[Server] Xanadu

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

Re: Xanadu Server

by ABJ » Post

No. I'm NOT saying that - I don't blame you for having not known that I've never even played MC. I'm saying that I look up on the forums wistfully and see people talk of such things very often.

Kilarin
GitHub: Kilarin

by Kilarin » Post

ABJ wrote:Must it be accepted even though it may be openly unfair?
Something that people just don't seem to understand. The Xanadu server is owned by a private individual. No one is paying him money to host Xanadu. He is just doing it out of the goodness of his own heart.

So, essentially, we have here a situation where Joe is hosting a bar-b-cue and D&D game at his house every Thursday night. He has some rules, such as don't cuss, don't mess the place up, no snuggling. If someone breaks the rules, he tells them they are no longer invited.

Do you have to accept that? Well, yes. It's HIS HOUSE. If you don't like his rules, or think he is being unfair, your only option is to go play somewhere else, because he owns the house. It's not your house. It's not public property. It's HIS house. Doesn't matter if you loved that particular game night. Doesn't matter if all your friends are going there. If the owner of the house says you are no longer invited to his party, you will have to find another party elsewhere.

If the admins of Xanadu say you are banned, then yes, you are banned. There is no higher authority to appeal to. It's his server and his rules. If it was your server, you would want it to be exactly the same way.

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

Kilarin wrote:
ABJ wrote:Must it be accepted even though it may be openly unfair?
Something that people just don't seem to understand. The Xanadu server is owned by a private individual. No one is paying him money to host Xanadu. He is just doing it out of the goodness of his own heart.

So, essentially, we have here a situation where Joe is hosting a bar-b-cue and D&D game at his house every Thursday night. He has some rules, such as don't cuss, don't mess the place up, no snuggling. If someone breaks the rules, he tells them they are no longer invited.

Do you have to accept that? Well, yes. It's HIS HOUSE. If you don't like his rules, or think he is being unfair, your only option is to go play somewhere else, because he owns the house. It's not your house. It's not public property. It's HIS house. Doesn't matter if you loved that particular game night. Doesn't matter if all your friends are going there. If the owner of the house says you are no longer invited to his party, you will have to find another party elsewhere.

If the admins of Xanadu say you are banned, then yes, you are banned. There is no higher authority to appeal to. It's his server and his rules. If it was your server, you would want it to be exactly the same way.
Exactly! +100 for this bit of life-defining advice.

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Dudes when can you stop misunderstanding people? He - and me - was talking not about how the rules are retarded, but how the way he was accused of actually breaking the rules was retarded. I didn't complain about the rules, I was talking about how it can't be proven that this particular person has broken the rules. +100 for the advice - I also believe it that way - but it was unneeded at this particular moment, for we were not discussing the rules, but in fact proving this particular person broke it. (Notice how I've repeated this statement 3x).
Summary: Good advice, but not on topic. Besides, if you want to ban someone, you can just tell him you want to ban him because this is your server instead of falsely accusing him and he must not complain then.

Kelena
In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Post

I don't know if that "helps" and many of you know, killing "noobs" is against the rules (And no, it wasn't posted after he did that) here, Bobr killed GRACIE because she entered into a pad at spawn that directed to a land that Bobr used to own.

He said Ten told him to build the path and Ten will open it when it was ready so when GRACIE entered into that pad (Bobr apparently warned but there aren't any logs that proves it) he killed her in a public place that was supposed to be "safe" for people, keeping in mind that Bobr had the best armor on we can say that GRACIE could be known as noob compared to him.

After that he made two more accounts and if I recall correctly, people said that he said bad things. Once again can't be confirmed without logs but the admin confirmed that those accounts were related to Bobr. Then the admin said that if we know that he comes back we should revoke his privs no matter what.

Saying that there weren't any moderators at the time he was on implying that he wanted to become one was annoying, and personally, wouldn't let a killer be a moderator.

I hope this helps you to understand a bit more of why he was limited on his "Bobr" account and that he wasn't accused for no reason.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-05-03-17-24-47.png
Screenshot_2016-05-03-17-24-47.png (204.37 KiB) Viewed 566 times
Love and nodes, Kel~ | | Playing only at Xanadu.

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

While I will not join that major discussion, because it's usually fruitless (please read the other 80-something pages of this thread to confirm what I just wrote) -
ABJ, why on earth are you joining in and unnecessarily heating it up here, since you obviously aren't even affected?

Peace, mine on, noob101

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

noob101, there are things you will only understand when you are the person doing them. (Not relevant to topic!).
Also, thank you Kelena. I feel that you have finally put it to rest now. Thank you very much.

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

For what it's worth GRACIE attacked me on several occasions without cause, but that was a long time ago when athleticgirl was still playing. There was a lot of drama then. She (GRACIE) almost killed me (my armor coincidentally broke at the time she attacked) but I ran to protection I had on the road I was building and killed them. I know we're a quasi-PVP server so I never brought it up, it was water under the bridge, as it were. I never had a problem with that player since. It is disappointing that the two "pad curators" have been limited, though. First Dusty_Wraith (who I think really did mess up and came back and griefed) and now Bobr. iska / Ten gave me Dusty's roads (Bronze path was new at the time so it wasn't much) and I've been trying to curate, just haven't had time the past few weeks, in a few weeks I'll be back in force and building. :) (August 6th after my niece is done visiting the family, I juggle another nephew and niece every day, and they are a handful, so I am not able to be on so much.)

I really liked Ten's idea of just opening TPs and letting what happened happened. Totally anarchistic, but totally awesome still. Shame it didn't work out.

Bobr, I just wish you would chill out my friend, I know you on skyblocks, I know you're an OK dude, just read my advice from before. I agree with Kelena about what happened but I wanted to say GRACIE at least after Xanadu restarted, was PVPing hard.

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

I used to be like Bobr. I had an even longer argument. But that was the past. Like he said, Bobr, chill out. I've been through what you're going through, and the best option is to chill out, admit to being wrong just this time, and forget it. Who knows, you may be wrong. On my side, I've come to realize that I've been wrong quite a bit of times when I never doubted I was right. Kelena brought up enough. Chill and you will be relieved of this piece of hell.

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

Woah guys you completely got the story rong there is logs and I have someone to back me up mapcrawler aka glorfindel about me warning her and plus techanacly it wasn't a public place yet she had blocks and started building and I asked her to stop even ask glorfindel

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

OK the server owner was doing the right thing and I have been shameful and childish
Last edited by Bobr on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:43, edited 1 time in total.

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

Hey kelena and noon firstly I am moderating the server I always do that's why we have irc and secondly I didn't not do any thing rong that's my point there's no logs so there's no proof and NOOB101 how am I getting as you put it REDICULUS I think I'm being fair I could be causing a lot if trouble but since I'm nice I'm not so reconsider and ask the server owner that's the last of me before I loose what I've got if you want to contact me join skybkocks and we will talk some more

Minetest Sam

by Minetest Sam » Post

I really don't want to interfere in these matters but I will advise anyone who checks this topic to stop replying on issues and how it was shinji's fault. Right now Xanadu is recovering and when it's done then you can ask shinji cause I can understand he had a lot of work relating to Xanadu server but at that time he was angry and Bobr don't comment saying you are a mod at any particular server because all the servers are different and there are different rules.

Thanks, I hope you guys understand that shinji was very angry on the spammer and so it's not his mistake.

Thanks

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

OK so basically he did say that I got told also I'm a good player and yes I admit I did kill gracy for trespassing and apologised and gave her a nian Rainow and 2 sets of crystal armour and tools but about me saying horrible things well that's not true I loved the server and tbh if all you want to be selfish I'm gone

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

bobr, now you're giving false accusations, i was there when the conversation happened...nobody threatened to grief skyblock server, so stop accusing people of stuff they didnt do, as for the logs..not having them makes server run lag free.
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

It is okay to discuss things, but please, why do we always have to stickle even though there's not really a reason. Shinji is putting so much effort in Xanadu and I can absolutely understand him that he gets angry when dramas like this happen.

Now, I'd really appreciate if that discussion would end soon. I am not that informed about the things that happened lately due to a longer absence to Minetest and the forums, but still, when I read those posts it feels like it's always the same.

Making any accusation doesn't make things better. Now be happy with the decisions that were made and it'd be nice if this whole discussion wasn't prolonged.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Exactly bobr, no-one threatened to grief skyblock... This whole conversation is starting to take over the forum like Brexit does on the news... Time to put it to bed guys...

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Just a bit longer..........
I want to repeat everything I said in my last post.......Chill before it gets worse, I say it as someone who has started an even longer and stupider and more useless flame war, and also, WTF is this with the sudden false accusations? Bobr stop, bear with these people, these kinds of things happen, try to end this and spare yourself from more trouble, and although I don't actually KNOW what you saw in there, whatever it was, forget it, and calm down. Not everything's the way you think it is.

~Xhole
IRC: x
In-game: Xhole

by ~Xhole » Post

I agree with Ten.We all need to put this aside and forget about this.Bobr you need to move on. Shinji_Ikari doesnt have any interest of giving your privs back. Another thing you're make yourself seem bad by saying Shinji threaten to grief Skyblock.Knowing Shinji he wouldnt just go to another server and say this it isnt like him.Youre making a bigger drama than it already. Xanadu has had enough drama.I cant speak for the others but Im tired of Xanadu being full of drama.Anyways my thoughts.
~X~

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

I agree with ten as well. Bobr, put this aside. These kinds of things happen. It's no use trying to control everything. Instead of throwing grenades and firmly shutting the blast doors, try to worm your way out. You can't always get everything. You must be tolerant to some extent towards others. So dude chill out and nobody will care about anything you have done.

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

OK guys I realised that I have taken it to far and went a bit of the scale for what I have been saying a apologise and I don't want to loose what I have got now so all I'm going to say is good luck with the server you are some amazing people who I understand ate just trying to protect the server so I'm going to peace out now

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Good, Bobr. Finally you have understood that sometimes things can be hard to understand, and that too, the easy way. You are lucky. I still don't know what to say to a whole lot of people or how to get their trust and like back.

Kalabasa
GitHub: Kalabasa
IRC: Kalabasa
In-game: Kalabasa

by Kalabasa » Post

I can't log in with my old login (Kalabasa). It says no new players are allowed this time, but I'm an old player. :(
insert signature here

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

Kalabasa wrote:I can't log in with my old login (Kalabasa). It says no new players are allowed this time, but I'm an old player. :(
1. are you sure you used the correct spelling? upper case and lower case does matter here.
2. after the reset, accounts had to be re-created. if you didn't login since the reset, you are not "old".

=(^.^)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

by Killerz » Post

It says that im a new player......While im obviously a old player.......
Pretty sure i typed correct....
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (84.02 KiB) Viewed 566 times
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE