[Mod] Poison ivy [20120506] [poisonivy]

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

[Mod] Poison ivy [20120506] [poisonivy]

by VanessaE » Post

This mod is obsolete and will not receive any further updates. Please use Plantlife instead. That mod replaces this mod and two others.

Well after that major debacle with the poison ivy I got into a week ago, I decided I needed to do something to make it worth all the itching :-)

Here, then, is a mod for minetest and its forks to add poison ivy.

Ivy will spawn on dirt or grass, and in some cases, on vertical surfaces, trees, and jungle trees where they meet the dirt or grass. Ivy previously spawned will occasionally grow taller/thicker or start climbing up said vertical surfaces and trees.

At present, the plants present little more than an annoyance - they can only be cut down and either re-planted or thrown away. No damage is done by harvesting them, yet. ;-)

Mod based on ironzorg's flowers mod; I left the spawn rates the same so the plants don't take over your world (in fact, they may take a few day/night cycles before you start to notice them). If you want a really overgrown environment just lower the MAX_RATIO and GROWING_DELAY variables at the top of init.lua.

Textures hand-drawn by me (16x16px).

License: N/A
Download: N/A

Screenshot:
(Note that the spawn rate has temporarily been cranked *waaaay* up for this shot)
Last edited by VanessaE on Wed Nov 06, 2013 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Lol I was going to say, why is there so many of them until I read the last sentence.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Haha yeah there's a lot in this shot (you should have seen the rest of the surrounding area!) but in practice, the ivy will appear far less often. :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Oh yes by the way what5 do you mean by 20120506?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

The date it was released - 2012-05-06 :-)

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Phew I thought you mean't the Minetest version because I would be like, what the heck? How did you get that version?

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Haha no, I'm still using the same MT as everyone else. I just figured using an actual version number on this mod might be a bit premature :-)

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

i'm not using the same MT as everyone else, I'm using the BlockPlanet MT

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Ok the same MT code base ;)

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Vannesa could I use this mod in my "Realistic Modpack"
EDIT: Oh and could I also use your realistic texture pack?
Last edited by LolManKuba on Tue May 29, 2012 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Go right ahead. :-)

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

+1
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

John_Ianson

by John_Ianson » Post

This is my first post that I've had in ages, so I hope this is worth it.

Anyway, I had an idea that you could implement into your mod-
Rather than damaging the player (because poison ivy doesn't kill you by touching your skin) like you were planning, make it so the player is unable to use any tools (because your skin gets itchy) until they wait for a certain amount of time or take a dip in a lake (to wash it off).

A possible way to do that would to make the screen flash (opaque) red, which would interfere with the player using said tools (and simulate the annoyance of poison ivy).
Last edited by John_Ianson on Thu Sep 27, 2012 23:41, edited 1 time in total.
I've never met my biological parents, lost many friends, been beaten to an inch of my life, received death threats, and been expelled from High School, among other things. And if I can get through ALL that, I'm PRETTY SURE that you have ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for half-assed coding.

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Poison ivy is nothing to mess with, but could make for a good defense mechanism when used properly.