0.4 Dev Error

LolManKuba

0.4 Dev Error

by LolManKuba » Post

Well a few times today when I want to go on Minetest this comes up: Image
And I think it has something to do with the 'world' folder because I got my saved world from the 0.4 and put it on the 0.3.1 and when I tryed to enter the server the same thing came up.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

LolManKuba wrote: And I think it has something to do with the 'world' folder because I got my saved world from the 0.4 and put it on the 0.3.1 and when I tryed to enter the server the same thing came up.
there's your problem, the world is lost.

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

Yeah 0.4 worlds are not backwards compatible with 0.3 as the world data was changed quite a bit in 0.4

You will have to start a new world if you want to play on 0.3.1

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Um how is my world lost? Because 0.4 is unstable so this could be one of the errors with the world part of 0.4

dannydark

by dannydark » Post

LolManKuba wrote:Um how is my world lost? Because 0.4 is unstable so this could be one of the errors with the world part of 0.4
The world isn't lost you just won't be able to load it in older versions of Minetest.

A few things changed in the code that made the new world data stuff work differently meaning that because the world was created in 0.4 of Minetest you will need 0.4+ to play on it, even if the world was originally created in 0.3 if you have since loaded it in 0.4 it will have been converted to use the new 0.4 map format so it will no longer work in 0.3.

So basically if you want to continue playing that world you will have to stick with version 0.4 (or higher) otherwise if you do want to use an older version of Minetest (i.e. 0.3.1) you will need to start a new world.

jp4000

by jp4000 » Post

I know this is an old post but I have had this problem many times. I have lost plenty of worlds in all minetest versions. The error message is referring to the env_meta file in your worlds folder. the information has been deleted somehow and you replace it with something like this:
game_time = 25541
time_of_day = 15677
EnvArgsEnd
And voila! You should get your world back.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

jp4000 wrote:I know this is an old post but I have had this problem many times. I have lost plenty of worlds in all minetest versions. The error message is referring to the env_meta file in your worlds folder. the information has been deleted somehow and you replace it with something like this:
game_time = 25541
time_of_day = 15677
EnvArgsEnd
And voila! You should get your world back.
I don't really play Minetest anymore, I just try to help people ect. on it.

jp4000

by jp4000 » Post

Well, now you know. And so can anyone else having this problem. You can even slap a "Solved!" on it :)
Last edited by jp4000 on Wed May 02, 2012 02:51, edited 1 time in total.