[Server] Xanadu

myster
In-game: myster

Re: Xanadu Server

by myster » Post

+1^ :)
In the name of Justice! -- Mr. mystery :)

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

by Killerz » Post

I am i the only one who seems to have the ''connection timed out'' in the loading screen?I can connect to the internet,But,Cannot connect to Xanadu. Any help would be great
thanks

~killerz

P.S The server is up when i try ad log in..

Edit;Apparently restarting the comp fixed the problem
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

Kelena
In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Post

And here I got some screenshots from a totally not dangerous laser built right before the last map reset. *cough*
Spoiler
I may upload some screenshots of Aurora since not everyone saw it and some are asking about it :p
Love and nodes, Kel~ | | Playing only at Xanadu.

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Kelena wrote:And here I got some screenshots from a totally not dangerous laser built right before the last map reset.
What is the blue solar panel thing in first screenshot and what are the flat gray things on the sides of the autocrafter?

Kelena
In-game: Kelena

by Kelena » Post

A rotated blue sign and grey carpets :)
Love and nodes, Kel~ | | Playing only at Xanadu.

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

Kelena wrote:And here I got some screenshots from a totally not dangerous laser built right before the last map reset.
Speaking of the old map, Aurora was located at:

https://mt.jjayr.com/mt/mt02-xanadu_old ... 706/-21890

Due to a change I made in the code I use to serve the map tiles, the old map was inadvertently broken for almost a month -- this was only corrected about 2-3 days ago.

I've made a few minor changes:
  • Thanks to SNI certificates with Let's Encrypt, the site is fully SSL-enabled. Both versions of the site will be maintained, but If I build some kind of login system, it will be HTTPS-only.
  • The tiles were thousands of little PNG files on disk, I switched to storing them as blobs in a sqlite database, with timestamped updates when the tile is detected as changes. This will facilitate the time lapse function I've mentioned a few times.
  • I've added all the teleports + areas I know about, using their proper in-map names.
  • I've been wandering the areas I know about, and with the the new timestamped storage, I'm building a function to help me identify stale areas, so I can prioritize re-mapping them
  • If there's an area you'd like mapped, let me know, and I'll teleport over and map it.
  • New map (Xanadu 2016)
  • Old Map

~Xhole
IRC: x
In-game: Xhole

by ~Xhole » Post

Yay upload some pics kelly :>
~X~

Phoen

by Phoen » Post

mystik wrote:
Speaking of the old map, Aurora was located at:

https://mt.jjayr.com/mt/mt02-xanadu_old ... 706/-21890

Due to a change I made in the code I use to serve the map tiles, the old map was inadvertently broken for almost a month -- this was only corrected about 2-3 days ago.

I've made a few minor changes:
  • Thanks to SNI certificates with Let's Encrypt, the site is fully SSL-enabled. Both versions of the site will be maintained, but If I build some kind of login system, it will be HTTPS-only.
  • The tiles were thousands of little PNG files on disk, I switched to storing them as blobs in a sqlite database, with timestamped updates when the tile is detected as changes. This will facilitate the time lapse function I've mentioned a few times.
  • I've added all the teleports + areas I know about, using their proper in-map names.
  • I've been wandering the areas I know about, and with the the new timestamped storage, I'm building a function to help me identify stale areas, so I can prioritize re-mapping them
  • If there's an area you'd like mapped, let me know, and I'll teleport over and map it.
  • New map (Xanadu 2016)
  • Old Map
Wooooowwww!! I quit my hat against this work! *0*
Excellent, wonderful and beautiful. Congratulations Mystik!
When I finish the constructions, I will invite you to visit my home and Grytviken Tower. Thank you very much ^_^

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

I recommend you do it now, before you're eliminated by unknown forces.

Killerz
In-game: Killerz

by Killerz » Post

Hey ten,i messed up and choose another skin...Could i have this one?
Thanks
EDIT:I have made a mistake,please take the new texture
Attachments
download (2).png
download (2).png (3.48 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Last edited by Killerz on Mon Aug 01, 2016 07:24, edited 3 times in total.
EDM For the win!

Vassy - Secrets = LIFE

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

I don't understand. "Brown" MISSING?

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

i was out of ideas for beards, but noobert gave me a new inspiration =(^.^)=

:P :P :P
Attachments
screenshot_20160803_200256.png
screenshot_20160803_200256.png (184.88 KiB) Viewed 759 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Phiwari123
In-game: Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

I see how it is!!!

Please note that this is just a prank!

noob101
In-game: noob101

by noob101 » Post

Woot? No dating on this server!!! Gotta kick some ppl, it seems.

But I admit, nice ears, Ice... *wink wink, Red_Fox

Have fun, noob101

Bobr

by Bobr » Post

Hi noob

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

noob101 read the text at the bottom. It says that Please note this is just a prank
Are you seriously telling me you fit your username?

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

ABJ wrote:noob101 read the text at the bottom. It says that Please note this is just a prank
Are you seriously telling me you fit your username?
that was added afterwards. the original post was dead serious =(0.o)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

lol nvm

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

So, i had that crazy idea today that nearly made my entire computer collapse (i needed to restart it cause it froze)...
I tried to start to explore the whole server map to scan it with minetestmapper and have a nice 60000x60000 Pixels map picture of xanadu, just for fun... And yeah, the result is a bit disappointing cause it shows how "much" i explored today... (Note: I was walking around the map for many many hours)

Because scanning the whole map at once would have really caused problems, i decided to divide the map scanning process into 12 single files, all 10000x30000 pixels big. This covers the whole map. So, i did that and got pretty nice results.

This following miniature preview showing the whole Xanadu map (at least the parts that i explored) I created from the previews of the files, since when i tried to make a 60000 x 60000 pixels (30000 blocks in all directions from spawn) picture in my painting program and trying to insert the first bit my whole computer froze. So i do not recommend this to anyone.

Anyway, here are the (disappointing) results of my (hours of) exploration:

Just to show how giant those two tiny dots in the middle of the map are (yes, its spawn area and another neat area i found):

(Please note that this is not the full size of the image)

Kinda thought it would be nice to share this... (Also please note that the map i scanned only contained the things i explored in Xanadu today) To show how "much" one can explore in one day in Xanadu :P

auouymous
GitHub: auouymous
IRC: air
In-game: auouymous

by auouymous » Post

Phiwari123 wrote:Image
I thought my monitor had some dirt spots and tried to rub them off. :)

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

auouymous wrote:
Phiwari123 wrote:Image
I thought my monitor had some dirt spots and tried to rub them off. :)
Hahhahaha

mystik
GitHub: jasonjayr
In-game: mystik

by mystik » Post

I tried that (mapping the whole map in one pass) .... once :) IIRC It took out my computer, requiring a reboot.

The map on mt.jjayr.com site is also generated with the minetestmapper, but I'm doing it in chunks of 256x256, and then using imagemagick to stitch them into larger zoom levels

Zoom level '4' (if you look @ the url) is the base zoom level I'm using. I'm always mapping, and finding ways to accumulate more map data (working on a drone-like mapper to run while I sleep), so (IMHO) I may have the most complete map second to the server's source files -- though it may not be the most up-to-date in all areas.

Feel free to steal my tiles to stitch them into a larger image if you'd like :) I switched from storing the tile.png files in individual files, to storing them as blobs in a giant sqlite file to lighten the load on my filesystem.

Phiwari123 wrote:So, i had that crazy idea today that nearly made my entire computer collapse (i needed to restart it cause it froze)...
I tried to start to explore the whole server map to scan it with minetestmapper and have a nice 60000x60000 Pixels map picture of xanadu, just for fun... And yeah, the result is a bit disappointing cause it shows how "much" i explored today... (Note: I was walking around the map for many many hours)

Because scanning the whole map at once would have really caused problems, i decided to divide the map scanning process into 12 single files, all 10000x30000 pixels big. This covers the whole map. So, i did that and got pretty nice results.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

some fun I had with the mapper a while ago
Spoiler
note the mesa-like islands that remind of Tepui and the underwater riverbeds.

of course this is just a part of the map and an older one at that. Attempting to make a complete map of my journeys on Xanadu crashes my system as well.
Attachments
Map-server_98.166.90.48_30000-2016-07-09.jpg
Map-server_98.166.90.48_30000-2016-07-09.jpg (866.83 KiB) Viewed 759 times

Xanthin
GitHub: Xanthin
IRC: Xanthin
In-game: Xanthin

by Xanthin » Post

The "fun with mapper topic" reminds me that I have not yet posted the timelapse from my project on the previous map.

Time: 15-07-03 to 16-03-17
(if I remember the process of protecting and surface fixing O.o)
Coords: 2000, -600 (at mystik's hosted map)
Attachments
Xan'Azaar
Xan'Azaar
xanazaar.gif (406.2 KiB) Viewed 759 times

Phiwari123

by Phiwari123 » Post

That's simply amazing :D