[Mod] Peaceful NPC [1.8.5.2] [peaceful_npc]

ParaklataChotou
GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

Re: [Mod] Peaceful NPC [1.8.5.2] [peaceful_npc]

by ParaklataChotou » Post

Sokomine wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote: Why my NPC s are invisible. What do I need to do for fix the bug? I would thank your answer n_n.
The character model - that which defines how the player char (and these mobs here as well) look like - has been changed. Just search for all occourances of

Code: Select all

character.x
in the mod's folder and replace them with

Code: Select all

character.b3d
and you'll be able to see them again.

Beware: The mobs will still rush on you at night time :-) They won't harm you, but...they can get pretty close and hop on your head :-)
It's working now!!! Thank you so much :). Can I upload the paceful_npc with this fix?
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

ParaklataChotou wrote: It's working now!!! Thank you so much :). Can I upload the paceful_npc with this fix?
As the liscence seems to be WTFPL, you may well do that. But the best idea would be to fix the original repro, to create a pull request to peacful_npc on github and/or to contact jojoa1997 so that the main version gets fixed :-)
A list of my mods can be found here.

casio33

by casio33 » Post

Thank you for this awesome mod. But how can I select the path for a guard?

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

jojoa1997, will be add NPC, so that will be can trade them. And NPC follow me, dig shafts, build houses, open/close door...

TailsTheFoxDoes MT
In-game: TailsTheFox

Re:

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Post

babe223 wrote:o'que you want to add, in mod?
I might add Heromine to Mob_pack, well, with a different name, since "heromine" is a bit too MINECRAFTY.
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

I love this mod, but I would like the NPC characters to speak to players when punched - is this possible?
everything can be a learning experience...

ph8jPf9M
GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Post

christoferlevich wrote:I love this mod, but I would like the NPC characters to speak to players when punched - is this possible?
advanced npc is trying to achieve that but instead of punching you will need rightclick you will also need mobs redo https://github.com/hkzorman/advanced_npc

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

christoferlevich wrote: I love this mod, but I would like the NPC characters to speak to players when punched - is this possible?
Mobs that are punched are beeing attacked by the player and would usually suffer damage. The normal way to interact is to right-click them. The traders from my mobf_trader mod react to punching by self-healing, complaining to the player about the attack and offering their trade goods. Just take a look at the code and search for on_punch.

zorman2000
GitHub: hkzorman
In-game: zorman2000

by zorman2000 » Post

ph8jPf9M wrote:
christoferlevich wrote:I love this mod, but I would like the NPC characters to speak to players when punched - is this possible?
advanced npc is trying to achieve that but instead of punching you will need rightclick you will also need mobs redo https://github.com/hkzorman/advanced_npc
Yes that is correct. I'm working on a new NPC mod called advanced_npc. It is not quite there where I would want it but already supports speaking to NPCs via right-click.

Considering the way interaction is done on Minetest, for example, you use objects using right click (like opening a chest), I think a player should interact with NPCs by right click as well.

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

Awesome! I am implementing these in with elementary school children and the admin want a violence-less environment... surprisingly, the kids don't seem to mind so long as they can build...
everything can be a learning experience...

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Please can you tell me the texture licenses for the skins?
Do you have any objection to any of these skins being used in a skins mod for MTGame?

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

paramat wrote:Please can you tell me the texture licenses for the skins?
Do you have any objection to any of these skins being used in a skins mod for MTGame?
Paramat, this is about the sixth post you've made similar to this. This skins mod for MT Game had better be good...
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Win10_x64, minetest-5.1.0-38b94f2 (Sfan5's build), Peaceful NPC [1.8.5.2]

Hi,

First of all, Thanks for this beautiful mod......
I have trouble: all the mobs spawn and move at wrong altitude... How I fix this?

Thanks again...

R
https://imgur.com/RLMIhO0
https://imgur.com/Eurouss

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Guess that spawning on the wrong altitude is caused by some updates in the 5.0 version, while this mod was never actively adjusted to that version.

In order to fix it, just search for "collisionbox", and add 1.0 to the second and fifth value there.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Sokomine wrote:Guess that spawning on the wrong altitude is caused by some updates in the 5.0 version, while this mod was never actively adjusted to that version.

In order to fix it, just search for "collisionbox", and add 1.0 to the second and fifth value there.
Hmm, maybe a reach out to try to get in touch with jojoa would be worth it to see if this can be placed into minetest_mods, that way it could be maintained and updated.
I remember trying this out early on
A Wonderful World