[Mod] Mobs Redo [1.61] [mobs]

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.32] [mobs]

by TenPlus1 » Post

Visual indicators are more difficult to do and would need HUD elements added which I'm not willing to add to a mobs mod. Explain what you mean by non-binary strength ?

Current attack behaviour can be spammed BUT knockback will only happen at full tool interval... Spam attacks by punching will only deal damage at full interval, but if using sword or other tool then attack damage is reduced unless full interval has passed.

abcd_z

by abcd_z » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Visual indicators are more difficult to do and would need HUD elements added which I'm not willing to add to a mobs mod. Explain what you mean by non-binary strength ?
Currently it's set up so that the attack either works (100% damage) or it doesn't (0% damage), depending on if it's reached its cooldown time or not.

I'd like to see it set up so that the damage dealt is a function of the time since the last use. For example, 20% weapon strength at 0 seconds, with another 20% damage added every .5 seconds, reaching full strength at 2.5 seconds.

Are you sure there's no simple, easy way to visually indicate that your weapon won't deal full damage? The gameplay that I experienced that frustrated me the most was swinging my sword and continuing to hold the swing button down, and the weapon dealing no damage, even after the cooldown window should have expired. It's not obvious, it's not intuitive, and it's frustrating as hell. A visual indicator would go a long ways towards mitigating this frustration.

abcd_z

by abcd_z » Post

Never mind, I'm an idiot. I just went back to test this and I guess I was misremembering how the attacks worked. Everything's fine, please ignore.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

i agree that mi,ecraft has a great pve system. However, the pvp system has many bugs..
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.30] [mobs]

by maikerumine » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Update:

- Added 'attack_animals' flag to the api so that monsters will attack animals when set to true.
- Added 'specific_attack' flag so that monsters only attack specific entities e.g. {"player", "mobs_animal:chicken"}
- Removed highlight when mob is hit to stop lag when using large textures.
- Changed runaway timer from 3 to 5 seconds.
- When using custom on_die function you MUST remove mob yourself.
- Few tweaks here and there :)
Could you please explain this more and how to implement.

So far I have this:

Code: Select all

type = "monster",
	docile_by_day = true,
	passive = false,
	attack_type = "dogfight",
specific_attack =  {"player","mobs:target_mob"},
The rest is snipped, obivously.

The result is the mob doesn't attack the one in the list.
Yes, target mob is live and well as well as a monster.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Milan*
GitHub: tchncs
IRC: Passant
In-game: Milan Passant

by Milan* » Post

Hi there, i just ran in few problems:

New spawncommand:

min_height = 0,
    max_height = 60,
...makes the mob also spawn in >-11000

I have also trouble with the spawn chance (especially for spawn_specific):

-- old code, way too much mobs
mobs:spawn_specific("mod:mob", {"caverealms:glow_emerald"}, {"caverealms:glow_emerald_ore", "default:air"}, 2, 14, 1, 1, 1, -22000, -11000, nil)

-- new code, omfg so many mobs (but i tested it with success locally :()
mobs:spawn_specific("mod:mob", {"caverealms:glow_mese"}, {"default:stone_with_mese", "default:air"}, 2, 14, 1, 90000, 1, -22000, -11000, nil)

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

The latest update changed mob spawning so that it actually counts the number of a specific mob inside the area beforehand and spawns a new one only if within limits... Here is an example of a new spawn command which is easier to use:

mobs:spawn({
	name = "mobs_animal:cow",
	nodes = {"group:soil"}, -- default is {"group:soil", "group:stone"}
	neighbors = {"air"} -- default is {"air"}
	min_light = 5, -- default is 0
	max_light =15 -- default is 15
	interval = 30, -- default is 30
	chance = 9000, -- default is 5000
	active_object_count = 1, -- default is 1 (per map block)
	min_height = 0, -- default is -31000
	max_height = 31000, default is 31000
	day_toggle = true -- default is nil (true for day, false for night, nil for both)
	on_spawn = nil, -- function on spawn (nil by default)
})
...also minetest.conf setting has been changed so that mob chance AND numbers per map block can be changed, e.g. This changes cow spawn chance to 7000 and number per block to 5:

mobs_animal:cow = 7000,5
...if you only wish to change numbers per block do this instead:

mobs_animal:cow = ,5

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

you know max handled light is 14? so why 15? But i like this new way of spawning mobs!

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

max light for nodes is 14 but direct sunlight is 15 :)

flummi

Re: [Mod] Mobs Redo [1.31] [mobs]

by flummi » Post

flummi wrote:Thanks for your reply BrunoMine,

the problem is not, that they jump over the fence, but they "vibrate" through the fence:

I have made a short screencast (ca. 20 MB in size) :

http://meiforth.org/videos/screener-201 ... .54.48.mkv

The tamed sheeps from mobs_redo keep "vibrating" through the corners of my fences - and only there in the corners. They can't jump over the fences or slip through at any other places. They just walk around in the corral until they reach a corner. There they stand still for some moments with their backside to the corner and then slowly start "vibrating" and sliding backwards until they are approx. half through the fence. Then they turn around and walk away - outside the corral. This seems to not happen to the cows from mob_redo [EDIT: well the cows can escape the corrals, but I haven't seen how they made it.] or the sheeps from the cme creature mod.

Flummi
Hello again,

was anybody able to solve this problem?

Thanks

Flummi

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Mobs Redo API has been updated a few times now and so far no tamed mobs have escaped on Xanadu so it may or may nothave been fixed already with one of the updates.

flummi

by flummi » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Mobs Redo API has been updated a few times now and so far no tamed mobs have escaped on Xanadu so it may or may nothave been fixed already with one of the updates.
Thanks, I will try. I didn't realize, that the api has changed, I only noticed the new mobs and spawn algorithm.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:max light for nodes is 14 but direct sunlight is 15 :)
You learn me something!(^^)

flummi

by flummi » Post

flummi wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:Mobs Redo API has been updated a few times now and so far no tamed mobs have escaped on Xanadu so it may or may nothave been fixed already with one of the updates.
Thanks, I will try. I didn't realize, that the api has changed, I only noticed the new mobs and spawn algorithm.
Hmmm, I just installed the latest mobs_redo and mobs_animal - and in the beginning two tamed sheep came out of the corner without leaving the corral, but after that they just vibrated through the fences again. Can it be, because they are "older" sheeps from the older api or are the sheeps in my world automatically "updated" when I install the newer version of the mobs?

Thanks

Flummi

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

This is a great mod, thanks a lot. My kids and me enjoy this mod since 0.4.13 and our favourites are the lava monster and the mine trolls i.e. dungeon kings. My little ones like to chase rats in the caves and are calling them mice. Much fun.

abcd_z

by abcd_z » Post

Okay, so I was wrong before when I said I was mistaken. I had been playing it on Creative mode, which lets you kill mobs in one or two hits. There is, in fact, still a problem.

When I punch an enemy mob (spiders, zombies), it makes the punching noise and the red blood particles, even when I don't actually do any damage. If I didn't have the "HP # of #" to look at I'd spam punch all day long, wondering why it was taking forever to kill the mob. In fact, for enemies that *don't* have that indicator (e.g. mobs underground, esmobs), I had no idea if my attacks were doing any damage or not.

I strongly dislike the way you've set up the "anti-cheat" measure. It's frustrating and counterintuitive, and there's no obvious indicator when your attacks aren't going to do any damage, especially on mobs that don't show their health (e.g. every mob underground).

At the very least, please include a switch so that people like me (and the other person who mentioned it upthread) can remove that functionality from the game if we so desire. Just because you think that spamming the attack button is cheating doesn't mean everybody agrees with you*, and even if we did your implementation of it leaves much to be desired.

*That one guy upthread agreed with you, but his spelling and grammar was atrocious. I wouldn't trust his judgment.

EDIT: I mean, isn't that the whole point of mods? Everybody should be free to make the gameplay how they want, and not be locked into a certain approach? "Spamming attack" vs. "not spamming attack" isn't something that can affect other mods, so it's just you trying to force a certain type of gameplay on us. C'mon man, give us some freedom.

duane
GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Post

abcd_z wrote:EDIT: I mean, isn't that the whole point of mods? Everybody should be free to make the gameplay how they want, and not be locked into a certain approach? "Spamming attack" vs. "not spamming attack" isn't something that can affect other mods, so it's just you trying to force a certain type of gameplay on us. C'mon man, give us some freedom.
You have the freedom. It's called Free Software. If TenPlus1 doesn't feel like watering down his mod, you're free to change it yourself. You can complain that you don't like something, but you cannot complain that your freedom is being in any way limited.

Edit: And get off my lawn!
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

redblade7
IRC: redneonglow redblade7
In-game: redblade7 redblade7_owner

by redblade7 » Post

The most recent commits to mobs_animals seems to be spawning a lot more chickens and eggs than usual. Might want to check it out as I've had to do a few clearobjects until I downgraded.
-redblade7, admin of: THE CREATIVE GARDENS (creative), THE VALLEYS (sandbox), and THE DIGITAL FARMS (farming/hunger/shops)

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

duane wrote:
abcd_z wrote:EDIT: I mean, isn't that the whole point of mods? Everybody should be free to make the gameplay how they want, and not be locked into a certain approach? "Spamming attack" vs. "not spamming attack" isn't something that can affect other mods, so it's just you trying to force a certain type of gameplay on us. C'mon man, give us some freedom.
You have the freedom. It's called Free Software. If TenPlus1 doesn't feel like watering down his mod, you're free to change it yourself. You can complain that you don't like something, but you cannot complain that your freedom is being in any way limited.

Edit: And get off my lawn!
I would welcome a more friendly discussion. In the above quote I fully agree with the freedom paragraph but not with the two edited statements.

Certainly this mod is well designed and providing lots of options to change the default behavior. I very much appreciate the creative mind of TenPlus1 and the sustainable efforts to improve this excellent mod even further.

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

abcd_z wrote:When I punch an enemy mob (spiders, zombies), it makes the punching noise and the red blood particles, even when I don't actually do any damage. If I didn't have the "HP # of #" to look at I'd spam punch all day long, wondering why it was taking forever to kill the mob. In fact, for enemies that *don't* have that indicator (e.g. mobs underground, esmobs), I had no idea if my attacks were doing any damage or not.
Obviously, there is an option in Minetest where you can display the health status of all damaged mobs. Unfortunately, I am not aware of the name and the way of setting this option but you may ask around.

I am using Neoascetic's and Morn76's builds and this package has some debug options set by default. In our multi-player survival games any mob one hits and all damaged (e.g. starving by hunger) mobs around show a coloured text above their head which informs on the health status. This was introduced in 0.4.14 apparently and I am happy with it so never looked into the details.

I propose you should ask and look around on how to set this standard Minetest option on displaying in game the mob health status and you should set it for all your games.

duane
GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Post

duane wrote:Edit: And get off my lawn!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_kids_get_off_my_lawn!
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.

TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Updated: Mob damage sound and blood effects will only appear if mob damage is above 1 point (so spamming mob wont play sounds or show blood).

abcd_z

by abcd_z » Post

That works, too. Thank you for addressing my concerns, even if you disagree with my opinions. ;)

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:Updated: Mob damage sound and blood effects will only appear if mob damage is above 1 point (so spamming mob wont play sounds or show blood).
Just a little question: how about changing the blood system? (check mobpos and add particle around randomly?)

D00Med
GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Post

^could you possibly make the blood fall due to gravity too?, that'd be nice.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242