Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

Can you try to connect to 12.228.90.47 port: 30001

Rick2

by Rick2 » Post

Wait, it worked. But dude, it has my name as my IP

CheerfulCherub

by CheerfulCherub » Post

I like to help out people with building stuff, if I could get an invite to go on someone server I help out, sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, look for a place to put it, couldn't see anywhere else to post it Also how to do I to chat with people on IRC, I downloaded, got to freenote, went to #minetest and nothing happen, couldn't hear anyone chatting,do I need an invite to chat?

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

CheerfulCherub wrote:I like to help out people with building stuff, if I could get an invite to go on someone server I help out, sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, look for a place to put it, couldn't see anywhere else to post it Also how to do I to chat with people on IRC, I downloaded, got to freenote, went to #minetest and nothing happen, couldn't hear anyone chatting,do I need an invite to chat?
No, you don't need an invite to use IRC. However, the IRC is not always active, you may have to idle for some minutes or even hours to hear anyone talking. Also, it's "freenode". :)
Last edited by Calinou on Mon Feb 17, 2014 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Gattina18_

Re: Illustrated Server Creation Guide

by Gattina18_ » Post

This guide is useful for start a private server right? I mean that if I created a server falling this guide then I can play with my friend if I send she the address (that corresponds to the number next to Ipv4 in ipconfig) of the server and the port, only she and I, right? This isn't a public server right?
In this guide viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8924 , in step 3, there are codes of configuration in Minetest.conf, should I configure this or no because is a simple server, where there are only I and my friend and this server don't appair in public servers?
When I create my server and my friend enter on this, she can fly, interact, move fast, give, teleport and other things or should I give her this privs because I am the creator of this server?When i'll create my server I'll can have all privs, right? Sorry if you don't understand me well I'm Italian... Sorry! :)

Gattina18_

by Gattina18_ » Post

Hey, I have created a server to play with my friend. I have did the port forwarding, with my IP address (IPv4) and with port 30000. I have did this (port forwarding and creation of my server) while I have did videochat with the friend who should enter to my server. She has tried to write in Client, in Address my Ip Address, and in port 30000 (my port). She has writed in password the password default that I send to she (In minetest.conf I have setted a password that all players who would to connect in my server should write) and she has click connect. Nothing. Every time that she tries to connect in the server, loaded, loaded, loaded... she tries to connect 10 times, from 2 days, and waited, waited, also 15 minutes trying to connect but nothing.... Now, how can she connect?!!!

daniovision
In-game: daniovision

by daniovision » Post

Hello, could anyone help me?
I've set up a minetest 0.4.10 on a VPS, but now I don't know how to give privileges! I can't find any way to do that on the internet.
Could anybody help me?

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Post

daniovision wrote:Hello, could anyone help me?
I've set up a minetest 0.4.10 on a VPS, but now I don't know how to give privileges! I can't find any way to do that on the internet.
Could anybody help me?
/grant priv playername

Ex.

/grant fly Esteban

EDIT: http://wiki.minetest.net/Privileges
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

daniovision

by daniovision » Post

Yeah, I know, but "minetest --server" won't take my commands.
I mean, I can type in commands, but I get no response...

daniovision

by daniovision » Post

Nevermind, just figured out how to do it.
If anyone else is wondering about this (which I doubt), you need to set your privileges in the auth.txt file (in the folder of your world).

mahfoud x
GitHub: mahfoud13
IRC: mahfpud
In-game: mahfoud

by mahfoud x » Post

wow :-o

Daedric
In-game: LoLa

by Daedric » Post

How can I change my IP from dynamic to static ?

KzoneDD

by KzoneDD » Post

Daedric: you can either do a complicated setup on your computer that depends on OS/version to explain, or you can log into your router where you also do the port forewarding, there's usually something like 'DNS' where you can tick 'always assign the same ip to this client' ...

Your IP as seen from the outside is handled by your internet provider. If it's not static, your only option is to change plan or provider.

FicsrealZ

by FicsrealZ » Post

Кто починит? / Who will repair?

Jesseman1
In-game: Jesseman1 or Plant_Operator

by Jesseman1 » Post

I tried the port forwarding method, but their website has no guides for Linux computers or the Minetest game. I think I managed to do the port forwarding anyway after looking at a dozen vague instructions, but my server still isn't showing up on the public server list, please help me!

amadin

by amadin » Post

I installed minetest-server (0.4.14) package from linux repository. Where is the folders: "mods", "games", "worlds" and minetest.conf???? In user directory are only empty .minetest folder. I find nothing in wiki about this.
EDIT: After first run was created /home/user/.minetest/worlds/. I find another folders by running minetest and then minetestserver --info. Most folders are in /usr/share/games/minetest. I think this need add to wiki.

WhiteOwl
IRC: WhiteOwl
In-game: WhiteOwl

by WhiteOwl » Post

JUST GO TO minetesthosting.com sign up for the free plan or any paid plans "free plan does not require credit card info." then go to my worlds tab then create a world. make name, default privs, its self explanatory really. then BAMMMM!!!!! YOU HAVE A SERVER!!!!!!!!!!! ALL YOU NEED IS EMAIL AND CREATE A PASSWORD DONE. AND NO NEED TO KEEP YOUR COMPUTER RUNNING THE SERVER IS RAN BY THE SITE. LOG IN ANYWHERE ANYTIME TO CHECK ON YOUR SERVER. DO COMMANDS, BAN, KICK AND ALL THE GOOD STUFF. ALSO PLAY IT FROM ANY MINETEST CLIENT. ITS LIKE A SERVER CREATION FOR DUMMIES:D i tried it out and it works good. but i do perfer getting at least the $5 plan if your going to use their site. otherwise you just have basic mods on it. and their wont be any mods to use to protect things like your spawn town buildings.....so.....$5 plan recommended. but you can always just use the free one. GOOD LUCK.

Milan*
GitHub: tchncs
IRC: Passant
In-game: Milan Passant

by Milan* » Post

Or just don't go to a hoster which is overpriced and don't let you control your mods and so on...