Re: More stone types

by burli » Post

I will add even more. But I have to balance the noise

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

We should add magma like stone and core rock when getting down very deep.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

burli

by burli » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:We should add magma like stone and core rock when getting down very deep.
"Magma like stone?" Magma and Lava is basically the same. Lava is magma without gases. They disappear if magma comes to the surface.

I can add magma chambers easily. Would be also easy to add ground water

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

i know what is magma i was talking of burning stone, something like a nearly in fusion rocks. Hot stones!

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:i know what is magma i was talking of burning stone, something like a nearly in fusion rocks. Hot stones!
Good idea...
And that you get damage when you step in it!
Have a nice day! :D

burli

by burli » Post

In the valleys_c mod are hot cobble stones. You get damage if you walk over them.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

yep, like this.

ErrorNull
GitHub: ErrorNull0

by ErrorNull » Post

hey this looks great so far! please keep this going... i love to see more stones!

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

burli wrote:Well, I don't care about real geology. I made a really simple noise and add some stone types. To make it a bit more realistic I should add more stones and tweak some values, but I think it is enough for an nice gameplay.
~snipp~
This is really interesting. I would like to use it for my server I will make someday soon, except I will be adding tons of more types of stone, several which only occur below and not above certain depths underground, and ores for each type of stone, many of which are limited to generate only in one or a few types of stone and not others.

I was working on something that would add more types of stone, but it was just a hack that replaces all default:stone within certain height levels with a certain type of stone, leaving only that type of stone in all directions until the top/bottom of the "layer", and including some ore-generation of each type of stone at the boundary between layers to make it look a little bit better. I did not like making it that way - the method you have used is a lot better, and I would rather use it.

Where can I get it?

burli

by burli » Post

SegFault22 wrote:
burli wrote:Well, I don't care about real geology. I made a really simple noise and add some stone types. To make it a bit more realistic I should add more stones and tweak some values, but I think it is enough for an nice gameplay.
~snipp~
This is really interesting. I would like to use it for my server I will make someday soon, except I will be adding tons of more types of stone, several which only occur below and not above certain depths underground, and ores for each type of stone, many of which are limited to generate only in one or a few types of stone and not others.

I was working on something that would add more types of stone, but it was just a hack that replaces all default:stone within certain height levels with a certain type of stone, leaving only that type of stone in all directions until the top/bottom of the "layer", and including some ore-generation of each type of stone at the boundary between layers to make it look a little bit better. I did not like making it that way - the method you have used is a lot better, and I would rather use it.

Where can I get it?
I can upload the code to github if you like, but I try to go a different way, which is more flexible I think. Take a look here

viewtopic.php?p=230820#p230820

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

burli wrote:
SegFault22 wrote: This is really interesting. ~snip~
I can upload the code to github if you like, but I try to go a different way, which is more flexible I think. Take a look here

viewtopic.php?p=230820#p230820
Okay, this is much better if most of the methods are already built-in. This makes it easier than trying to code the whole system "from scratch", and it allows me to integrate the methods to be part of a special modular system, which I like to set-up so it is easier to make whatever new stone/ore/whatever generally only needing a single line of code to call a special function which handles the rest of the calculating and implementing the actual call to the built-in method.

This makes it so much easier to develop a better implementation of the mod I was working on before, and that means a lot less time needed before I can release a working version and set-up a server using it and other mods I'm working on. Thank you.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Anywhos, Minecraft has a few other stone types (if they really are that). Like granite, diorite, andesite, idk if those are even real... I do agree that maybe a FEW more should be added, but maybe no more than 5? Let's not overdo it :P. Other stones may provide more building materials for textures and colors.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.