacks ? and a better crafting guide? and why not unified_inventory?

The first thing I did when joined was to run to desert and begin to hollow up a pillar, It's going to be a fortress :) and it's the second house that can be considered livable, at the moment I'm hollowing out the second floor, I just hope that nobody will find it before I put protection on it...I wonder how many active players are here?
I know everything, exept what I know...
I have a secret..it's so secret even I don't know what it is

jan6

by jan6 » Post

Is it possible to get fly priv? it would make everything so much easier...since I got fast then I assume it is possible, but when?

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

jan6 wrote:Is it possible to get fly priv? it would make everything so much easier...since I got fast then I assume it is possible, but when?
Fast is there for you to run, not to be used with fly. Hold the "use" key with fast enabled to go fast.

jan6

by jan6 » Post

Dragonop wrote:
jan6 wrote:Is it possible to get fly priv? it would make everything so much easier...since I got fast then I assume it is possible, but when?
Fast is there for you to run, not to be used with fly. Hold the "use" key with fast enabled to go fast.
ok, didn't know about how to run :)

also mods are clashing...for example I want to make moreblocks:cobble_compressed, but darkage has already claimed that recepie for darkage:stone_brick

RHR

by RHR » Post

Hey jan6 welcome on the server. Although it's a bit quiet on the server lately, you should protect your buildings as soon as possible.
jan6 wrote: also mods are clashing...for example I want to make moreblocks:cobble_compressed, but darkage has already claimed that recepie for darkage:stone_brick
I opened an issue. If you find more bugs just report it on github. :)
Have fun!
Esteban wrote:A new spawn would be nice, however, I don't know if Craigy has the time for setting a new spawn (building new spawn house and shops nearby). But, if it can be done, It would be the best option. Also, most of the builds I suggested to him were those cobble/wood "just got started" homes built years ago. Others are buildings that are not attended (such as a micro hotel) or unfinished buildings. Thanks for posting your thoughts. :)
IIRC someone built travelnets every 1000 nodes in all directions, so it shouldn't be difficult to find a nice place, also if you want to travel far away from spawn.

jan6

by jan6 » Post

I found a glitch, if standing in water, even 1 block deep water, and fast-sneaking then it's possible to rapidly decrease hp so you die, it it doesn't then try fast-sneak and scrolling at the same time, found the dying part yesterday, found the scroll part today, and last discovery, it only works with the node replacer and node inspector, maybe some other things too...it's weird because I'm not clicking, so not using and that means that nothing should happen...

tried to make an issue to original, but probably will be ignored...

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

SegFault22 wrote:I cannot connect: it says "Couldn't resolve address: Name or service not known". Is the server down, or is it just me?
This should be fixed now, I changed addresses for the server. Try clearing your DNS cache if this is still a problem.
RHR wrote:Image
Lovely screenshots, thanks for sharing!
Esteban wrote:Making a *bump* to make this thread visible again. This server is too pretty to be so empty :(
Indeed, it is a bit of a shame. I have a few ideas to make the word a bit more user-friendly.

If anyone else has ideas for encouraging new players, please share them with me!
Esteban wrote:
Sokomine wrote:
A new spawn would be nice, however, I don't know if Craigy has the time for setting a new spawn (building new spawn house and shops nearby). But, if it can be done, It would be the best option. Also, most of the builds I suggested to him were those cobble/wood "just got started" homes built years ago. Others are buildings that are not attended (such as a micro hotel) or unfinished buildings. Thanks for posting your thoughts. :)
Esteban, I still have that list you gave me and I'll work on cleaning the list of those who haven't been online in many months.

A new spawn is definitely an option. Another option is to encourage players to use the travelnets to travel to areas instead of wandering around spawn thinking "huh, no place to build".
jan6 wrote:That's a cool server, could you please install backbacks ? and a better crafting guide? and why not unified_inventory?

The first thing I did when joined was to run to desert and begin to hollow up a pillar, It's going to be a fortress :) and it's the second house that can be considered livable, at the moment I'm hollowing out the second floor, I just hope that nobody will find it before I put protection on it...I wonder how many active players are here?
What's wrong with the crafting guide at the moment? Unified inventory causes problems for our mobile users (they're unable to craft). I'm not sure whether that issue has been resolved or not yet.

As for active players, we're currently trying to resolve this - see above! :)

This server has been around for years without fly priv for players. It would be a large change as the whole world has been built with walking on the ground in mind. Try fast priv :)

jan6 wrote:I found a glitch, if standing in water, even 1 block deep water, and fast-sneaking then it's possible to rapidly decrease hp so you die, it it doesn't then try fast-sneak and scrolling at the same time, found the dying part yesterday, found the scroll part today, and last discovery, it only works with the node replacer and node inspector, maybe some other things too...it's weird because I'm not clicking, so not using and that means that nothing should happen...

tried to make an issue to original, but probably will be ignored...

Looks like a problem with minetest, try to reproduce and submit to the bugs forum.

ptvirgo
GitHub: ptvirgo
In-game: Mox Wos

Re: Craig's Server

by ptvirgo » Post

Hey Craig:

Big fan of your server, it's a good setup and I'm having fun as a new player discovering a place with a solid history.

You asked about ideas to gain some activity. Lately I'd been thinking of doing a few build contests, with specific themes and time frames. Figured I'd offer NeuCoin prizes to my favorite builds, just to see if people find those fun (same idea as BitCoin, but meant for games instead of being "real" money.)

What do you think?
{-| Visiting Minetest worlds and making up stories: www.codeforyendor.xyz -}

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

ptvirgo wrote:Hey Craig:

Big fan of your server, it's a good setup and I'm having fun as a new player discovering a place with a solid history.

You asked about ideas to gain some activity. Lately I'd been thinking of doing a few build contests, with specific themes and time frames. Figured I'd offer NeuCoin prizes to my favorite builds, just to see if people find those fun (same idea as BitCoin, but meant for games instead of being "real" money.)

What do you think?
That's a nice idea but I'm not sure how players would be able to accept this NeuCoin. Most players are not familiar with "real" cryptocurrency or wallets etc. I'm happy to publicise this by putting signs at the spawn point or something similar.

ptvirgo

by ptvirgo » Post

I'm going to give it a shot: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15130

If there's any interest, I might ask to put in a travel net in with the others near spawn.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

I am an old player who started to move to a house downtown, but never got there :D.
Also, what do we get for NeuCoins?

ptvirgo

by ptvirgo » Post

The contest is only fun if we can keep it fun, and that's more a matter of people coming together and creating cool stuff.

I'm pretty sure NeuCoins have zero value, so that's why I called it play-money. If people start playing with them then any play-money you earned in one game could also be used in another game: either different servers or different games or whatever.

I'll put up the info tonight and you can check it out.

RHR

by RHR » Post

I finished the WTC build!

World Trade Center 2 Tower:
Coords: 60, 5, 420
base 64x64
height 415

Used materials (rough calculations):
stone: 85.250
glass: 400
glass pane: 48.000
marble: 6.400
cobble: 148.000
super glow glass pane: 1.200

My mine - most resources are collected from there :D

CraigyDavi

by CraigyDavi » Post

RHR wrote:I finished the WTC build!
Wow that's a lot of materials, great work on the build!

lisacvuk
GitHub: lisacvuk
IRC: lisac
In-game: lisacvuk

by lisacvuk » Post

base 64x64
height 415

My mine - most resources are collected from there :D

I'm curious if you intend on renting the shops and offices inside :D
It's lisac, not lisa.
400 character limit? Am I writing a book?
Administrator on Craig's server. Minetest player.
"The enemy pales when they see the face of Dazzle!" ~ Dazzle obviously.
I live in Serbia.
Steam | OpenDOTA
My mods:
Tool ranks
I appreciate donations in TF2 items. :)

gabo.xandre
GitHub: GaboXandre
IRC: GaboXandre
In-game: Gabo

by gabo.xandre » Post

base 64x64
height 415

WOW!!! Great job!!!
I never thought this could ever be finished... but I'm really glad to have been proved wrong!!!

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Yeah dude. Even I thought this was one of those dormant unfinished megastructures.