Adventures in Minetest (tell your gameplay stories)

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Adventures in Minetest (tell your gameplay stories)

by Wuzzy » Post

If you have a great story to tell about a particulary exciting or interesting or funny game session you have played in Minetest, I would like to read about it here. If you had just completed a difficult quest, made an epic adventure, built an astonishing structure or have defeated a dangerous enemy or did something else which is worth telling, this is the right place to post it in. :-)

Stories can be short or long, doesn't matter. It can be about any subgame with any mod on any server. It would be nice if you mention these in your post. For simple “look what I've build” posts I would recommend to use one of the many screenshot threads, unless you also want to tell the story behind the building.
The only strong requirement I have is that you have to have actually played it. Please don't just invent stories out of the blue.

I will start with 2 of my own stories which I already have posted elsewhere, so I just post links:

programmingchicken
GitHub: pchicken
IRC: chicken pchicken

Re: Adventures in Minetest (tell your gameplay stories)

by programmingchicken » Post

I built a nice house. The end.
<gamerdude> I apologize for the above content

MykieDoesStuff

by MykieDoesStuff » Post

programmingchicken wrote:I built a nice house. The end.
12/10

Best story ever.

Honestly, for me... I remember mining to 10K... it was a lot of fun. Fighting lot of mobs and such... and getting tons of ores :)
For fast response... send me a PM

programmingchicken

MykieDoesStuff wrote:
12/10

Best story ever.

Honestly, for me... I remember mining to 10K... it was a lot of fun. Fighting lot of mobs and such... and getting tons of ores :)
I hosted a server for an hour, made two friends that I will never meet again, one of which spoke spanish. I built a nice house for each, and then had to leave. The end.

burli

by burli » Post

I build a glass labyrinth. Getting dizzy while building and had a lot of fun watching my daughter walk through this labyrinth

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

on my first day on Xanadu (old map) i went to search for a nice place.
after dieing twice from starvation, i finally found the the public farm, which was right near the spawn :P
after stuffing my bag with food i went adventuring again.
then the night came and a giant spider attacked me. i hid in an abandoned ruin, but the spider knew how to use stairs. i found a position where i could knock down the spider from the stairs before it could hit me. after a while i successfully killed the spider with bare hands :3
then i swam over the ocean (without a boat), grabbed some clay from a hole under a small tropical island on the way and finally arrived at the Burning Lands.
there i burned the clay into white baked clay and used it to build a tiny greek temple, which became later known as the Holy Tree Shrine.
then a lot of good stuff happened, blablabla, and eventually everything was lost when a giant mountain fell from the sky, destroyed everything and changed the landscape.
after some time i left the Burning Lands, since they could not be restored to their former shape.
the end :P

after that i founded the Hidden Ninja Village, but that is another story ;)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

programmingchicken

firefox wrote:on my first day on Xanadu (old map) i went to search for a nice place.
-snip-
I built nice things, then talked back to an admin and got banned. I made a new account, built some more nice things on the ocean, and tried to tell the admin who I was and that I wasn't going to do anything bad, went afk, and got banned. Xanadu admin sucks.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

programmingchicken wrote:
MykieDoesStuff wrote:
12/10

Best story ever.

I hosted a server for an hour, made two friends that I will never meet again, one of which spoke spanish. I built a nice house for each, and then had to leave. The end.
Ñe, he, he! :3

I was in "axaro's server", a "brazilian" troll tried to kill everybody, i killed him and then he killed me in a way of revenge.
I decide to left the server!
Have a nice day! :D

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

Jacobs Ladder: A SkyTest journal by Kilarin might fit well to this subject.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Thanks for the replies so far! :-)

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

These are some of my stories on various Capture the Flag servers.

-Once I was playing as Team Red and assaulted blue's base. We killed EVERYONE and then after sometime, someone started an ambitious project to make the blue spawn into a giant execution pit. We tortured them for an hour or more (or less), and during the first part, I believe everyone competent left out of embarrassment.
-The next match, I WAS PLAYING AS BLUE, and I started an ambitious project to build a good base. Last match, blue's base had been a pit, the next match, it became a fortress with 4 block walls and 5 block frontal wall.
Screenshots here!
-Then I remember playing a match where I killed quite a few people with a wooden sword. The next match, during the build time, I bragged about it.
Then pops up this (girl?).
"You're mean"
WTF?!
Long story short, for multiple matches, (lets say she) continued on being an idiot, swearing whenever she died, calling everyone, especially me, mean, demanding apologies for being killed, and "avenging" herself. Everyone, I think, who even looked and absorbed the chat must of been like WTF??!!?!!! I mean, I was just ROFLOLED!
-Then I remember building a cobble "arena" on the "beaches of Normandy", and slaughtering several well armed people with IIRC a stone sword.
-Then I remember taking the opposite team's flag, spinning around for a few minutes, and then coming right back to their base. Actually, this happened several times.
-Then I remember joining a match in progress to find a HUGE wall, a totally HUMONGOUS wall that extended over ENTIRE boundary between red and blue to one side and partially to the other side. Seriously. HUMONGOUS. It was all the way up to hilarious, how HUGE that wall was! While we would struggle to build a decent base, these guys had the Great Wall of China in there!!
-Then I remember so many times, fighting against impossible odds in the opposing team's base, with a wood or stone sword, constantly jumping and spinning around, determined to get as many kills as possible before I most certainly died, only to escape and win the match.
-Then I remember a huge, beautiful fortress right in the middle of the beaches with a sniper tower that was heavily defended. But it fell anyway, and we went around climbing up and down the tower, looking for members of opposite team hiding out in the grounds. It was a shame when the game restarted.
-Then I remember getting a shotgun and several ammo packs, going to the other team's island, and standing on top of a faraway tree damaging their base.
-Then I remember getting in a hole near the other team's base with a SMG, but catching on a ledge halfway down, but seeing members of the opposite team falling all the way down.
-Then I remember "submarine warfare", where you would try to run while submerged in the deep parts of the sea, or end up fighting under the sea.
-Then I remember the arena traps, I already mentioned a bloody example above, we'd build a cobble arena in the middle of the beach and stay there and taunt opposite team members there to get slaughtered.
-Then I remember the effectiveness of arrows against pretty much everything else. I'd kill gun and steel sword armed people in seconds, and I myself would come to fear the sound of the arrows. An interesting effect was how the sound of empty guns sounded like arrows. So scary.
-And I remember several times throwing away all my equipment and weapons and raiding the enemy base empty hand - successfully. And once I had a pistol on me, but it ran out. I attacked anyway, and won the match.

-
-

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

ABJ wrote:These are some of my stories on various Capture the Flag servers.

-Once I was playing as Team Red and assaulted blue's base. We killed EVERYONE and then after sometime, someone started an ambitious project to make the blue spawn into a giant execution pit. We tortured them for an hour or more (or less), and during the first part, I believe everyone competent left out of embarrassment.
-The next match, I WAS PLAYING AS BLUE, and I started an ambitious project to build a good base. Last match, blue's base had been a pit, the next match, it became a fortress with 4 block walls and 5 block frontal wall.
Screenshots here!
-Then I remember playing a match where I killed quite a few people with a wooden sword. The next match, during the build time, I bragged about it.
Then pops up this (girl?).
"You're mean"
WTF?!
Long story short, for multiple matches, (lets say she) continued on being an idiot, swearing whenever she died, calling everyone, especially me, mean, demanding apologies for being killed, and "avenging" herself. Everyone, I think, who even looked and absorbed the chat must of been like WTF??!!?!!! I mean, I was just ROFLOLED!
-Then I remember building a cobble "arena" on the "beaches of Normandy", and slaughtering several well armed people with IIRC a stone sword.
-Then I remember taking the opposite team's flag, spinning around for a few minutes, and then coming right back to their base. Actually, this happened several times.
-Then I remember joining a match in progress to find a HUGE wall, a totally HUMONGOUS wall that extended over ENTIRE boundary between red and blue to one side and partially to the other side. Seriously. HUMONGOUS. It was all the way up to hilarious, how HUGE that wall was! While we would struggle to build a decent base, these guys had the Great Wall of China in there!!
-Then I remember so many times, fighting against impossible odds in the opposing team's base, with a wood or stone sword, constantly jumping and spinning around, determined to get as many kills as possible before I most certainly died, only to escape and win the match.
-Then I remember a huge, beautiful fortress right in the middle of the beaches with a sniper tower that was heavily defended. But it fell anyway, and we went around climbing up and down the tower, looking for members of opposite team hiding out in the grounds. It was a shame when the game restarted.
-Then I remember getting a shotgun and several ammo packs, going to the other team's island, and standing on top of a faraway tree damaging their base.
-Then I remember getting in a hole near the other team's base with a SMG, but catching on a ledge halfway down, but seeing members of the opposite team falling all the way down.
-Then I remember "submarine warfare", where you would try to run while submerged in the deep parts of the sea, or end up fighting under the sea.
-Then I remember the arena traps, I already mentioned a bloody example above, we'd build a cobble arena in the middle of the beach and stay there and taunt opposite team members there to get slaughtered.
-Then I remember the effectiveness of arrows against pretty much everything else. I'd kill gun and steel sword armed people in seconds, and I myself would come to fear the sound of the arrows. An interesting effect was how the sound of empty guns sounded like arrows. So scary.
-And I remember several times throwing away all my equipment and weapons and raiding the enemy base empty hand - successfully. And once I had a pistol on me, but it ran out. I attacked anyway, and won the match.

-
-
One time i killed some dude with a nickname "ABJist", he/she had so many Grenades and blowed up all the base :3 I took my extra-premium Mese Sword and killed him.

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Wow IDK that guy. Cool anyway.

MineYoshi

24462472 10040544 35462556 35072562 31271440 32267040 232645

by MineYoshi » Post

ABJ wrote:Wow IDK that guy. Cool anyway.
24667440 30667557 33020162 32263550 35037440 22220167 30271440 35064151 33465551 33463440 30261157 35272040 32220144 33667047 35020155 32267144 10064546 10064440 31067556 11672040 34066141 36220151 33420164 33667440 33272543 32020164 32266545 13020163 32267143 31220151 11662040 33067566 31220164 33620143 33662145 13020141 33462040 32223555 10073557 34465551 33463440 32267040 25062563 35020117 31420104 35272171 10220124 32064563 10071565 30463541 33262440 35664554 33020163 32067567 10046551 33462564 31271564 10073551 33066040 31067556 11672040 35667562 32620141 34620141 33420042 21450123 10420072 21020111 11666154 10072563 31220115 13444456 23027101 10024146 34467555 10060572 31265551 33066051 10064556 10072150 31220155 33661163 13020116 24041447 34620141 33462040 21267145 33274563

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Cø ±ÇdDß:¥8ó­|³

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

ABJ wrote:Cø ±ÇdDß:¥8ó­|³
What kind of weird encryption is that, Sir? (Justly Wondering...)

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

When you forget about Octal, you get that.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

ABJ wrote:When you forget about Octal, you get that.
Justly say what type of encryption!!!!!

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

Fuq, just type an octal code, be stupid and send that to a hex decoder, and see the f result!

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

ABJ wrote:Fuq, just type an octal code, be stupid and send that to a hex decoder, and see the f result!
I try to decrypt, but it's too hard.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Newest adventure on @test@, told by sorcerykid:
sorcerykid wrote:Last weekend's nomadic excursion with maikerumine and aidenminer was a blast! The goal was simple: travel by foot as far north as possible with only a wooden pickaxe, a wooden sword, and some apples. And most importantly survive!

We got together an impromptu team of people including 843jdc, Amaretto, BlueFireUn, jtee, kumma__, SaKeL, WoodDeNoche, and myself. It was truly a battle against all odds, forcing us to share a very limited supply tools and food while building makeshift shelters and fending off stone monsters.

Needless to say, rnd beat us to the punch. He was the first to make it to 10,000 meters while the rest of us were struggling just to stay alive. By the time I arrived, he was already preparing his new basecamp!

I immediately set out to gather materials. I dug my first mine to -500m, and emerged with a decent haul of diamonds, mese, copper, and iron. But, as luck would have it, my client crashed in the midst of a hoard of stone monsters. That meant walking 10,000m from spawn to collect my bones. To my surprise, I found this memorial designed by rnd: "here lies brave sorcery, fought valiantly till her last breath. was torn apart by fiendish monsters. You will stay in our hearts forever. R.I.P."

Once, I did gather my wits (and my belongings), I was able to complete my very first outpost at 10,000 -- my new home away from home :)

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

One day, I went to this guy's protected city with some TNT. I then led him out of it, placed lots of TNT, and blew him and myself to the Mithril-Mine.
The other day, I invited another person near my house, where there was TNT buried under a tree, and blew myself up in front of her.

If a griefer can't grief others, then he's gonna grief himself.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

ABJ wrote:One day, I went to this guy's protected city with some TNT. I then led him out of it, placed lots of TNT, and blew him and myself to the Mithril-Mine.
The other day, I invited another person near my house, where there was TNT buried under a tree, and blew myself up in front of her.

If a griefer can't grief others, then he's gonna grief himself.
very creative =(^.^)=

but a deadly trap hole with hoppers to pick up the dropped items is even better :P
the "free diamonds" trick doesn't work anymore but you can still lure people in with cookies and cakes :3
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

D00Med
GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Post

When I started adding mobs to my horror mod, I built a survival world to test them on.
Originally they were REALLY hard to fight, and I spawned on a beach near a grassland biome.
I did have farming redo, so I could run through the world collecting food without fighting the monsters, but there were too many. Eventually I climbed a mountain to where there were less mobs(at that point in time none of them spawned on snow), and dug myself a cave. I managed to go down the other side of the mountain and collect wood without dying(it took me many attempts), and then started mining. Since I couldn't really move away from the cave, I built a big castle around it, until I had better weapons. The mobs couldn't be killed with stone or even bronze swords, and I couldn't farm food because it's always night with the horror mod. When I finally had a mese sword I could go out and get materials without dying, but not before I had enough bones to make an entire room out of them. Then I got bored and made a cactus, and it spread around the castle, and did a bunch of other boring things...
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Thanks Wuzzy for sharing my story. That was perhaps one of the most exciting and memorable adventures I've ever had playing Minetest. In hindsight, I'm kind of glad I took the time to document it :)

For those that prefer the "less reading, more watching" alternative to storytelling, there's actually a video recording of the expedition on maikerumine's YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/LIu_p7Ksqw0?t=11060