[Mod] Goblins [goblins]

FreeLikeGNU
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

Re: [WIP] Goblins [mobs_goblins]

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

I've adjusted digging to occur more often and removed digging from goblins other than digger. Also reduced debug messages to just nodes being replaced.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

I just downloaded the latest from git. Love how they are acting now. Awesome work!
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

everamzah
GitHub: everamzah
IRC: everamzah
In-game: everamzah

by everamzah » Post

Do you have plans to drop the goblins mod that depends on Mobs Redo?

FreeLikeGNU
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

everamzah wrote:Do you have plans to drop the goblins mod that depends on Mobs Redo?
I would like for it to be easy to use goblins standalone or with redo, so I don't plan to drop support for redo, though it may take a little while to get them synced.

moshiro fumamoto

by moshiro fumamoto » Post

wont work. some help. am new at this

duane
GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Post

moshiro fumamoto wrote:wont work. some help. am new at this
What isn't working? I haven't seen any problems so far.
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

moshiro fumamoto

duane wrote:
moshiro fumamoto wrote:wont work. some help. am new at this
What isn't working? I haven't seen any problems so far.
don't know. maybe is the mod folder name.

duane

by duane » Post

moshiro fumamoto wrote:don't know. maybe is the mod folder name.
Did you see a message about the problem? The folder has to be named "mobs_goblins". If you can run the game from a terminal window, you might see more messages.

moshiro fumamoto

duane wrote:
Did you see a message about the problem? The folder has to be named "mobs_goblins". If you can run the game from a terminal window, you might see more messages.
nothing. still run error

moshiro fumamoto

moshiro fumamoto wrote:
duane wrote:
nothing. still run error

ERROR: mod error: failed load and run
/usr/share/games/minetest/mods/mobs_goblins/init.lua

oleastre
GitHub: oleastre
In-game: oleastre

by oleastre » Post

If it's installed in /usr, I suppose, you did it as root.
And if you try to run it as a user, can you verify you have enough permissions to access the mod files ? (Read for files and read + execute for directories)

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

by KCoombes » Post

Just a note, your goblins can violate areas as defined by Advanced Area Protection mod (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7239&hilit=areas%5C) - do you have any solutions to keep your goblins out of basements?

EDIT: Nvm, I changed their spawn to -100 and it works, as they tend to dig/build down not up :P

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

I love that the goblins actually have a purpose, and that they don't all mindlessly attack you. It makes them almost seem intelligent. Wish more mobs were like this. This works really well with the abandoned mines mod.

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6307

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

I added this mod to the Eden2 subgame which also contains the villages modpack, and I started wondering what all those goblins were doing underground. Why were they mining so relentlessly? Then I realized it would be really cool if every 7th night, there should be a blood moon where dozens of goblins emerge from recently opened holes in the surface and start shooting exploding arrows and use catapults with rocks that basically wreak havok on the village, destroying any buildings that the players are hiding in.

duane

by duane » Post

Neuromancer wrote:I added this mod to the Eden2 subgame which also contains the villages modpack, and I started wondering what all those goblins were doing underground. Why were they mining so relentlessly? Then I realized it would be really cool if every 7th night, there should be a blood moon where dozens of goblins emerge from recently opened holes in the surface and start shooting exploding arrows and use catapults with rocks that basically wreak havok on the village, destroying any buildings that the players are hiding in.
I'm a traditionalist. I'd rather have them ride out on wolves and set everything on fire.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

duane wrote:I'm a traditionalist. I'd rather have them ride out on wolves and set everything on fire.
I liked the idea of flaming arrows also, but if you are going to add fire, it should be configurable to turn it off, because depending on your situation (lots of flammable plants and trees) this can cause raging fires in the world that never stop burning. It would be cool except then everything starts lagging and the noise gets obnoxious. So there should be a way to still have goblin raids without ruining your world if you don't want to.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

Speaking of fire, I've been finding when I've been going underground into caves/dungeons that have been populated by goblins, I've been sponaneously starting on fire or being electrocuted and losing hitpoints. Don't get me wrong, I think this is an awesome addition to the game as I love traps, but am wondering if it is part of this mod, or if it is part of some other mod.

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

The explosions are from the Goblins, they make traps that look just like the cobble with coal and moss. I was surprised when I first discovered them, but looking through the code it is indeed from the Goblins.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

duane

by duane » Post

Nathan.S wrote:The explosions are from the Goblins, they make traps that look just like the cobble with coal and moss. I was surprised when I first discovered them, but looking through the code it is indeed from the Goblins.
My favorite is the TNT trap.

ufa

by ufa » Post

How do I disable this mod? I have already out load_mod in false on world.mt but it did not work. Also, if I delete the folder, I get lots of errors

burli

by burli » Post

duane wrote:I definitely don't want them much rarer.
I like the Goblins, but I think they become to strong. What about reducing the chance of spawning, but if there is already a Goblin the chance of spawning is higher? So not each single lair is populated with Goblins

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

exelent work! continue!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

echosa

by echosa » Post

Is there a way to prevent the goblins from spawning once and area is found? I added this to my game, found a cave where a few of these guys were digging. I slaughtered them all (I thought) and light the place up with torches (like I would in other voxel games). I was hoping that I could find their cave, kill them all, then have the cave to myself. However, they just kept spawning... and spawning... and spawning...

I love this mod. It's really cool! I'd just like to be able to find the goblins, murder them all, and take what they left behind while also preventing any more are griefing.

duane

by duane » Post

echosa wrote:Is there a way to prevent the goblins from spawning once and area is found? I added this to my game, found a cave where a few of these guys were digging. I slaughtered them all (I thought) and light the place up with torches (like I would in other voxel games). I was hoping that I could find their cave, kill them all, then have the cave to myself. However, they just kept spawning... and spawning... and spawning...

I love this mod. It's really cool! I'd just like to be able to find the goblins, murder them all, and take what they left behind while also preventing any more are griefing.
They have to spawn every so often on the type of ground you set for them. In this case, FreeLikeGNU wanted them to concentrate in groups, which required that some of them place mossycobble, which the others spawn on much faster than normal. You could remove the faster spawns, but then you won't get groups anymore. You could also just dig out the mossycobble when you find it and they'll stop showing up.

echosa

by echosa » Post

duane wrote:You could also just dig out the mossycobble when you find it and they'll stop showing up.
They only show up on mossy cobble? I thought I saw somewhere that they show up on regular cobble as well. Also, by the time I got to the place, there was so much mossy cobble that they were spawning and making new mossy cobble faster than I could ever possibly mine it all to stop it.