[Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

BrunoMine
GitHub: BrunoMine

[Modpack] Societies [v3.0.0] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Post

Description:
This modpack adds societies for the game, each society has its own characteristics (See the README files in the repository for more details)
Spoiler
Sunes
The sunes (from esperanto, "sun") are humble people living on plains. They do not have much technical skill and therefore only use simple materials to find (wood, stone, straw and etc). Their constructions generally have materials predominantly of wood, straw and many glass windows so that sunlight enters inside.

Sovagxans
The Sovagxans (from esperanto, "wild") are very sociable inhabitants of the jungles. They like a life life in nature, with their simplistic philosophy, they are not the most intelligent.
Depends: Image
Spoiler
* Portuguese (100%)
* English (100%)
Download(ZIP): sociedades v3.0.+

License: LGPL v3

Links:
Spoiler
Last edited by BrunoMine on Sat Aug 04, 2018 20:29, edited 55 times in total.

burli

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v0.7-beta] [sociedades]

by burli » Post

Can't see the images

BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v0.7-beta] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Post

burli wrote:Can't see the images
Fixed. Thank you.

BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v0.9-beta] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Post

New v0.9-beta (prerelease)
  • Fixed cut trees bug
  • Optimized scan (of mapgen) to save processing use
  • Smoothed edge of structures

TheReaperKing

by TheReaperKing » Post

So hopefully no one minds the copy and paste from my other post but it just seems apt. If nothing else this could be some inspiration:

If only there was a simple way to port this minecraft mod:
http://millenaire.org/

Not only do the villages have NPCs that live in it, but they also work on upgrading their villages and adding more houses. Also the NPCs actually have kids that grow up and add to the village population. If you donate enough resources to them they will even offer to buy you a house and if you donate a crazy amount they'll make you the mayor. Also there are bandit lairs and if one is close to a village it will attack it sometimes. If you wipe out all the bandits they don't come anymore and they have lots of treasure in their bases. Pretty cool stuff.
Millénaire is a mod for Minecraft, a 3D sandbox game. It aims to fill the "emptyness" of Minecraft worlds by adding NPC villages to it, with loose 11th-century Norman, Japanese and Mayan themes and additional cultures planned.

Villages are populated with men, women and children of various kinds, who perform tasks such as trading with the player, expending current buildings or improving existing ones, cultivating crops such as wheat in Norman villages and rice in Indian ones, crafting tools and powerful amulets, etc. As the village expends, the number of villagers increases as couples have children who grow up into new adults.

Help villages grow by trading with them and be rewarded with unique items such as Normand and Indian food or statues and tapestries to decorate your house with. And if they start liking you enough, they might even build you a house of your own.
Become A Real Life Superhero - http://SuperheroHill.com
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com
Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com
Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

This idea is very interesting. I will note a few points and implement in another moment.
Currently, minetest lacks a good MOB-Engine to support the inhabitants.

D00Med
GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Post

Those villages look really nice!
Have you considered using mobs_redo?
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

TheReaperKing

by TheReaperKing » Post

Also it looks like what you and this guy are doing is related:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15377

Maybe you two could team up :)
Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

D00Med wrote:Have you considered using mobs_redo?
Yes, but mobs_redo is a complicated project work. I have read and reread his API, but the functions do not look good, there is little control of mobs and lack useful features for developers.
Moreover, it does not have a good organization of the version. I do not believe it is worth working with mobs_redo (despite being the only option)

D00Med
GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Post

Ok, personally I think it's pretty simple, good if you want a walking veggie to populate the towns.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

wow the villages look nice!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

What exactly does the mod do except placing some simple wooden structures? What is it supposed to do in the future? The documentation is not in any language I can read :-(
A list of my mods can be found here.

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Sokomine wrote: The documentation is not in any language I can read :-(
You have probably guessed that my English is horrible. For this reason I do not translate (need help with this)
Sokomine wrote:What exactly does the mod do except placing some simple wooden structures? What is it supposed to do in the future?
If you want to better understand the project (at least in this first moment) try to translate the documentation (google translator can help you).
I agree that the project is a little crude, but it'll soon be bringing news. I am searching for good ideas at forum (and already found some very good which were reported in the above threads).

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

BrunoMine wrote: You have probably guessed that my English is horrible. For this reason I do not translate (need help with this)
I'm not a native speaker either. My main language is German. You're doing fine with your English. Just don't try to translate. That's far more difficult than just saying something in another language.
BrunoMine wrote: If you want to better understand the project (at least in this first moment) try to translate the documentation (google translator can help you).
Automatic translations are usually pretty bad. They can give a rough idea of what the project is about - but seldom much more. Google translate is mostly something for fun :-)
BrunoMine wrote: I agree that the project is a little crude, but it'll soon be bringing news. I am searching for good ideas at forum (and already found some very good which were reported in the above threads).
Yes, having a mod like that MC millenaire would be great. I still hope that someone will do mobs that can act convincingly inside a village. But I'd like to have more complex houses than those you used so far. They are too simplistic for my taste. On the other hand, those houses I built for my villages mod are far too complex and make mob movement too tricky.

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Sokomine wrote: I'd like to have more complex houses than those you used so far. They are too simplistic for my taste.
The current houses (or structures) are used for testing. All structures will be upgraded to v1.0.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

BrunoMine wrote: All structures will be upgraded to v1.0.
Ah! Thank you. That ought to help :-)

The way the houses are encoded seems to be the old WorldEdit format (or something similar). You ought to consider using the schematic format .mts as that is far more useful. minetest.place_schematic is better for this than minetest.set_node. When dealing with mapgen, voxelmanip and its version of place_schematic are faster and more reliable than set_node.

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

Okay. Thank you. I will accomplish this change before v1.0 also.

BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Post

I finished these small changes. It seems to have been much better. Thank you.
Commit 981e16a8b8fd25f37f159a52704c57fa37c13e2d

BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.0] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Post

Updated to v1.0 stable
  • exchange structures assembly of minetest.get_node to minetest.place_schematic as mentioned at forum
  • improved structures for sunos (8 new structures)
  • structures documentation system
  • data structure to save data from villages in permanetes tables
  • others

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.0] [sociedades]

by Nathan.S » Post

This looks really good. Going to have to download it and try it out.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.1] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Post

Released version 1.1
New features:
  • NPC
  • Communal house
  • Shops
  • Support for translations (with intllib)
I would like to ask for help to translate this project

TheReaperKing

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.1] [sociedades]

by TheReaperKing » Post

Thank you for your hard work on this! Also have you seen this mod?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3223

On page 5 Bell has a git with a bunch of updates, but it'd be awesome to combine it with your mod so that the NPCs actually expand their villages. With mobs redo the villagers could have babies too haha.

Take care!
-Mike

BrunoMine

Re: [Modpack] Societies [v1.3] [sociedades]

by BrunoMine » Post

Changelog v1.0 to v1.3
Only of Sunos societie
  • New structures.
  • Stabilized villages generation
  • New setting options
  • Workbench
  • Thatch roof in the structures of houses
  • Systematization of decorative items
  • Store
  • Communal house

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

It's difficult to understand how it works without beeing able to read the texts and descriptions. The first world I tried did not contain any societies nearby (not even with fast&fly). The second one was better - I spotted a village a couple of meters away from where I spawned. The locals where very friendly and "asked" (upon right-click) for certain materials. Once I had aquired those, the locals gave me a flag so that I could mark the place for their new community house. This proved trickier than I first thought - because the flag kept demanding to be placed on a flat 13x13 area and was very reluctant to finally accept a far larger flattened place. Once it was satisfied, the new community house appeared instantly around me. The locals inside the new community houses had blueprints for further house types for "sale" - they offered new flags for the placement of buildings in return for the materials needed.

It'd be very helpful if someone could translate the texts into English. The villagers seem to be a happy bunch, but I don't really understand what they want...

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Sokomine,

I too am confused. I managed to pull these two from the github, and ran them through Google Translator

The Readme.txt file

Code: Select all

Sunos

By BrunoMine

That mod adds the sunos people to the game that randomly appear by the map. The sunos (from Esperanto, "sol") are humble people living in plains. They do not have much technical skill and therefore only use simple materials to find (Wood, Stones and etc). Read more about the project node wiki wiki
Download
Textures CC BY-SA 3.0

The authoring assignments of the textures are described in the file ATRIBUICAO.txt in the textures directory.
LGPL v3 software

Sunos is free software; You may redistribute it and / or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (FSF); In version 3 of the License, or (in your opinion) any version. This program is distributed in the hope that it may be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; Without an implied warranty of FITNESS FOR ANY MARKET OR PARTICULAR APPLICATION. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this program, if not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Structures

The structures saved in schematic form of minetest have their proper attribution described in the file CATALOGO.md that accompanies the corresponding media files.
Commands

/ Sunos | Operates some features

features:

Save a structure: s <type> <name> <width>
    Loads a structure: c <type> <name> <width>

Settings

These settings are placed in minetest.conf

Sunos_array = 33 (in percentage, only integer numbers, default is 33)
    Sunos_verif_fundamento = 10 (time in seconds for each verification of an active ground in the map, default is 10)
    Sunos_casa_comunal_decadencia = 300 (time in seconds that the communal house can be in decay, standard is 300)

Create structures

All structures of this mod must obey the following parameters:

Width and length (vectors x and z) equal
    Height (vector y) of 15 nodes
    Width of 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 or 13
    Saved and stored in minetest schematic format
    Filename should follow the format <name>. <Width> .mts
    Description made in file CATALOG.md

Format for files CATALOGO.md:

Structures:
        <File name>
        <Name of another file>
        <Name of another file>
    Author: <Name>
    Date: <Date of termination>
    License: <License>
    Nodes: <OPTIONAL>
        <ID of a node>
        <ID of another node>
        <ID of another node>
    Description: <OPTIONAL to describe how the structure works>
And the Races.txt file

Code: Select all

Sunos

Description

The sunos (from Esperanto, "sun") are humble people living in plains. They do not have much technical skill and therefore only use simple materials to find (wood, stone, straw and etc). Its buildings generally have predominantly common wood materials, straw and many glass windows for sunlight to enter the interior. Containers, shelves, flowers and ovens are very common to be found in homes and other buildings of the Sunos.
Villas

The villages of the Sunos are sociable groupings where players can coexist in harmony and cooperation with the residents.
Homes

The houses of a village define the number of inhabitants, which in turn allow the creation of other suna structures. When a house is even partially destroyed, it ends up being abandoned, becoming ruined.
Community House

The Suno people need a communal house to establish a village and perform several other tasks. The Communal House is the main structure of a village, it can not be easily destroyed by passing through a period of decadence where any player can restore it.
Stores

You can exchange items in stores

Sovagxas

Description

The Sovagxas (so Esperanto, "savages") are inhabitants of the jungles that, despite the name, live in small sociable groups. They like to lead a life as close to nature as possible, with their simplistic philosophy, not the most intelligent.
Mother Tree

The mother tree of the sovagxas is a wild tree with a very large canopy where the sovagxas make their dwellings. It is possible to live with the sovagxas in their trees and pick up some of their items.