by Killerz » Post

ok sorry...
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

Re: Xanadu Server

by Killerz » Post

Ten could you please amount of hunger it takes to craft?It takes half of the hunger bar to craft a stack of items.....Thanks

Conspiracy theorem: The autocrafters,Sad to be very unused, have hypnotized the server admins into making crafting take hunger so they will be used more???

To be continued
Last edited by Killerz on Tue Jul 19, 2016 15:29, edited 1 time in total.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

On a rock
In a lake
In a bambus grove
just a little to the north by northeast of the settlement at the place mentioned in the posts above
Attachments
screenshot_20160507_163426.jpg
screenshot_20160507_163426.jpg (58.05 KiB) Viewed 798 times

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Please, anyone, don't reply "It's your fault that you got limited. So.......". PLEASE.
He probably already feels bad enough.

EDIT: Whoops sorry I'm too late -_-.

Ernestas
In-game: Ernestas

by Ernestas » Post

Ok, just please tell me what the heck do i have to do to get into the server? "No new players being admitted.. " blah blah. How the heck do the servers see me as a new player when i have already built a huge house, gonna run a food shop and stuff and already played this game from 2014 or 15 autumn... And please don't ignore me like last time...

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

Ernestas wrote:Ok, just please tell me what the heck do i have to do to get into the server? "No new players being admitted.. " blah blah. How the heck do the servers see me as a new player when i have already built a huge house, gonna run a food shop and stuff and already played this game from 2014 or 15 autumn... And please don't ignore me like last time...
we started with a new map when minetest 0.4.14 came out this year.
if you didn't login since then, then you are a "new" player.
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

firefox wrote: we started with a new map when minetest 0.4.14 came out this year.
if you didn't login since then, then you are a "new" player.
There was also a text-file reset (which includes player files) which took all our inventories back a few weeks. (this happened early last week or something?) I imagine new accounts made in that window may be considered 'new' all of a sudden.

minetestjosh

by minetestjosh » Post

Killerz wrote:Ten could you please amount of hunger it takes to craft?It takes half of the hunger bar to craft a stack of items.....Thanks
And hunger it takes to farm... I posted the stats before, a few hundred plants destroys your hunger... can only harvest, say, 200 before you start starving. Good thing we can use beds as kill spawn. I just /kill when I harvest 200 or so plants and go back to farming. It's still pretty annoying.

Not sure if plant hunger is tied to mining hunger tho so it may make sense. Would be nice if they were separate.

EDIT: just FYI, I'm going to be gone for 10 days or so, but BRONZE PATH is still open for new plots, I made sure some could place protection in areas. Perhaps the "no new player" thing is keeping people from signing on I dunno, but new players or old players even look around Bronze Path, I have opened up plots for you. If I was on I'd show you the plots, just look at the signs I placed.

Ernestas

by Ernestas » Post

Thank you guys for telling me. I was in the countryside for 1 month, logged in 1 time when i was there and then finally came back only to be locked out of the server. Oh and, will my chest, house and shop place be saved or are they gone like after every reset? Also, why is the server rejecting new players anyway and will i ever be able to come back to this server at all?

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

- - Before someone else makes an aggravating reply - -
The server is locked because of banned people coming back with alts and causing trouble.

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Like abj said,also your items will not go as the server was not reseted(Unless you did not log in after the first reset)
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Halliday

by Halliday » Post

ABJ wrote:- - Before someone else makes an aggravating reply - -
The server is locked because of banned people coming back with alts and causing trouble.
The problem is the majority of people who are locked out were probably not instigators of anything worse than bad cobble houses....

I hope I still get access to my buildings, think I may cry otherwise...

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Ten can't very well abandon you if you did nothing wrong. I don't really know how this "whitelist" thing works, but I'd say he would find a way for you.

Texan
In-game: Texan

by Texan » Post

Halliday wrote: I hope I still get access to my buildings, think I may cry otherwise...
If you were locked out after the player rollback, you buildings will still be there. Only player files were altered, not the map itself, as far I know.
-- Texan :)

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

Can't get in on a server, I was registered for long time and last joined it about week ago fine I guess. I didn't build anything, just viewing.

Halliday

by Halliday » Post

Texan wrote:
Halliday wrote: I hope I still get access to my buildings, think I may cry otherwise...
If you were locked out after the player rollback, you buildings will still be there. Only player files were altered, not the map itself, as far I know.

I hope I do get back on soon, and can access my area. I worry about not being able to interact with my protected areas as I need to finish roads/tarmac and all sorts....

Halliday

by Halliday » Post

Have just been on server.

It felt sooo good to be back!

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

With the wall down i have a feeling that white path is gonna be open 'soon'
Attachments
screenshot_20160721_074251.png
screenshot_20160721_074251.png (353.28 KiB) Viewed 798 times
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Is the server down?
Edit:Nvm
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Ernestas

by Ernestas » Post

Halliday wrote:Have just been on server.

It felt sooo good to be back!
Well, that's one feeling i'll have to do without if this keeps on...

1 more question though, will Ten ever lift the wall for new and 'new' players?

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

when Phi is afk...

it's a little early this year, but i always wanted X-Mas in July :3

:P :P :P
Attachments
screenshot_20160722_175325.png
screenshot_20160722_175325.png (205.22 KiB) Viewed 798 times
screenshot_20160722_174446.png
screenshot_20160722_174446.png (110.75 KiB) Viewed 798 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Bonny

by Bonny » Post

i must admit ice looks very nice with that beard :P welldone red haha
When life gives you lemons, just bake some lemon cupcakes
Dream as if you"ll live forever, eat cupcakes as if you would die today

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

Attachments
posing at wall.png
posing at wall.png (293 KiB) Viewed 798 times

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

How easy can it be to make a whole lot of players pose for a selfie? :thumbup:

afflatus
GitHub: 0-afflatus
IRC: afflatus
In-game: afflatus

by afflatus » Post

Apart from the unique mapgen and the number of different mobs, one of the things that makes Xanadu so popular is the strong moderation. It means you can get on with the game without being bothered by other players, unless you want to.

There are more than 150 other Minetest servers out there and you can always build your own if you want to play in a world with different rules - several have no rules at all. Open-source means you have the right to download the code that Tenplus1 and others have released and you can go build a similar server. It doesn't give you the right to log on to someone else's server and start arguing about the way they or their staff do things. Typing

Code: Select all

/kick
or

Code: Select all

/ban
is really easy (even easier if you don't bother giving a reason) and has a lot to do with how long it takes for the moderator to get bored that day. Nobody is getting paid to deal with any of this, so before venting your internet rage, please take a deep breath and remember that we're all human beings with feelings, real-life pressures and a whole story behind how we came to be the way we are. Walk away from the keyboard / tablet, eat some food, take some exercise and think about how you'd feel if someone started arguing that way with you. We could all be a bit gentler with each other.

It's a game. All games have house rules and it's normal to expect to be thrown out of the game if you start arguing with them. End of rant. Time to get on with building something incredible - I'm inspired by Big Ben!
Grailtest is stirring ...