[Mod] locks [locks]

addi
GitHub: adrido

by addi » Post

due the new feature of minetest 0.4.8 the text of the shared locked signs dose change if the formspec is canceled with the ESC key.
it dose also happen to the other shared locked stuff

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed it and uploaded a new version to github. Aborting input ought to work now as before.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Upon request, I've added support for pipeworks. Tubes from that mod can be used with the shared locked chest and furnace like with a normal chest and furnace (i.e. tubes can connect to them). There's also a command

Code: Select all

/pipeworks
which you can enter into the command window of shared locked chests/furnaces to toggle output to tubes on or off. Right now this does not work because pipeworks epects another return value than what the MT documentation says, so watch out for new versions of pipeworks.

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

by Nore » Post

Sokomine wrote:Upon request, I've added support for pipeworks. Tubes from that mod can be used with the shared locked chest and furnace like with a normal chest and furnace (i.e. tubes can connect to them). There's also a command

/pipeworks
which you can enter into the command window of shared locked chests/furnaces to toggle output to tubes on or off. Right now this does not work because pipeworks epects another return value than what the MT documentation says, so watch out for new versions of pipeworks.
Done ;)

Achilles
In-game: Achilles

by Achilles » Post

WOW, i really like this mod. Thanks for doing it.
Can you only use keys to open shared locked doors, chests and etc, or can you also:
1) set a password/passwords
2) Add a clients name to the shared locked door/chest so that he/she can open it.
The Ironic Thing About Common Sense Is That It Isn't Very Common

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Achilles wrote: Can you only use keys to open shared locked doors, chests and etc, or can you also:
1) set a password/passwords
2) Add a clients name to the shared locked door/chest so that he/she can open it.
You always need the keys. For shared locked objects owned by other players, you do need a keychain. This will also open your own objects. The one keychain you have will open *all* locked objects you have been granted access to.
To gain acces to a chest, you can either type in the password (if the owner of the chest did set one), or use it like normal if the owner added you with "/add Achilles" to his/her locked object. Typing "/help" in the input window gives you a list of commands.

Sokomine

Re: [Mod] locks

by Sokomine » Post

A bug that showed up with the new animated fire in the furnace has been fixed. Please update your version of the mod if you're using a newer version of MT/minetest_game!

The pictures in the thread have been re-added from a diffrent source.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

Sokomine wrote:A bug that showed up with the new animated fire in the furnace has been fixed. Please update your version of the mod if you're using a newer version of MT/minetest_game!

The pictures in the thread have been re-added from a diffrent source.
Hm? What's this about a bug with the animated furnace fire? I was the one who added it after all.

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The mod just wasn't prepared for the new way of doing the animation and had to be adjusted. The furnace showed all the images of the animation cramped together in one image instead of an animation. But that's solved now. The pipe overlay had to be removed for the front picture anyway (VanessaE complained about that and she was right - it really didn't look well there). So nothing to worry :-)

nman3600
GitHub: nman3600
IRC: nman3600
In-game: nman3600

by nman3600 » Post

This is a very cool mod Sokomine keep up the good work :)

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Sokomine wrote:Thanks :-) My other mods need some maintenance as well.
Mine too.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Fixed a bug reported by Addi regarding the sign. The sign now works with 0.4.10 again.

fireglow
IRC: fireglow
In-game: fireglow

by fireglow » Post

Hi, I've just hit a bug with this mod, 100% reproducible server crash: https://github.com/Sokomine/locks/issues/9
Can anybody else confirm that?

AccidentallyRhine

Re: [Mod] locks [locks]

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

If there is anyone like myself who prefers mods to complement the Vanilla game design as much as possible, then I have made a customization to this locks mod. Ultimately, I've only provided any work because I needed a locked furnace mod for my server and kotolegokot's Locked Furnace mod has fallen out of support. I hope that somebody might find some of these changes useful.

Changes:
- Fixed on-ground image for Shared Locked Wooden Door.
- Light now passes through Shared Locked Wooden Doors.
- Improved Shared Locked Wooden Door textures.
- Added default door sounds to Shared Locked Wooden Door.
- Realigned the smelting grid in Shared Locked Furnace formspec.
- Redrew Lock, Key and Keychain textures.
- Changed Key, Keychain and Lock crafting recipes to better reflect their item.
- Unified art style to match default Minetest Game, removed custom formspec backgrounds.
- Fixed Active Furnace showing up in creative inventory (Removed item description).
- Other miscellaneous polish, retested against Minetest 0.4.14.

Download:
Attachments
locks.zip
Extract into your mods directory.
(224.34 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Last edited by AccidentallyRhine on Thu Dec 07, 2017 20:29, edited 3 times in total.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

+1
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

kahnack
In-game: kahnack

by kahnack » Post

Hello

in first thank you for this mod.

I meet some probleme with it, when I add an other player to my shared locked object, the message is good (xxx are now allowed to use/access ...) but the function doesn't work.
Even if I tape "/list", it shows me a blank list.

- I've downloaded from github
- I have a key and keychain in my inventory
- the other player had key/keychain too
- nothing in log for give me information (aside "assignement to undeclared global "name")

if anyone had an idea to solve that, i would appreciate it !

AccidentallyRhine

kahnack, in my time giving locks mod a "face lift", I discovered the same issue you encountered. Right now, only passwords can be used to share locked objects with other players.

Locks mod is in some serious need of love and I think Sokomine is gone. The forum doesn't even show his last login date.

I will look into fixing /add <player> functionality and also fixing a serious flaw that allows players to place shared locked doors on protected areas. Maybe even fork it considering all the work I already did.

UPDATE: To temporarily fix /add <player> functionality change the line in ~/locks/init.lua that looks like:

meta:set_string("allowed_users", meta:get_string("allowed_users")..","..help[2] );
to instead look like:

meta:set_string("allowed_users", help[2]);
It will allow you to add one person to the access list at a time. More updates will be shared in this thread as I work on them.

addi

by addi » Post

AnxiousInfusion wrote:Maybe even fork it considering all the work I already did.
If you start a fork of this mod, I would be happy if you could merge my pull request for this into your fork. https://github.com/Sokomine/locks/pull/12

It gets rid of the command field and instead displays a nice and user friendly formspec. Of course its still compatible for the old command fields for existing nodes. It made a lot of work, so it would great if it was not for nothing. Btw your changes are also great :)

AccidentallyRhine

addi, that is fantastic! Thank you. Not only does it clean up the discordant "command line" placement but it also resolves the issue that kahnack was talking about.

I applied another update which fixes an issue where players would need to enter a password every time they used a password protected door. But I will not be updating the download I provided in this thread anymore. Instead, I have forked the mod here:

https://gitlab.com/AnxiousInfusion/padlocks/tree/master

addi, I want to incorporate your changes but the code has changed a bit since you opened that pull request. Do you think you can tweak it and open another at the new Gitlab fork?

addi

by addi » Post

hmm you renamed the mod to padlocks, thats imo a bit bad, because you cannot easy update from existing mod to your updated one. Also the whole commit history is gone in your fork.

I think its not a problem to write a patch for your fork. But I have some questions: If you want to keep "padlocks" as name should I still try to keep it compatible with the old api or woud it be ok if I only support the new? (this would probably save a lot of work)
Should I write a lbm that converts the nodes of "locks" mod to avoid unknown nodes?
If you want to keep that api cange I would also change the OOP ":" to "." since this mod api was never OOP. would that ok?

AccidentallyRhine

Moderators here take issue to using common shortnames so I renamed to padlocks to differentiate from existing locks. My "fork" derives from my customized version found earlier in this thread. Just want to avoid conflict...

If these are problems, I can try importing locks from Github to Gitlab and then adjust my changes to that.

Anyone want to chime in on whether it is okay for me to use the name "locks"?

mase
In-game: mase

by mase » Post

Support for mesecons would be nice!

mnh48
GitHub: mnh48
IRC: MNH48
In-game: mnh48

by mnh48 » Post

AnxiousInfusion wrote: ... I have forked the mod here:

https://gitlab.com/AnxiousInfusion/padlocks/tree/master
Can you make new thread for it now? ... or maybe no ...

Some other mods could still make theirs compatible with older mods, eg. signs_lib can still use alongside default signs and display_lib could be use alongside signs_lib because the authors made it compatible

so I wonder if your padlocks mod could be made to be compatible with original locks mod? so the previous settings of shared locked door, and stuffs inside shared locked chest & furnace would reappear instead of just unknown nodes?

EDIT: I've opened issue in their Gitlab for that backward compatibility since they did not reply to this post yet.

christoferlevich
GitHub: ChristoferL

by christoferlevich » Post

Having some trouble:

First of all - I can set up a wooden locked door no problem. It works great with the owner (so long as the owner has a key) but how do I give the proper key to someone else? I have tried dropping the key as owner to user. I have tried grabbing a key in creative for the user.

Does the door not work with just a key - just a code - or does it have to be both?

Is the key something I could do away with entirely as it seems its only real function is to add a step to enabling others to unlock a door.
everything can be a learning experience...